My Winds of Winter Predictions

Y'all sleeping on LF fr man.

Beyond the Wall

Jon will become a wight of ice and fire which means he has access to the Others' hive network where they control all of their wights but is not an ice wight himself. Instead, Jon becomes the ultimate Stark, cold, cunning and calculating. He hangs all of the conspirators, recalls either Thorne or Mallister, gives them Lord Commander, and sets off with Mel to the far North(Hardhome) to either the Others and learn more about them in order to destroy them. {He may or may not encounter Bloodraven who gives him Dark Sister and tells him about his true parentage(R+L=J). Jon also has the ability to turn the Ice Wights into Fire Wights because of a spell by Mel on either Dark Sister or Longclaw(Double wielding valyrian swords :fangasm:). }But this will be an entirely different Jon. Most of Jon's actual consciousness will be transferred into Ghost who will then lead the wildling host to Winterfell. Meanwhile, Bran and Bloodraven will warg into different moments in history as Bloodraven tries to explain to Bran how he has influenced the world in preparation for the Others’ arrival and tells him the story of several failed apprentices, Euron Greyjoy, Quaithe, Daeron the Drunken and Aerys II. Meanwhile, Jon’s expedition to Hardhome succeeds but they retreat toward the Wall when the AotD shows up. The Others commandeer the ships left behind by Cotter Pyke and launch them towards the Wall. 

The North

Stannis will trick the Frey host into the ice and cut off their support lines. Manderly heavy horse kills all of Frey rear and all of Frey van and flanks perish in the cold water. Richard Horpe rounds up some surrendering Freys and masquerades as a Frey knight. Horpe and Manderly lead the remaining "Bolton Loyalist Army'' back into Winterfell with a captive Mors Umber and some other captives from the mountain clans. They will perhaps bring back the heads of some Stannis knights that died and Lightbringer. Roose is satisfied, doesn't care about the Freys but puts a lot of Bolton men by the gates. They have a feast at night to celebrate and a drunken Roose proclaims himself King of The North and Ramsay who is enraged about his bride and Reek sends the Pink Letter frothing at the mouth. Mance is captured but the spearwives escape.  Manderly men absolutely massacre Bolton men at the gates and free Mance. Stannis marches in with 6000 men. Wildlings arrive, are super confused, and may end up killing some knights(Clayton Suggs, Corliss Penny).  Stannis thinks it's a Bolton attack but Tormund and the wildlings shout for Jon and he sees Ghost leading the attack. Stannis has around 20k men at Winterfell (4k wildlings, 5k from his og army, 3k manderlys, 2k umber & dustin forces,  2k ryswell,cerwyn, and hornwood men, 4k mix of Bolton and Frey men.) He sends half of his host mostly wildlings and Boltons and Freys to the Wall and continues with 10,000 men to Moat Cailin and the Twins. Stannis sends Asha with Theon to rally the Iron Islands in support of Stannis. In Skagos, Davos’s ship is sent into a storm and he is thrown overboard and presumed dead by the crew. He is forced to swim to Skagos which is relatively closeby. He then encounters Osha and Rickon who are being worshipped as the Wolf-God by Skaagosi wildlings. They nearly execute Davos suspecting him to be a Faceless Man but he explains the current predicament to Osha.  Osha declines going back to Winterfell citing the Boltons as the primary reason. Davos assures her Rickon and Osha will be at White Harbor safe from the Boltons. They set off for White Harbor but encounter winds that blow them off course and they end up near the Fingers again. They then encounter fJon Snow, the fisherman's daughter’s bastard, who looks exactly like a young Eddard Stark. He transports Rickon, Davos and Osha to White Harbor and then Winterfell which will lead to firm support from the Northern lords. 

The Vale

After the tourney, in which a lot of prominent knights will be named to the Brotherhood of Winged Knights, Sansa and Harry are married and Sansa is revealed as Sansa Stark by LF. Harry, LF and the Lords Declarant along with the other plot to restore Winterfell back into Sansa’s hands. When news of Roose Bolton’s ascension as King of North reaches Harry and LF, they take this as an opportunity to attack the North and depose them. They take a host of 10,000 mainly from Runestone and Gulltown and stream down the Bloody Gate and take the Twins. The Twins, who are expecting Stannis Baratheon instead, are super confused when the Valemen attack them and fall easily. Another 2000 Freys are sent to the wall and many of the Freys are ordered to Death by Sansa. The only ones who are kept alive are the ones who did not participate in the Red Wedding, Perwyn, Alexander and Olyvar are kept alive. Once the Twins have fallen, the Valemen go up to Moat Cailin to find the Baratheon stag and red heart flying over them and are greeted by a host of 15,000 led by Stannis, Galbart Glover and Maege Mormont who have taken Moat Cailin. LF, to ensure his survival, pledges the Vale to Stannis’s cause but Stannis has LF arrested for conspiring with Lannisters. He names Yohn Royce Warden of the East and Lord Protector of the Vale.

The Riverlands

Jaime is hanged by Lady Stoneheart but repents his crimes. It is too late, but Thoros revives Jaime and he becomes a Beric type fire wight. He doesn’t remember Brienne’s name, gets his golden hand animated and thinks that Lady Stoneheart is his commander. Lady Stoneheart and tBwB will do the Red Wedding 2.0, killing the remaining Freys at Riverrun. Daven will be taken prisoner and sent as an envoy to Cersei to surrender her throne. Lady Stoneheart will melt away and her life force will be transferred back to Beric who awakens. Beric and the BwB find Harwin and the remnants of the other BwB faction and break the Lannisters’ hold on the riverlands by taking Harrenhal which has been abandoned by Ser Bonifer Hasty. Jaime has several identity crises which make him mentally unstable but Jaime and Brienne free Edmure and Jeyne with help from the Blackfish from Forley Prester who Jaime orders to stand down. Beric and Edmure bend the knee to Stannis, acknowledging him as the true heir to Robert’s throne. Now, Stannis controls all of the Vale, Riverlands, and North. 

The Iron Islands

Asha returns to the Iron Islands with a frail Theon and declares him Lord of the Iron Islands. Most of the ironborn left on the islands support Theon. Theon, however, turns his crown over to Asha. Asha plots to attack Euron’s fleet and kill Euron but is dissuaded by Theon. They instead attack Lannisport with a fleet of 100 ships and take the city. They do not have sufficient men to besiege Casterly Rock though. 

The Crownlands and King’s Landing

In King’s Landing, Cersei loses her trial due to strong evidence. She declares a trial by combat to prove her innocence and names Ser Robert Strong her champion. The Faith’s champion is revealed to be a still alive Loras Tyrell. Cersei is infuriated by the revelation. Loras loses an arm but seemingly kills Robert Strong. The next day, she summons the gold cloaks and the remaining Lannister troops in the capital and strikes an alliance with Randyll Tarly and Margaery Tyrell to destroy the sparrows. The Lannister-Tyrell army which is about 25k men try to storm the Sept of Baelor but are repelled by the Poor Fellows and the Warrior’s Sons who rally a lot of the smallfolk in King’s Landing. Qyburn seemingly revives Robert Strong and he and Loras Tyrell manage to rally the survivors and massacre the sparrows and smallfolk in the Great Sept. This turns the smallfolk in KL against Cersei and the Tyrells. 

The Stormlands,

Aegon is revealed to have tricked the garrison of Storm’s End into believing that they have been hired by Stannis. Gilbert Farring is taken prisoner and the Golden Company along with 2k stormlanders attack Lord Mathis Rowan’s forces. Mathis Rowan is taken prisoner by Aegon. JonCon sends Daemon Sand to bring Lord Yronwood’s host down from the Boneway and threatens Arianne if he doesn’t. Mace Tyrell advances on Storm’s End with a host of 40k men. He has Ronnet Connington and Eldon Estermont lead a flank of stormlanders but they turn their banners and go over to Aegon. The Golden Company’s bowmen annihilate Mace Tyrell’s heavy horse and the Golden Company’s knights massacre the foot. Mace Tyrell is most likely killed or captured. Aegon then accepts Mace Tyrell’s bannermen as his own and then marches on toward King’s Landing with an army of 65k(20k Dornishmen, 20k Reachmen, 10k Golden Company, 15k stormlands.) He takes the city with relative ease due to the people of King’s Landing rioting when they hear Aegon marching on the city. They ring the bells to surrender which drives JonCon insane. He commands a sack of the city which kills Tommen, Myrcella, Nymeria, Tyene and Randyll Tarly. Daemon kills Jon Connington and is arrested by Aegon’s forces .Cersei is able to flee to the Westerlands with the help of remaining Lannister and Tyrell men. Aegon takes Margaery and Arianne for his queens, binding the Tyrells and Martells  to his cause.

The Reach

Meanwhile, Euron massacres the Redwyne fleet in a blood sacrifice ritual (involving krakens)which kills Aeron. The remaining Redwyne fleet is then captured by the missing half of the Iron Fleet. Euron then sails into Oldtown on the blood of all the Redwyne sailors. Sam, FPate and Alleras will try to escape but will be trapped in the city. fPate will concoct a plan to steal Blood and Fire to deprive it from Euron who is revealed to be looking for the book. As Sam, Alleras and fPate try to steal it, Euron has them brought before him. He reveals fPate as a Faceless Man and kills him. He orders Sam and Alleras to be made prisoners. Just then, Garlan Tyrell and Baelor Hightower launch a surprise attack on the Iron Fleet. They succeed in destroying most of the ships but Euron manages to retreat back to the Hightower. He reveals to Sam that he is not there for Blood & Fire but rather Sam’s horn which is revealed to be the Horn of Winter. He kills Sarella and takes the horn from Sam. 

Dorne

In Dorne, Areo, Obara and Balon Swann attack High Hermitage with 700 men only to find that Dorkstar has escaped. They make out that he is riding toward Starfall. They journey to Starfall to find that Darkstar has stolen Dawn from the castellan of Starfall. They marshal the Starfall heavy horse and ride towards Oldtown where Darkstar has fled to seek the means of a ship. They get embroiled in the conflict with the Ironborn and end up aiding Hightower and Tyrell forces in destroying Ironborn ships in the Whispering Sound. Meanwhile, Hotah pursues Dorkstar in Oldtown. They duel and Darkstar ends up killing/wounding Hotah gravely. Ned Dayne, who has been slowly making his way to Starfall all this time, arrives and kills Dorkstar and retrieves Dawn. Obara and Balon end up making their way to the Hightower where along with Garlan, Baelor and Leyton confront Euron. During the ensuing battle, Euron manages to kill Leyton and Baelor and gravely wounds Obara before he is stabbed in the eye by Sam. While retreating, Euron sounds the Horn of Winter, bringing the Wall crashing down. When the Wall falls, the Others take the 6 ships at Hardhome to each of the respective regions bringing the apocalypse to Westeros.

Meereen and Essos

Barristan Selmy leads the Unsullied and freedmen to victory against the Yunkish vanguard. The surviving forces are annihilated by the defecting Windblown and Second Sons. Barristan slays Bloodbeard in single combat and most of the Yunkish Wise Masters are killed by revolting slaves. Tyrion is the forefront of the sellswords’ negotiators along with Gerris Drinkwater and Archibald Yronwood who he has hired. Victarion has his thralls blow his horn which causes either Viserion or Rhaegal, (most likely Rhaegal) to be possessed and kills Victarion devastates a lot of the Iron Fleet and flies to its master, Euron in Westeros. Moqorro resurrects Victarion as a fire wight and makes Victarion’s only purpose to kill Euron and makes his master Daenerys Targaryen. The Volantese fleet along with the New Ghiscari legion arrives which causes the armies outside of Meereen to panic, but the Volantene fleet battles the New Ghiscari legions and defeats them. It is revealed that the slaves on the ships have revolted and they turn the fleet over to UnVic. Barristan, Tyrion and UnVic enter an uneasy alliance and they send Daario Naaharis and Jorah to find Daenerys. Barristan enters the city to find that most of the Great Pyramid is under utter chaos with Harpies fighting Brazen Beasts. It is revealed that the Shavepate executed the hostages and hacked Hizdahr into several pieces which caused the Sons of the Harpy to revolt. Galazza Galare is revealed to be the Harpy who is then promptly killed by Grey Worm. Barristan hunts down the Shavepate and confronts him but the Shavepate stabs him and Grey Worm takes the Shavepate into custody. With Barristan unconscious, Tyrion, Grey Worm and UnVic take control of the city, restoring order and executing the dissidents still remaining in the city. The remaining sons of Harpy are slaughtered by the Stormcrows outside the gates of Meereen. Meanwhile, Daario and Jorah find Rakharo and Aggo and they track Drogon back to the Dosh Khaleen where Daenerys Targaryen is being imprisoned by Khal Jhaqo. Drogon is curious about the Dothraki and is not aggressive toward them. Dany is put on trial for the murder of Khal Drogo in which she challenges Jhaqo to a trial by combat. Jhaqo agrees easily but as soon as he draws Daenerys’s blood, Drogon becomes enraged and kills him. Jhaqo’s bloodriders try to kill Drogon but he and Dany kill all of them. The remaining Dothraki bend the knee to Dany. She sends Jorah and her bloodriders to inform Barristan and Tyrion to march on Volantis and that she will meet them there. Rhaegal, meanwhile flies over KL and is seen by Aegon VI. He sends scouts after the dragon but Rhaegal flies to the Shields where a now blind Euron is making his next move. Euron senses the dragon through his green dreams and is immensely pleased. However, Bloodraven also senses the dragon and wargs into Rhaegal, killing Euron with dragonfire and devastating much of the ironborn armada at the Shields. Dany’s khalasar comes across Khal Pono’s khalasar and she makes it a Field of Fire type scenario. The remaining khalasar is then integrated into Dany’s own khalasar which numbers 50-70k. Tyrion commands most of the Unsullied and freedmen army down the demon road while UnVic and Moqorro command the newly christened Targaryen fleet around the ruins of Valyria to besiege Volantis. They leave the Shavepate in control of Slaver’s Bay leaving about 10,000 Meereenese soldiers with Shave Sensing the threat to themselves, Lys, Myr and Tyrosh reform an alliance and send an army of 40k to aid the Volantene army of 50k. Drogon and Viserion make another Field of Fire and kill about 10k. The rest are integrated into Daenerys’s army and she loots the coffers of Volantis and demands tribute and the freedom of all enslaved people from Lys, Myr, Tyrosh, Pentos, Norvos, Qohor and Braavos. Lys, Myr and Tyrosh are quick to respond and free slaves but Pentos, Qohor and Norvos are slow to respond. Instead of marching to Norvos Pentos and Qohor, Daenerys leads Drogon and Viserion to Qohor and Norvos who quickly submit. The Tattered Prince and the Windblown attack Pentos with Lyseni and Myrish forces and Tatts establishes himself as the Prince of Pentos. Tyrion, Barristan and UnVic begin the scouring of the Stepstones and finally land the better part of the Targaryen host(About 150k men) on the arm of Dorne near Sunspear.

Prologue and Epilogue 

I don’t have a compelling POV for Prologue but Epilogue I definitely believe will be Manfrey Martell who will see the massive Targaryen host and the chapter will end with Daenerys flying on Drogon over to Sunspear.

I know all this may be a little too hopeful for Winter but I did kill a lot of POV Characters so idk.

5 hours ago, Brynden"Bloodraven" Rivers said:

@Mithras what parts of my theory do you find implausible? Just curious

Speaking for myself, pretty much everything.  I agree that the Others will attack sooner rather than later, and I think that Stannis will take Winterfell with a false flag operation using the Karstarks.  One problem I have with the predictions, though is that they are way too detailed.  Given GRRMs unpredictability, that means they almost certainly won't come true, at least as written.

Main problems:

I don't see Jon as becoming a wight.  I'm not convinced he is dead, and is in any case too important a character to go that wy.  Also, his parentage still has to play out and pay off.  This is the Song of Ice and Fire, so I think his being both Stark and Targaryen will play a part inthe future story.  I also doubt he will be at Hardhome.   If we see it, it will be through Davos, who I doubt is going to make it back South anytime soon.

Sansa's story I also doubt.  I don't really see her marrying Harry the heir, though I admit it is a possibility.  I certainly don't buy her killing the Freys in large numbers.  You seem to have mistaken her for her little sister.  Sansa is not the vengeful type; hell, she was upset about the murder of Joffrey, and he had tormented her for months!  Executing leadership, maybe.  Everyone, not so much.  Not to mention, I see no indication of interest in the Riverlands in her chapters.  She is a Northerner, and her story is full of Northern and Stark imagery.  She's headed North, not south, and not to the Riverlands, which have barely received a mention in her story.

Speaking of her little sister, what happened to Arya?  She doesn't even get mentioned.

While I think Euron may attack Oldtown, I doubt that he and Sam would meet, and even if Sam's horn is the horn of winter, I don't see how Euron would know he has it.

1 hour ago, Nevets said:

Speaking for myself, pretty much everything.  I agree that the Others will attack sooner rather than later, and I think that Stannis will take Winterfell with a false flag operation using the Karstarks.  One problem I have with the predictions, though is that they are way too detailed.  Given GRRMs unpredictability, that means they almost certainly won't come true, at least as written.

Main problems:

I don't see Jon as becoming a wight.  I'm not convinced he is dead, and is in any case too important a character to go that wy.  Also, his parentage still has to play out and pay off.  This is the Song of Ice and Fire, so I think his being both Stark and Targaryen will play a part inthe future story.  I also doubt he will be at Hardhome.   If we see it, it will be through Davos, who I doubt is going to make it back South anytime soon.

Sansa's story I also doubt.  I don't really see her marrying Harry the heir, though I admit it is a possibility.  I certainly don't buy her killing the Freys in large numbers.  You seem to have mistaken her for her little sister.  Sansa is not the vengeful type; hell, she was upset about the murder of Joffrey, and he had tormented her for months!  Executing leadership, maybe.  Everyone, not so much.  Not to mention, I see no indication of interest in the Riverlands in her chapters.  She is a Northerner, and her story is full of Northern and Stark imagery.  She's headed North, not south, and not to the Riverlands, which have barely received a mention in her story.

Speaking of her little sister, what happened to Arya?  She doesn't even get mentioned.

While I think Euron may attack Oldtown, I doubt that he and Sam would meet, and even if Sam's horn is the horn of winter, I don't see how Euron would know he has it.

Ok good points. I forgot to mention Arya. Also, I think the forum has established that Euron is a potent greenseer or at least has visions relevant to present day. He can easily see Sam traveling to Oldtown carrying the Horn of Joramun with him. 

I would bet on the Vale remaining out of the wars for a while longer. The high road will likely remain closed, LF closed Gulltown and the warmongers among the Lord Declarants will be busy getting rich by selling food.

9 minutes ago, Brynden"Bloodraven" Rivers said:

Ok good points. I forgot to mention Arya. Also, I think the forum has established that Euron is a potent greenseer or at least has visions relevant to present day. He can easily see Sam traveling to Oldtown carrying the Horn of Joramun with him. 

I'm not aware of any such suggestions about Euron, and I'm a pretty regular visitor.  And if his visions are anything like Jojen's, "easily see" isn't the phrase I would use.

In any event, this theory makes an awful lot of assumptions. 

17 minutes ago, Brynden"Bloodraven" Rivers said:

2015??!  That's an awfully long time ago.  While I was on the forum back then, I doubt that thread would have piqued my interest, or that I would remember that far back if it did.  But whatever; I've still got doubts about the whole idea anyway. 

15 minutes ago, Nevets said:

2015??!  That's an awfully long time ago.  While I was on the forum back then, I doubt that thread would have piqued my interest, or that I would remember that far back if it did.  But whatever; I've still got doubts about the whole idea anyway. 

That wasn’t an attack, I was just trying to recall which thread people established the theory on. I joined recently but have read up on the forum quite a bit. Also, Euron being a greenseer, a very weak one, is pretty firmly established throughout AFFC and ADWD. The Forsaken just confirms a lot of our theories on Euron. 

21 minutes ago, Brynden"Bloodraven" Rivers said:

That wasn’t an attack, I was just trying to recall which thread people established the theory on. I joined recently but have read up on the forum quite a bit. Also, Euron being a greenseer, a very weak one, is pretty firmly established throughout AFFC and ADWD. The Forsaken just confirms a lot of our theories on Euron. 

I will have to admit that The Foresaken is not one of the preview chapters I am familiar with, nor really wish to be (it appears pretty unpleasant). 

If he is a very weak greenseer, then as I pointed out his visions are probably not easily interpreted in any event.  At least not if Jojen is any indication.  Jojen was presented as being a pretty capable greenseer, if I recall correctly, and he had trouble interpreting his visions. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/10/2021 at 5:22 PM, Brynden"Bloodraven" Rivers said:

Jon ... is not an ice wight ----. 

Stannis will trick the Frey host into the ice ... 

... the tourney, in which a lot of prominent knights ... 

... Jaime ... becomes a Beric type fire wight ... his golden hand animated ... 

The parts I agree with, above.

I'll mention one point of disagreement:  Swan, Obara & Hotah are not going to attack Dorkstar.  Dorkstar, Obara & Hotah will massacre Swan.

Archived