UK Politics - Wanted: 50,000 Lorry Drivers. Long hours, Crap Conditions, All The Schadenfreude You Can Eat

Spockydog

12 hours ago, Derfel Cadarn said:

As long as Chunky Kitkats are still considered a biscuit rather than confectionery, I don’t care.

Of course, I think lockdown proved that. I’m not going to sit around in the middle of the day scoffing Mars bars and snickers but a cup of tea and a little biscuit in the form of Kit Kat chunky is perfectly fine.

See also Twixes. Since lockdown ended while doing the big shop I still find myself sometimes drifting toward the confectionery aisle where they inexplicably stock such biscuits as Kit Kat chunky or Twix. 

If you can keep your job when all around you
    Lies ravaged from what it is you’ve done;
If intellect and common sense confound you
    And if integrity you have but none;
If you can lie and not be tired of lying,
    And pretend you act for the public good,
But then leave the people to their dying
    And say you did, sadly, all you could;

If you can dream – of nothing more than power;
    If you can think – but only of yourself;
If you believe this country’s finest hour
    Is when the chosen few can gain more wealth;
If you can flout the law with bluff and bluster,
    And not care whether you are believed,
Or deny with scorn every single blunder
    And not care how many you may deceive;

If you can stir up hatred, fear and violence
    To create division to suit your ends;
And answer cries for help with silence,
    And then laugh about it with your friends;
If you can stretch this country to its limit
    Or until it is you’ve had your fun,
Yours is this land and everything that’s in it,
    And – as you wished – you’ll be PM, my son.

Brian Bilston

3 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

But good crisps, I'm not prepared to compromise there. 

There's nothing like a bag of Kettle Chips to satisfy your hunger whilst simultaneously lacerating the inside of your mouth. Mmm, claret and vinegar.

5 hours ago, Soylent Brown said:

Because of their size, I think of Kit Kat Chunkies as chocolate bars more than anything else. The peanut butter ones are great.

Peanut Butter Kit Kats are my current favourite chocolate bar, and have held that position for a fair while.

8 hours ago, Soylent Brown said:

Isn't the majority of palm oil used by larger companies like Nestle obtained from sustainable sources these days though?

Yesterday'S news, quite literally.

Somewhat older news. But no, Nestle can go fuck themselves.

Wait, I'm confused. Amanda Stavely told me that the takeover of Newcastle by the Saudi Public Investment fund (chairman: Mohammed bin Salman) was entirely separate to the conduct of the Saudi government (deputy Prime Minister, Minister of Defence and de facto dictator Mohammed bin Salman). And the government said it didn't get involved in the deal! So what possible effect could this wholly private takeover which the two governments remained entirely above have on diplomatic relations?

I’m struggling to see what effect details of those meetings could possibly have on diplomatic relations. Clearly nobody gives a fuck but they don’t want to be seen to be not giving a fuck? I think that ship sailed already.

Anyway, my fantasy football club name has been Abu Dhabi Inc for years now. Maybe Despot FC next season.

Archived