will you watch the prequel show?

EggBlue

So.. the House of the Dragon's teaser was released and it was exciting in general especially that it's about such an interesting period in Targaryen rule. But considering how disappointing Game of Thrones turned out to be (and I don't only mean the last season, after reading the books  I realized the show wasn't even relevant after season 4) , I just wanted to ask will you watch it?

No, but not because of anything against this specifically. I just don't watch many shows anymore. At the moment I'm already watching three different series, all of them quite long - Better Call Saul, The Office (U.S), and Deep Space Nine. I don't have much motivation to start another series among all that. Plus, unless Martin writes the entire show himself - since that's the only way I know the quality will actually be good - I don't see much reason to force myself to watch yet another bastardisation of Martin's world, even if I'm sure it won't be quite as bad as later Game of Thrones.

9 hours ago, Teng Ai Hui said:

The trailer visually was very stunning, but it showed very little about the plot.  And, yes, I will watch the series. 

the plot is good ... at least if it's going to be faithful to the story. but if that's not the case, will u still watch? and why?

• 2 weeks later...

I will watch it, even though it doesn't have the Starks, Lannisters, Direwolves or White Walkers; four of my favourite things about GoT.

I found the idea of the prequel about the White Walkers more interesting, I wonder why they killed it. Maybe because the dumb Night King idea D+D came up with had made it untenable.

On 10/19/2021 at 5:37 PM, Darryk said:

I will watch it, even though it doesn't have the Starks, Lannisters, Direwolves or White Walkers; four of my favourite things about GoT.

I found the idea of the prequel about the White Walkers more interesting, I wonder why they killed it. Maybe because the dumb Night King idea D+D came up with had made it untenable.

It does have the Lannisters, though they are somewhat lower-key in the story than in the original series, and the Starks play a huge role in the second half of the story, but aren't around much at the start.

3 hours ago, Werthead said:

It does have the Lannisters, though they are somewhat lower-key in the story than in the original series, and the Starks play a huge role in the second half of the story, but aren't around much at the start.

Some Starks and Lannisters do show up, but I think in a faithful adaptation only Tyland Lannister would qualify as a kind of secondary main character. Cregan Stark would just be a featured guest star, basically.

Neither the Starks nor the Lannisters will be part of HoD as independent power players with their own political agendas. Both are basically just soldiers/generals serving the Green or Black cause.

And Cregan Stark never plays a huge role in the story. Even if they were to include the whole Hour of the Wolf epilogue to the Dance, it is just a failed coup and a bunch a trials, effectively leading nowhere.

Basically, the show is just about the Targaryens fighting and killing each other. The other nobility are just featured extras/pawns.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived