UK Politics - Wanted: 50,000 Lorry Drivers. Long hours, Crap Conditions, All The Schadenfreude You Can Eat

Spockydog

1 hour ago, Fez said:

Okay. But is Johnson also using "Build Back Better" for anything he's trying to do in the UK? Because that's the name of Biden's US plan. But it seems weird that Johnson would have an opinion at all on a US bill that is almost entirely domestic focused, except for the climate change parts, and like this.

Didn't realise Biden uses it too. But I doubt that Johnson's script writers intended any connection to be made between them.

I also found this: https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/biden-boris-johnson-build-back-better-b1613419.html

4 hours ago, Fez said:

Okay. But is Johnson also using "Build Back Better" for anything he's trying to do in the UK? Because that's the name of Biden's US plan. But it seems weird that Johnson would have an opinion at all on a US bill that is almost entirely domestic focused, except for the climate change parts, and like this.

If anyone was being honest it would be Bilder Berg Better.

34 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

I need to fill up. Is the fuel crisis over yet? Has anyone seen any petrol stations without a hundred cars queueing to get in?

It's only selfish southerners panic buying apparently. Everyone I know up north is awash with petrol. 

10 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

It's only selfish southerners panic buying apparently. Everyone I know up north is awash with petrol. 

It's all part of Johnson's plan, apparently. This, along with all the other stuff they deemed as Project Fear.

13 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

There are three petrol stations on the manor. All closed. So now I have to get in the car and drive around randomly looking for petrol stations.

I was informed that the ones on the A13 in Dagenham (and Old A13)  all had fuel yesterday without queues of more than 5 mins.

I've not really been paying close attention as I don't need them.

1 hour ago, Spockydog said:

I am often amazed at how stupid people can be when trying to light a fire with petrol.

Or even just trying to kill a bug with petrol.

I've seen the latter happen in person. My buddy was lucky the gas can was almost empty, otherwise he may have set his drunk ass on fire.

4 hours ago, Spockydog said:

I just ordered an engine conversion kit from Amazon. Tomorrow, my vehicle will be running on a full tank of Sovereignty Unleaded.

I admire your optimism. Remember, those Amazon delivery trucks also need drivers and fuel. :D

6 minutes ago, Derfel Cadarn said:

That’ll teach you not to not ‘panic’ buy :/

I drove past an open station on Friday while I still had about half a tank. The queue wasn't too bad, and I could have filled up without too much waiting. 

Kicking myself. 

Just set an alarm for 3am. Plenty of big petrol stations on the A10 and A406 I can try. 

Archived