UK Politics - Wanted: 50,000 Lorry Drivers. Long hours, Crap Conditions, All The Schadenfreude You Can Eat

Spockydog

9 minutes ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

I admire your optimism. Remember, those Amazon delivery trucks also need drivers and fuel. :D

Not for long. They've already got the electric vans, and the robots are imminent. 

Priti Patel, yesterday: "Freedom to protest is a fundamental right our party will forever fight to uphold."

Also yesterday:

Liam Geary Baulch who lives near Manchester told us: "within 30 seconds of holding this sign outside the Conservative party conference it was confiscated by Manchester police for "offensive language". When I asked to have my property back, I was arrested for breach of the peace. As Priti Patel laid out her crackdown on protest inside, I was in the back of a van for simply standing alone with a piece of cardboard. If anything I'm more convinced now that this sign is the truth"

"If businesses can't deal with all the things we insisted would not happen, then it's their fault for being unprepared."

He is absolutely bang on the money. And it's telling that the most fervent supporters of Brexit are nowhere to be seen right now.

Our new Health Secretary knows how he wants the care home crisis solved:

Sajid Javid has said health and social care “begins at home” and people should rely on their families in the first instance rather than on the state.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/sajid-javid-health-nhs-family-b1932886.html

Bit of an insult to the UK's 7 million family carers that.

4 hours ago, Which Tyler said:

I give you, our ex-foreign secretary (where he admitted to not realising that the Dover-Calais crossing was rather important), and the man currently in charge of our criminal justice system

Women who are causing men to miss out on having fun with vaginas are being miss-o-gynists. Maybe?

On the very same day the Tories take away £1000 per year from the poorest people in the nation, drawing widespread condemnation across the rest of the world, this gentleman feels it appropriate to whine about "the grim reality" of having to live on a paltry £82,000 per year.

Come round mine and look at my bank statements, you fucking ghoul. I will show you the meaning of grim.

9 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

On the very same day the Tories take away £1000 per year from the poorest people in the nation, drawing widespread condemnation across the rest of the world, this gentleman feels it appropriate to whine about "the grim reality" of having to live on a paltry £82,000 per year.

Come round mine and look at my bank statements, you fucking ghoul. I will show you the meaning of grim.

Was about to link to this.

Heart bleeds.

18 hours ago, Spockydog said:

Priti Patel, yesterday: "Freedom to protest is a fundamental right our party will forever fight to uphold."

Also yesterday:

Liam Geary Baulch who lives near Manchester told us: "within 30 seconds of holding this sign outside the Conservative party conference it was confiscated by Manchester police for "offensive language". When I asked to have my property back, I was arrested for breach of the peace. As Priti Patel laid out her crackdown on protest inside, I was in the back of a van for simply standing alone with a piece of cardboard. If anything I'm more convinced now that this sign is the truth"

But if we call people fascistic just because of their beliefs and actions, are we not the true fascists?

14 hours ago, The Anti-Targ said:

Women who are causing men to miss out on having fun with vaginas are being miss-o-gynists. Maybe?

I think he just jumbled the word when he meant sexist or misandristic. 

On 10/2/2021 at 9:45 AM, A wilding said:

The case for the prosecution here is that the Met police contains areas where institutional misogyny is so ingrained that red flag behaviour by this murderer was regarded as the norm and ignored or glossed over. Indeed, horribly, it may even have encouraged him. Now this may not be true, but I have not seen any reaction from the police to cast doubt on its truth, and there seems to be little intent to address any such issues.

There’s also the possibility of anyone who’d be offended by such conduct feeling compelled to stay silent or risk ostracism and ridicule. 

Iron Man Boris? GTFOH.

Everybody, apart from the usual fascist-friendly rags, is saying it was a speech from some distant fantasy land, delivered by a guy who is economically illiterate.

The cretins will lap it up, as usual.

1 hour ago, Heartofice said:

That page basically sums up why each paper is awful in its own particular way

So you're really just writing words for the sake of writing words.

Let's examine, shall we, the sheer, utter awfulness of the British Press this morning.

The Guardian: Two headlines - Business Anger at Johnson, and Sheikh Mohammed hacking his wife's phone.

The Times: Three headlines - the same as above, plus a really positive story about a malaria vaccine.

The Metro: One headline - Build Back Banter (seems fair)

The Express: One headline - Iron Boris Unleashes The Spirit of Britain (lol, lol, lol, lol)

The Telegraph: Three headlines - No new homes in green fields, a piece attacking GPs (classy as ever), and a Cabinet row about people taking pictures while being tested for Covid.

The i: One headline - There May Be Trouble Ahead (that is fucking nailed on)

The Mirror: One headline - Senseless Slaughter (pigs being culled and incinerated because there is nobody to process the meat.)

The FT: Loads of stuff beneath big splash on how Putin is going to fix the gas price crisis by letting us all have some more.

The Mail: This is an actual, printed newspaper headline - Booster Boris Love-In (wtf does that even mean?), and Sheikh Mohammed.

The Star: Aliens broke my internet.

Now, I know I am not the sole arbiter of what is awful or not. But, really. 

Archived