UK Politics - Wanted: 50,000 Lorry Drivers. Long hours, Crap Conditions, All The Schadenfreude You Can Eat

Spockydog

Look, we know you really don't like engaging with topics that make you uncomfortable. So let me remind you of something.

You were one of the loudest Project Fear voices on this forum. You were as loud as a fucking foghorn.

Today, your silence on the topic is entirely expected. Because now we've all been proved right, you have nowhere left to go with your argument.

I mean, what the fuck are you going to say now that Johnson is claiming it was all part of his plan?

Frankly, he made you, and everyone else who whined about Project Fear, look like a bit of a tit, no?

33 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

It certainly speaks volumes when all the Brexiteers can come back with is a pathetic little emoji. But I think we're all used to that by now.

I'd like them to engage with the fact that they were all screaming Project Fear, right up until the moment their Glorious Leader brazenly pivoted to THIS FUCKING CARNAGE HAS ALWAYS BEEN PART OF THE PLAN.

Strangely, they don't have much to say about that.

If you’re explaining, you’re losing.
Trying to provide an consistent argument based around studies, reason and evidence can be harder to do when arguing for something that doesn’t rely on such.

So why bother?  Act like the opposition is wrong—no need to explain how—and have them scramble to prove you wrong as if they’re an entity whose vapidness needs be countered.

8 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

Look, we know you really don't like engaging with topics that make you uncomfortable. So let me remind you of something.

You were one of the loudest Project Fear voices on this forum. You were as loud as a fucking foghorn.

Now, your silence on the topic is entirely expected. Because now we've all been proved right, you have nowhere to go with your argument.

I mean, what the fuck are you going to say now that Johnson is claiming it was all part of his plan? Frankly, he made you, and everyone else who whined about Project Fear, look like a bit of a tit, no?

Again, dude facts, and logic will not penetrate the mind of the common Brexiteer.

Especially at this point.

15 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

Now, your silence on the topic is entirely expected. Because now we've all been proved right, you have nowhere to go with your argument.

I mean, what the fuck are you going to say now that Johnson is claiming it was all part of the plan?

Not really though. 

You’re talking about “carnage” and it’s very hard to take you seriously when you use that language. I know you spend all day reading Twitter posts by momentum and Femi which maybe explains why you believe the things you do , but there really isn’t any sort of ‘carnage’ going on. 

There are some some minor supply issues around the country, which are partly caused by a lack of HGV drivers, which is in part a result of brexit. Notice I said in part there because there were a lot of other factors, as to why there is a shortage , like a pandemic for one.

There was a tiny issue with fuel supply, which was almost entirely caused by panic buying morons and an irresponsible media who loves to whip up said morons and create such panics. Really had nothing to do with Brexit.

So it’s really hard to see what there is to engage with when you constantly rant about these things. Like what is it you actually want a response to?

1 hour ago, Heartofice said:

You’re talking about “carnage” and it’s very hard to take you seriously when you use that language. I know you spend all day reading Twitter posts by momentum and Femi which maybe explains why you believe the things you do , but there really isn’t any sort of ‘carnage’ going on. 

What about the thousands of pigs shot and incinerated instead of making their way to our dinner tables?

Looks like actual, literal carnage to me.

Or are you saying that, inside your head, this thing that happened didn't actually happen?

There you go again. It's like trying to hold a conversation with a fucking whoopee cushion. SMH.

I'm concerned for the pig farmers. And the fishermen. And all the other industries that are currently being wrecked because of Brexit.

But you don't appear to care about any of that. Because, like most Tory voters, you don't care about anyone but yourself. Empathy is an alien concept to you. You've made that abundantly clear over the past couple of years.

/engagement

1 minute ago, Spockydog said:

There you go again. SMH.

I'm concerned for the pig farmers. And the fishermen. And all the other industries that are currently being wrecked because of Brexit.

But you don't care about any of that. Because you don't care about anyone but yourself. Empathy is an alien concept to you. You've made that abundantly clear over the past couple of years.

/engagement

can we be nice to each other please.

or ignore those who you really don't agree with.  You should know by now that nothing HOI will say will change your opinion of him or his beliefs / views.  

Be better.

@Spockydog

Hmm you almost did what I was about to recommend which was to follow its advice. Yes, actually serious statements should actually get a serious response. 

But don’t treat a clown as a serious actor especially whilst they’re performing. 

5 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

There you go again. SMH.

But you don't care about any of that. Because you don't care about anyone but yourself. Empathy is an alien concept to you. You've made that abundantly clear over the past couple of years.

/engagement

Brexit good because Nationalistic fee fees. Immigration bad because nationalistic fee fees.
Checkmate lib.

That’s not engaging. I’m genuinely interested in what your issue is. 

Firstly how much of any of these issues are Brexit related and how much are to do with a once in a lifetime pandemic event, I don’t think you really have a clue or are even interested in figuring out 

How much of the pig cull was to do with rocketing gas prices creating a shortage of carbon dioxide used to stunning pigs. Not Brexit related so I guess you don’t care. 

You use the word wrecked and carnage with little awareness of what is actually happening. That is why it’s not worth engaging 

1 minute ago, Varysblackfyre321 said:

@Spockydog

Hmm you almost did what I was about to recommend which was to follow its advice. Yes, actually serious statements should actually get a serious response. 

But don’t treat a clown as a serious actor especially whilst they’re performing.

Brexit good because Nationalistic fee fees. Immigration bad because nationalistic fee fees.
Checkmate lib.

Do you have anything of relevance to say on the matter? You don’t actually appear to know anything about Britain or Brexit so  what point are you attempting to make?

9 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

Do you have anything of relevance to say on the matter? You don’t actually appear to know anything about Britain or Brexit so  what point are you attempting to make?

Hmm, yes I do recognize and appreciate your performance for what it is.

I will give you two laughing emojis as a tribute. You’re welcome.

1 hour ago, Heartofice said:

Homestly when someone says something worth responding to seriously then they might get a serious answer. Spending page after page with over the top ranting and screaming into the wind, doesn’t really deserve much more than a little smiley face. 

Seriously, please, tell me the good things Brexit has brought to the UK. I understand your complaint about blaming Brexit for everything, but as I recall the pro-Brexit campaigners told the voters that really good things would happen once the UK was out of the EU.

Tell me about the good things that have happened. Seriously.

7 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

Seriously, please, tell me the good things Brexit has brought to the UK. I understand your complaint about blaming Brexit for everything, but as I recall the pro-Brexit campaigners told the voters that really good things would happen once the UK was out of the EU.

I recite the best argument I’ve ever heard for Brexit: 

55 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

The simple answer is that the benefits of leaving the EU are long term, and anyone expecting overnight changes would be disappointed. 

Not being part of the EU, and therefore national law having primacy rather than the other way round ( have a look at the EUs unintentionally threatening post to Poland if anyone is under any doubts about who is in charge), not being part of an ever close union with a centralised , less democratic and opaque form of governance are all huge benefits.

We’ve already conducted a ton of trade deals globally and are in talks with a lot more, including a potential trans Pacific partnership.. it’s almost like it’s much easier to do trade deals when you aren’t part of some constantly bickering multinational groups who has to halt everything on the back on what some Flemish farmers think. 

Even then, in the short term we managed to get our Covid vaccination started while the EU was going round and round in circles because we were able to act unilaterally.. who then got so worked up and tried to deflect blame that they went after AZ and tried to pull out Article 16.

Anyway, the point is, of course there will be short term pain from leaving an institution that has grown roots into so much of the way it’s members are run, it would mad to think it would all go smoothly from day one, especially when actually our own government has so many incompetent people running it. But actually in terms of the project fear projections, almost non of them have come to pass.
Despite what some of the hyperbolic members of the board will tell you, we are not living in the end times, everything is basically the same. Even where there were issues such as with HGV drivers, Brexit is only one of a number of factors in the equation, but because it’s not convenient to see the big picture, that gets swept over.

Ah. So the politicians on the Brexit side just lied for votes, but perhaps that was okay, because we know politicians lie? I remember a staggering amount of money that was going to be immediately freed up to give to the NHS once Brexit happened. Surely at least that one happened?

11 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

Ah. So the politicians on the Brexit side just lied for votes, but perhaps that was okay, because we know politicians lie? I remember a staggering amount of money that was going to be immediately freed up to give to the NHS once Brexit happened. Surely at least that one happened?

Well the government has put in a hell of a lot more than that into healthcare recently so I’m not sure it matters. 

Either way it’s worth reading Dominic Cummings comments on the figure and seeing it it’s worth fighting over.

But anyway, I gave you some benefits, you can leave now. 

Archived