NHL 2021-2022

Lord Patrek

I think it will better for him to get back on track by burning the AHL. Then again, he hasn't done anything since the move down to Laval. But playing for the Rocket will help him get his confidence back.

The Habs are a shit show right now, so they're no place for a young player who needs to continue to develop.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

With the new variant putting 5 teams on shut down until the end of the Holidays and quite a few games being postponed, it looks like the pandemic is not done with foiling the NHL season. :(

Also, it looks less and less likely that NHL players will be part of the winter olympics. Other than some Russians, I doubt that many of them will want to go. Unless things change in a major way in the coming weeks, which doesn't seem likely. . .

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I watched my first hockey game of the year the other night.  It was the Rangers/Penguins game.  Of course the Rangers lose in triple overtime.  I am torn on whether or not I should watch tonight because clearly I am bad luck.

Would imagine the Pens come out slow tonight after Tuesday. Old legs and 3 OT's isn't a good combo. If only we had NBA rest in between games. Rackell unlikely to return tonight and Zucker appears possible. Need all the seconday scoring we can get. The goalie thing has to also catch up to us. 

Barry Trotz fired by the Islanders.  They missed the playoffs this year, but made the conference finals the previous two years before that.  Seems like a pretty strange move.  But I wonder if there's something about Trotz that just rubs people the wrong way, because he was allowed to walk from the Caps after they won the Cup.  So twice in five years Trotz is out of a job in spite of having won the cup and made the conference finals two other times in that span. 

3 hours ago, Maithanet said:

Barry Trotz fired by the Islanders.  They missed the playoffs this year, but made the conference finals the previous two years before that.  Seems like a pretty strange move.  But I wonder if there's something about Trotz that just rubs people the wrong way, because he was allowed to walk from the Caps after they won the Cup.  So twice in five years Trotz is out of a job in spite of having won the cup and made the conference finals two other times in that span. 

I see Lou Lamoriello is back to his old ways. He used to fire coaches on a whim in NJ. He fired Claude Julien one year heading into the playoffs while the Devils were in 1st place. 

39 minutes ago, Nictarion said:

I see Lou Lamoriello is back to his old ways. He used to fire coaches on a whim in NJ. He fired Claude Julien one year heading into the playoffs while the Devils were in 1st place. 

Yeah, I don't quite get it.  My only guess would that they did not like they way Trotz was coaching the younger players, notably Wahlstrom and Bellows this year, although probably others too.  The team played horribly, old and flat-footed, for most of the year.  They are going to need to younger kids to come up and play, but I guess Lou thinks they can't really do that if Trotz is benching them for entire games, or stretches of them, for mistakes.  Granted, I am no coach and I have no idea if Trotz was doing "the right thing" (frankly, he probably was correct) but it is the only thing I can think of for why they would be cutting ties right now, because they likely will sign exactly zero known quantities as free agents (like usual).