Enhanced ebooks and fantasy fiction

Aniwagi

Hi everyone! I'm gathering opinions on the potential of enhanced ebooks in fantasy fiction, and this seems a great place for more opinions. The survey is anonymous and your answers will only be used as part of academic research. It should hopefully take ten interesting minutes to complete. Please feel free to participate through https://www.surveylegend.com/s/3l21 A big thank you to everyone who gets involved!

Submitted as well. I mentioned a book from my youth in one of your comment boxes -  Dinotopia by James Gurney. It was a pleasant kid's novel on its own, but it absolutely shined because of the myriad of extra illustrations and annotated comments, simulating the journal of the narrator/main character. I think something precisely like Dinotopia, but with interactive maps, drawings, and annotations could be really compelling on a tablet.

I don't think it lends itself much to traditional fantasy fiction, although perhaps something like Malazan: Book of the Fallen could use a convenient footnote / linking system to help remind readers about characters not mentioned for several thousand pages. I'm sure that Erikson would completely balk at something peeling off some layers of his dense world-building, though.

Archived