UK Politics - Wanted: 50,000 Lorry Drivers. Long hours, Crap Conditions, All The Schadenfreude You Can Eat

Spockydog

1 hour ago, BigFatCoward said:

Fuck. 

Boris will be fuming he has to cut his holiday short. 

He’s not on holiday. He’s in Bristol chairing a cabinet meeting. But if he was,  I bet that’s exactly what he would have been thinking when a colleague was murdered. 

36 minutes ago, Hereward said:

He’s not on holiday. He’s in Bristol chairing a cabinet meeting. But if he was,  I bet that’s exactly what he would have been thinking when a colleague was murdered. 

I honestly think he wouldnt give a fuck and that having to deal with a crisis would be a massive inconvenience. He has shown time and again he doesn't care about anyone but Boris.  

35 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

I honestly think he wouldnt give a fuck and that having to deal with a crisis would be a massive inconvenience. He has shown time and again he doesn't care about anyone but Boris.  

You’re probably right. That’s why my first reaction to the murder of Jo Cox was to express regret “whatever her politics”, then have swipe at Corbyn for being annoyed at having to break off his reading of The Protocols of the Elders of Zion. 

2 hours ago, Derfel Cadarn said:

2nd MP to be murdered in 5 years :(

It is sad news :(

It is a continuation of a disturbing trend of violence against MPs, there was also a similar stabbing of a Labour MP about 10 years ago (although fortunately not fatally in that case).

1 hour ago, Hereward said:

There are plenty of things to criticise Boris for but I don't think he's actually a sociopath, and this also seems a poor choice of topic for an attack on him.

29 minutes ago, williamjm said:

There are plenty of things to criticise Boris for but I don't think he's actually a sociopath

On the face of it, he is the textbook definition of a narcissistic sociopath. I imagine that is true of many politicians (and coppers).

Whether Johnson is or not, I have no idea. But if he is, it would certainly explain a lot. 

2 hours ago, Which Tyler said:

Shit.
RIP

Wow. Scroll down from that tweet and watch Boris say the best way to stop anxiety (and death threats mentioned by other MPs) is to “get Brexit done”. Then everything’s gonna be A-okay again, guys. 
No anxieties now, amiright?

I see this unfortunate gentleman was pro-Brexit. I will be interested to see if this was a random nutter or a stay supporter.

If it wasn't disrespectful, I'd wager £100 it wasn't a Remainer. Pretty much all the fanatics on this issue are on the Leave side. A high proportion of the Remainer vote were pretty eurosceptic themselves. Almost certainly a random nutter, I would think, probably something to do with a case he couldn't or didn't help with. As someone without a government or shadow government job in 40 years, the only things he was really known for, even amongst true politics tragics such as myself, were his devout Catholicism, anti-abortion stance, and involvement in animal rights advocacy.

12 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

I see this unfortunate gentleman was pro-Brexit. I will be interested to see if this was a random nutter or a stay supporter.

I will go out on a limb and say this murder was very unlikely to have been because of his pro Brexit views.

Edit: Ninja'ed by Hereward.

And fair enough, an extreme right right wing "crazy" killed the last MP to be murdered. But on the whole it tends to be right wingers rather than left wingers who are violent in the UK. (And elsewhere as well?)

Edit: violent to the point of murder that is.

Archived