The Expanse #6: better to go down swinging than rolling over

AncalagonTheBlack

9 hours ago, Corvinus85 said:

I would have preferred recast, too, or 'retired' and then recast if they do come back to finish the last three books in some form.

That being said, there is a book death that served as inspiration for Alex's death in the show, which could not have been repeated in the show with that book character. So I think they may have somewhat planned this.

My worry is a huge characters death in the 8th book, wont have the same impact, without Alex in the story; assuming that ever gets adapted. His reaction in that part of the story had me in tears and it's rather sad, that same moment wont be possible on the tv show, in any way shape or form.

45 minutes ago, Babblebauble said:

Dawg, they're about to cram/cut 4 books into like 6 episodes. You weren't gonna see that scene done justice anyways.

Based on the trailers we've seen so far I don't think we're going to go much past the ending of book 6. The Strange Dogs novella will also be covered. Ty mentioned in an interview awhile ago that the show's ending is the ending of the story they began to tell in season 1, with the issues affecting Belters, Martians, and Earthers. The protomolecule part, eh we'll see.

I haven't read Strange Dogs and likely won't before S6 or Leviathan Falls. Is there anything revealing in it? 

Spoiler

I understand the protagonist is the protomolecule kid on Laconia but is there anything revealing about them, their mannerisms or differences between them and regular humans? I can barely recall what Elvi was doing with the kids at the end of Tiamat's Wrath.

Also the trailer has me super pumped for Friday. I forgot that the show is dropping one episode a week instead of all at once. Streaming has spoiled me.

1 hour ago, WarGalley said:

I haven't read Strange Dogs and likely won't before S6 or Leviathan Falls. Is there anything revealing in it? 

Hide contents

I understand the protagonist is the protomolecule kid on Laconia but is there anything revealing about them, their mannerisms or differences between them and regular humans? I can barely recall what Elvi was doing with the kids at the end of Tiamat's Wrath.

Also the trailer has me super pumped for Friday. I forgot that the show is dropping one episode a week instead of all at once. Streaming has spoiled me.

Strange dogs talks about how the kids were made. It's creepy and interesting but not particularly spoilery

2 hours ago, WarGalley said:

Reveal hidden contents

I'm not entirely sure how many episodes drop this week. Amazon's MO is to drop 3 episodes, then one a week, but this only a 6-episode season.

It's also running alongside Wheel of Time for the next 3 weeks which I imagine makes them want to space it out further. I guess the last season of a show also has less need to hook viewers than earlier in it's run. 

Hardly definitive but a Google search for "Expanse season 6" shows this Friday for ep 1 and the 17th for ep 2.

59 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

The Expanse Creators Explain Why Season 6 Is Only 6 Episodes Long

Hmmm. None of this is very satisfactory. Sounds like Amazon done 'em dirty. 

At least this fully confirms they're not cramming the last 4 books in this season. The last 3 books are left untold.

I was hoping we got to see Prax and Anna again, even if they are just cameos.

17 minutes ago, Kalsandra said:

Also first episode and

Hide contents

Dawes got fucking killed off screen? Fuuuuck mang

I know, right! I guess they couldn't bring the actor back.

Also, to all those who complained about not showing the Earth's devastation. How about now?

14 minutes ago, Corvinus85 said:

I know, right! I guess they couldn't bring the actor back.

Also, to all those who complained about not showing the Earth's devastation. How about now?

I think that's all we were asking for - something like that.

But they did a good job. And now the stakes are real, real high.