NHL 2021-2022

Lord Patrek

Cheveldayoff's meeting with Bettman moved to Friday:

https://www.tsn.ca/kevin-cheveldayoff-chicago-blackhawks-winnipeg-jets-gary-bettman-1.1713014

It appears that Jets' ownership wanted it moved from next Monday to Friday so as to not drag this through the weekend. This is just a formality. The man is done.

Edited by Lord Patrek

18 minutes ago, KingintheNorth4 said:

More heads are rolling, as they should.

6 minutes ago, Lord Patrek said:

The NHLPA didn't help Beach when he reached out to them, so it will be interesting to see if Fehr or someone else might have to step down. . .

I'd assume this is similar to what the NFL is facing. These are not isolated instances, hence why the NFL is going to fight to the death to not have the emails be seen. 

6 minutes ago, Lord Patrek said:

The Eichel sweepstake is over: https://www.tsn.ca/buffalo-sabres-jack-eichel-vegas-golden-knights-1.1716133

Can't quite believe it took so long and Buffalo got so little!

Long term injury, and dispute between him and Sabres how to treat it. Remains to be seen, whether and hwo much he will play before the start of the play-offs.

18 minutes ago, Lord Patrek said:

True. But even if Eichel returns at 50% of what he used to be, it's still a steal for Vegas.

If it's true about the package Calgary offered yesterday, I'm not sure why Buffalo decided on the Vegas offer.

I didn’t really believe Calgary would have included Tkachuk. 

Vegas is reportedly ok with Eichel getting the experimental surgery he wants, so I guess we won’t be seeing him at the Olympics. The recovery time sounds like about 4 months. 

49 minutes ago, Lord Patrek said:

True. But even if Eichel returns at 50% of what he used to be, it's still a steal for Vegas.

If it's true about the package Calgary offered yesterday, I'm not sure why Buffalo decided on the Vegas offer.

Yeah, but is 50% Eichel worth 100% of a 10m p.a. contract/cap hit?

3 hours ago, Lord Patrek said:

It hurts my soul when I realize that the chess thread attracts more people than the NHL one. :dunce:

I know I'm Canadian, but still. . .

How do you think those of us in the midwest feel? Almost no one cares about hockey where I live.

Personally, all my excitement and enthusiasm for this season was deflated when Jack Hughes got injured (I’m a Devils fan). Their scoring is absolutely anemic without him. His transition game and zone entries really drive so much of their offense.

And if that wasn’t bad enough, Dougie Hamilton also went down. I know they’re 5-3-2, but it’s still been a disappointing start. Right now watching young Dawson Mercer is about the only highlight.