Where are gilly and aemon right now?

Daenerysthegreat

5 minutes ago, Daeron the Daring said:

I believe Jon not being a POV will be really interesting. The world will turn over his head in TWOW, and we will always be interested in what may he reveal about how he feels about certain things trough other POVs.

If he is brought back that is

Anyways let's get back to the topic shall we

22 hours ago, Daeron the Daring said:

Not that we have any POVs through who it could be shown. So don't worry.

Sam's POV would be the one used to show it.  What my post meant was that I didn't want GRRM to spend one or more Sam chapters describing the journey to Horn Hill, their arrival and related family drama.

On 10/11/2021 at 12:21 PM, Nathan Stark said:

There is very good reason to think this plan won't happen simply because George spelled it out for us in the text. When he shows us a character's plans for the future, the plan almost always goes awry somehow. 

Nothing says goodbye forever like "I'll tell you more when I get back"

7 hours ago, Daeron the Daring said:

I believe Jon not being a POV will be really interesting. The world will turn over his head in TWOW, and we will always be interested in what may he reveal about how he feels about certain things trough other POVs.

I think this would be a really bold way forward for Martin. Assuming he's returned, 'How much of Jon is in there?' is going to be a constantly burning question and he could play it out a lot longer if he keeps us all outside of Jon's head. I think there's just too much opportunity for dramatic tension there for him to waste.  We would lose our POV at the Wall too (Mel's gotta be a one and done, right? ) so all of the fallout from his death would drift to us as annoyingly incomplete news like Davos' visit to Whiteharbor in Feast. I think there would be some outcry, but it could make for some good storytelling.

2 hours ago, Falcon2909 said:

aemon is still in the barrel of rum aboard the cinnamon wind.... headed to Mereen. a nice surprise for dany! Wonder if quhuru or marwyn will tell her about it and what her reaction will be!

We don't know really. Obviously, Marwyn couldn't have sailed straight away after leaving. Quhuru has business in Oldtown that may need few days and Gilly and the babe is onboard. 

Now, whether Aemon's corpse will play a role, it's something to see.

7 hours ago, rotting sea cow said:

We don't know really. Obviously, Marwyn couldn't have sailed straight away after leaving. Quhuru has business in Oldtown that may need few days and Gilly and the babe is onboard. 

Now, whether Aemon's corpse will play a role, it's something to see.

any rough ideas on what role it might play?

11 hours ago, Falcon2909 said:

any rough ideas on what role it might play?

I don't think it will play any other role than revealing to Daenerys that he had a distant Targaryen relative. What I'm more interested in is when someone that knew Aemon (I suppose Jon or Sam) will talk about him to ter os something. 

Honestly, the most cruel thing George had done in his books is killing Aemon before he could've met Daenerys. To me, at least. I felt so bad to the old man. 

Archived