NHL 2021-2022

Lord Patrek

12 minutes ago, KingintheNorth4 said:

Kadri scores the game winning goal in overtime after returning from hand surgery. That's quite the comeback. 

Crazy ending. Wildly entertaining game that could have swung a number of different ways, but both goalies were great. 

But Tampa isn't dead until you cut off their head, burn their body and throw their ashes into the sea. 

Skipping past the Avs winning (Joe Sakic 4 Eva), I'm watching the E60 Unrivaled doc on the Avs and Wings rivalry and holy cow, the nostalgia for me! And the unbearable sadness of the limousine accident and Vladimir Konstantinov. 

Flyers goalie Ivan Fedotov has been arrested in St. Peterssburg. Official reason: refusal to show up for his military service. Unofficial, he signed his entry contract with the Flyers in May, and this is now trying to strongarm him into signing a new contract with CSKA instead.

• 2 weeks later...

First day and change of free agency, lots of big signings, too many to list.

Of course, the Islanders have literally done nothing.  Can't wait for a week from now for them to overpay to resign someone so we that have the same team as last year, only worse.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

P.K. calls it quits. Kinda surprising. I mean Chara and Yandle were sorta predictable retirements, but Subban, I didn't see coming. Always felt P.K. was a bit overrated, because of his good offensive game, but the defensive side of his game was always kinda suspect.

6 hours ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

P.K. calls it quits. Kinda surprising. I mean Chara and Yandle were sorta predictable retirements, but Subban, I didn't see coming. Always felt P.K. was a bit overrated, because of his good offensive game, but the defensive side of his game was always kinda suspect.

As a Devils fan I’m not surprised at all. He’s been washed for a while now. He’ll probably end up on the broadcasting side for someone. In a sport where so many of the biggest stars are absolute bores, PK has always had one of the most entertaining personalities in the game. 

• 7 months later...