UK Politics - Wanted: 50,000 Lorry Drivers. Long hours, Crap Conditions, All The Schadenfreude You Can Eat

Spockydog

3 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

I challenge any of these Brexit-peddling cunts to show us anything, anything at all, that has gotten cheaper since Brexit.

facemasks and maybe hand sanitiser?   Yes they did get very expensive for a bit but are a lot cheaper now as many more places make them and they don't need to be imported from China.  Although I'm not sure how much they cost pre Brexit.

Of course, we all know that most of those who voted for Brexit will never admit they fucked up.

The Brexit-voting morons will never admit, to anyone, that they allowed themselves to be mugged off by low quality cretins like Nigel Farage and Jacob Rees Mogg, odious, traitorous wankers who have succeeded in crashing the British economy for the benefit of their hedge funds and disaster capitalist chums in the City.

Even today, the Brexit-voting morons continue to deny they were wrong. Even today, in the face of overwhelming, unequivocal evidence that they have caused a nation-wrecking catastrophe.

Even today, as the Brexit-voting morons keep insisting that Brexit is Brilliant, they do not realise that Nigel Farage and Aaron Banks, and all their chums hiding in the shadows, are laughing at them. Laughing at a bunch of plebs for being so fucking stupid and gullible and falling for their bullshit. Absolutely fucking pissing themselves at the Brexit-voting morons for enriching the leaders of Brexit, whilst their own plebeian wages and prospects fall off a cliff.

One day, the Brexit-voting morons might be able to look themselves in the mirror and admit that they were made to look like prize fucking idiots by aligning themselves with the likes of Boris Johnson and Nigel Farage and Kate fucking Hoey .

But I doubt it. Because they're morons.

4 hours ago, Heartofice said:

I wonder if there is any major news event that isn’t caused by Brexit?

Pretty suspicious that an ill-defined, non-binding vote marred by blatant lies, fear mongering, and other propaganda that has sunk a couple PMs and governments followed by an opaque, blustery, shambolic process that impacted every sector of economics, society, and government is suddenly 'causing' most major news stories. 

25 minutes ago, DaveSumm said:

Is it possible that these things are complicated enough that Brexit is neither 0% nor 100% responsible for any given issue?

I must have missed where 100% of the blame was assigned to Brexit.

You bring up a worthwhile point though -- best to focus energies on the specific percentage of blame and argue that it is less to blame as you apparently believe.

ETA - 

It is funny to hand-wave away problems due to 'complexity' when they were predicted and warned about for the last 5 years.

32 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

You obviously missed the last 10 pages

Nope and a quick perusal confirms. Also, to suggest that *nothing* could be 100% (or near enough) related to Brexit seems to be a dishonest basis from which to argue. 

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/oct/11/prince-charles-car-runs-on-cheese-wine-byproducts

Burnishing his green credentials before the Cop26 summit, it was with pride that Prince Charles revealed that he runs his Aston Martin on “surplus English white wine and whey from the cheese process”.

Forget his dubious sustainability choices, the most important part of this story is that he drives an Aston Martin, which I think puts him in the running to be James Bond.

One of the underappreciated aspects of being a spy is the amount of waiting you have to do before something happens (much like being an undercover cop), something Charles has a lot of experience with.

It is definitely true that the diary industry is a very big producer of ethanol. There is a lot of surplus sugar (lactose) produced since the fat and protein fractions of milk are far more valuable and useful than the sugar fraction. A very good use for the surplus is conversion to ethanol.

It is amusing to think about the idea of surplus English white wine.

14 hours ago, DaveSumm said:

Is it possible that these things are complicated enough that Brexit is neither 0% nor 100% responsible for any given issue?

Of course it is possible. Unfortunately for your argument, the probability of Brexit being 0% responsible for the terrible state of our nation is, well, zero.

And I know Michael Gove said everybody has had enough of experts, but all the experts are saying that Brexit is a major factor in our struggles today.

As well as ignoring our eyes and ears, we can ignore those experts if you want, though it doesn't make it any less true.

2 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

In news that will surprise literally nobody the government's covid response was 'one of the most important public health failures the country has ever experienced'. 

Their excuse for overseeing one of the worst death rates on the planet appears to be, 'We did everything we could but this was a new pandemic and nobody knew anything about it.'

Kind of ignores the fact that it was new for every nation on Earth and also ignores the fact that Boris Johnson initially tried to infect the entire country.

In an alternate universe, this is what happened in the UK.

56 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

Unfortunately for your argument, the probability of Brexit being 0% responsible for the terrible state of our nation is, well, zero.

But you see Brexit isn’t literally entirely responsible for everything bad that has happened in the UK ever. Therefore it’s not bad actually. Ain’t nobody got time for complexity.

20 hours ago, Spockydog said:

I challenge any of these Brexit-peddling cunts to show us anything, anything at all, that has gotten cheaper since Brexit.

You are not going to win any argument in regards to Brexit talking about economics with the common brexiter.

Because their primary reasons for supporting it have nothing to do with improving the material-well-being for anyone and many free,y admitted they’d suffer economically to have(which in opinion is extremely unpatriotic).

Immigration, globalism disgusts them.Did the levels of immigration pre-Brexit actually hurt anyone in some actual tangible measurable way? Who cares? It’s disgusting. It hurts their feelings. Even utilizing the controls within the EU for member states to control immigration wouldn’t be enough to communicate their disgust.

This is the best defense for Brexit I have seen anywhere.

The second tweet I mean.

It certainly speaks volumes when all the Brexiteers can come back with is a pathetic little emoji. But I think we're all used to that by now.

I'd like them to engage with the fact that they were all screaming Project Fear, right up until the moment their Glorious Leader brazenly pivoted to THIS FUCKING CARNAGE HAS ALWAYS BEEN PART OF THE PLAN.

Strangely, they don't have much to say about that.

Archived