War of the five kings death toll

Daenerysthegreat

1 minute ago, Jaenara Belarys said:

Did she ever have any sanity?

I think there's a fine line between making bad choices as a child, even as an adult and having your 5 year old son nursing at your breast. Catelyn was definitely surprised at what she saw after a few years away from her sister.

1 minute ago, Aejohn the Conqueroo said:

No, I'm just full of it.

BURN HIM!!! Everyone, bring some wildfire, we have a burning to attend. :) 

Just now, Lord Lannister said:

I think there's a fine line between making bad choices as a child, even as an adult and having your 5 year old son nursing at your breast. Catelyn was definitely surprised at what she saw after a few years away from her sister.

I suppose so. 

2 minutes ago, Lord Lannister said:

I wonder about this.  Waaay back when my daughter was born we were inundated with information and facts from a group called 'La Leche League' or something like that and they were essentially advocates for breastfeeding children for as long as the child wanted to feed that way. I'm not saying that they're not nuts (or they are) and I'm not touching the notion of a 6 or 7 year old kid walking up to mom at the park and suckling a bit, but there's not anything inherently dangerous or damaging to the child about breastfeeding longer than the norm. It's not impossible that Westeros has a different norm than we do about this. I don't know a thing about historical breastfeeding and what normal would have been for a late medieval/ rennaissance noble family. 

Maybe what Cat saw was strange to her because it was Lysa herself not a wetnurse that was feeding Robyn.  I don't really recall the passage too well though.

I wish we had some concrete figures for demographics but, during the War of the Five Kings (pre-Aegon’s landing)

-The Riverlands were devastated. Militarily high casualties, I would reckon civilians too (particularly given the Lannister tacticd).

-The Crownlands see action too, but more civilians due to starvation and disease.

-Westerlands suffer military casualties and I am sure some civilians. The Starks are noble but this is medieval warfare.

-North is devastated in certain areas (Ironborn and possibly where Ramsay rampaged) but untouched civilian wise elsewhere (Barrowton, Last Hearth, White Harbor, the Rills…). Militarily massive casualties.

Stormlands and Ironborn - some military from their respective battles.

Reach - Bitterbridge brawl and some at Blackwater.

Dorne and Vale - Vardis Egen, Oberyn, and the mountain clans.

6 hours ago, nyser1 said:

I wish we had some concrete figures for demographics but, during the War of the Five Kings (pre-Aegon’s landing)

-The Riverlands were devastated. Militarily high casualties, I would reckon civilians too (particularly given the Lannister tacticd).

-The Crownlands see action too, but more civilians due to starvation and disease.

-Westerlands suffer military casualties and I am sure some civilians. The Starks are noble but this is medieval warfare.

-North is devastated in certain areas (Ironborn and possibly where Ramsay rampaged) but untouched civilian wise elsewhere (Barrowton, Last Hearth, White Harbor, the Rills…). Militarily massive casualties.

Stormlands and Ironborn - some military from their respective battles.

Reach - Bitterbridge brawl and some at Blackwater.

Dorne and Vale - Vardis Egen, Oberyn, and the mountain clans.

robar Royce for the vale. Iron born invasion for reach. 

On 04/10/2021 at 19:22, Aejohn the Conqueroo said:

Colocamos o total de mortos em cerca de 5% da população de Westeros, no máximo. As Terras Fluviais foram provavelmente as que mais sofreram, com perdas de até 3% da população total, o que já é muito. Stormlands deve ter sofrido uma perda de até 1% na Batalha de Blackwater, mas eu estimo que esse número seja ainda menor. Se todo público recebe perda de substâncias com mais de 10 ou 15% seriamente uma catástrofe, e isso é algo irreal na Europa Medieval, onde isso só será possível com anos e anos de luta + epidemia e massacres em massa. Não houve doenças, houve massacres em algumas regiões, mas não a ponto de dizimar tanta gente e a guerra foi reduzida.

- tenho aprimorado meu português 

Seu português está ótimo. 

Eu vi que a Guerra das Rosas matou em torno de cem mil pessoas, em uma população de mais ou menos 1,5 Milhão. 

Se Westeros ou as Terras Fluviais sofresse tamanha devastação, seria muito difícil repor tal população, e a parte sobrevivente iria morrer com crises de fome, já que não teria tantos camponeses para colher alimentos. 

A Guerra das Rosas e a Guerra dos Cem Anos duraram décadas, e mesmo assim não chegaram a dizimar 20% da população. 

Lembremos que Westeros ainda precisa ter pessoas suficientes para lutar contra os Outros, fora a nova guerra dos reis. 

Eu não faço idéia se estas minhas respostas estão sendo traduzidas kkkkkkkk

10 hours ago, Italo21 said:

Seu português está ótimo. 

Eu vi que a Guerra das Rosas matou em torno de cem mil pessoas, em uma população de mais ou menos 1,5 Milhão. 

Se Westeros ou as Terras Fluviais sofresse tamanha devastação, seria muito difícil repor tal população, e a parte sobrevivente iria morrer com crises de fome, já que não teria tantos camponeses para colher alimentos. 

A Guerra das Rosas e a Guerra dos Cem Anos duraram décadas, e mesmo assim não chegaram a dizimar 20% da população. 

Lembremos que Westeros ainda precisa ter pessoas suficientes para lutar contra os Outros, fora a nova guerra dos reis. 

Thank god google translate

Bem, eu não acho que a guerra das rosas foi a única inspiração para a guerra dos cinco reis. acredito que a rebelião an lushan também foi uma inspiração. muitas pessoas morreram nessa guerra.

15 hours ago, Italo21 said:

No, but death tolls and percentages of population being wiped out by war are kind of heavy topics and running everything through google translate lightens the mood a bit.

15 hours ago, Italo21 said:

The impression that I got from Feast is that the Riverlands are careening dangerously towards this very scenario.  Winter is going to be brutal in Westeros regardless of whether or not the Wall stays standing.

2 hours ago, Aejohn the Conqueroo said:

Não, mas o número de mortos e as porcentagens da população sendo dizimadas pela guerra são tópicos pesados e passar tudo pelo google tradutor alivia um pouco o clima.

A impressão que tive de Feast é que os Riverlands estão se inclinando perigosamente em direção a esse cenário. O inverno vai ser brutal em Westeros, independentemente de o Muro permanecer de pé ou não.

Unfortunately I still don't have the privilege to speak and write in English. One day I get there.

I hope the Riverlands manages to recover.

7 hours ago, Daenerysthegreat said:

Graças a Deus google tradutor

Bem, eu não acho que a guerra das rosas foi uma única inspiração para a guerra dos cinco reis. acredito que a rebelião an lushan também foi uma inspiração. muitas pessoas morreram nessa guerra.

I think there were several inspirations. The point I want to reach is, mortalities in medieval or modern wars would not be able to decimate as many people as some have estimated here, 20% would already be an unprecedented tragedy in the history of most countries.

Countries like Russia still feel the demographic effects of the Nazi slaughter to this day, and around 10% of the population died.

Enfim, acho que seja isso. 

Archived