NHL 2021-2022

Lord Patrek

4 hours ago, .H. said:

Yeah, I don't quite get it.  My only guess would that they did not like they way Trotz was coaching the younger players, notably Wahlstrom and Bellows this year, although probably others too.  The team played horribly, old and flat-footed, for most of the year.  They are going to need to younger kids to come up and play, but I guess Lou thinks they can't really do that if Trotz is benching them for entire games, or stretches of them, for mistakes.  Granted, I am no coach and I have no idea if Trotz was doing "the right thing" (frankly, he probably was correct) but it is the only thing I can think of for why they would be cutting ties right now, because they likely will sign exactly zero known quantities as free agents (like usual).

Old is the key word here. And that’s on Lou. He’s the one that brought in guys like Chara, Greene, Parise, and Palmieri. Bringing back his own former players after they were over the hill was another go-to Lou move in NJ. 

Personally, I think firing Trotz was a terrible decision. He’s one of the best coaches in the league. I wish the Devils would move on from Ruff, and hire Trotz. But he’ll probably end up in Philly now, which would suck. 

Edited by Nictarion

11 hours ago, Nictarion said:

Old is the key word here. And that’s on Lou. He’s the one that brought in guys like Chara, Greene, Parise, and Palmieri. Bringing back his own former players after they were over the hill was another go-to Lou move in NJ. 

Personally, I think firing Trotz was a terrible decision. He’s one of the best coaches in the league. I wish the Devils would move on from Ruff, and hire Trotz. But he’ll probably end up in Philly now, which would suck. 

Indeed, can't help but agree.  As an Islander fan, we know better than the expect anything besides the worst.

Phew. Glad to get through there. Out of 7 games of that series Calgary was outplayed once that being game six. Every other game we had an edge or dominated. But Oettinger was a beast and single handedly almost won that series for Dallas.

Edited by Arakasi

Hum, after game 7 curse brought down the Leafs again, I now kinda have to cheer for whoever comes out of the Alberta series to end the Canadian Stanley Cup drought.

But realistically, it's gonna be the Avs winning the cup this year, isn't it?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, KingintheNorth4 said:

I'm leaning toward Tampa completing the three peat.

Probably the smart pick given they have the better goalie. Should be a fun series.

Edited by Tywin et al.