Young Griff is the descendant of Brightflame, but is a pureblood Targaryen.

6 hours ago, Tucu said:

In a way Tyrion already crossed paths and meddled with Quentyn's fate when he influenced the Golden Company changing direction; what would have happened if the Golden Company pretended to take the Yunkish contract to get to Meereen?. Tyrion already meddled with the fate of other dragons (Stannis, Aemon, maybe Jon, Aegon) so Moqorro's vision probably refers to past and future events.

Maybe.  I’m just not convinced that Quentyn ever held himself out as a dragon, to qualify as a false one.  He was hoping that the Valyrian line in House Martell might be enough, but there is nothing false about this.  When he did misrepresent himself, it was as a frog not a dragon.

Now usually these flame visions, I thought were supposed to decipher future events.  So I’m not sure Moqorro would also be looking at Tyrion’s past involvement with “dragons”, but I suppose it’s possible.  I thought the same thing when I first read the passage, but now I’m unsure.

As for “Bright Dragon” I usually look to similar phrasing in the same book that the prophecy is contained in.  And both Young Griff and Dany were repeatedly referred to as Bright Prince and Bright Queen respectively in ADWD.  Both are also roughly of the same age, so I suppose the bright and young dragons could refer to both Griff and Dany.  Then perhaps the false and true is how they become differentiated.  

I still see Bloodraven as the best answer to both the “dark” dragon and the “old” dragon.

So perhaps we’re looking at a three way conflict: Griff vs. Dany vs. Bloodraven.

1 hour ago, Frey family reunion said:

Maybe.  I’m just not convinced that Quentyn ever held himself out as a dragon, to qualify as a false one.  He was hoping that the Valyrian line in House Martell might be enough, but there is nothing false about this.  When he did misrepresent himself, it was as a frog not a dragon.

Now usually these flame visions, I thought were supposed to decipher future events.  So I’m not sure Moqorro would also be looking at Tyrion’s past involvement with “dragons”, but I suppose it’s possible.  I thought the same thing when I first read the passage, but now I’m unsure.

As for “Bright Dragon” I usually look to similar phrasing in the same book that the prophecy is contained in.  And both Young Griff and Dany were repeatedly referred to as Bright Prince and Bright Queen respectively in ADWD.  Both are also roughly of the same age, so I suppose the bright and young dragons could refer to both Griff and Dany.  Then perhaps the false and true is how they become differentiated.  

I still see Bloodraven as the best answer to both the “dark” dragon and the “old” dragon.

So perhaps we’re looking at a three way conflict: Griff vs. Dany vs. Bloodraven.

Bloodravens sigil is literally a white dragon. Eminent of Viserion. Foreshadowing? Maybe. Not that tree lord will ride Viserion but someone in the North definitely will. ;)

1 hour ago, Frey family reunion said:

For dragons? Sure. The main political standpoint at the ends of Winds will be Stannis and Ghost in the North, Cersei and/or Tyrion in the West, Aegon in KL, Stormlands and Reach, and Dany in Dorne

27 minutes ago, Brynden"Bloodraven" Rivers said:

Bloodravens sigil is literally a white dragon. Eminent of Viserion. Foreshadowing? Maybe. Not that tree lord will ride Viserion but someone in the North definitely will. ;)

I think it's more likely that Tyrion will ride Viserion......I think @Mithras has a link in his signature to a thread talking about the Tyrion/Viserion foreshadowing. 

12 hours ago, Frey family reunion said:

Quentyn convinced himself that Dany was testing him:

They do not see. His friends had lost sight of his true purpose here. The road leads through her, not to her. Daenerys is the means to the prize, not the prize itself. " 'The dragon has three heads,' she said to me. 'My marriage need not be the end of all your hopes,' she said. 'I know why you are here. For fire and blood.' I have Targaryen blood in me, you know that. I can trace my lineage back—"

That, and my own destiny. I am a prince of Dorne, and the blood of dragons is in my veins.

He thought that a dragon was his destiny but he ended as roasted frog.

I see Moqorro line not just a vision of the future, but basically of Tyrion's nature: he meddles and changes the fate of dragons.

Later Tyrion encounters Brown Ben that is a good candidate for a false dragon; he has his two drops of dragon blood and he is a turncloak. A nice detail with his encounter with Brown Ben is that Tyrion ends the chapter with a white wood dragon veined with blood: a weirwood dragon like BR?

The white cyvasse dragon ended up at Tyrion’s feet. He scooped it off the carpet and wiped it on his sleeve, but some of the Yunkish blood had collected in the fine grooves of the carving, so the pale wood seemed veined with red. “All hail our beloved queen, Daenerys.” Be she alive or be she dead. He tossed the bloody dragon in the air, caught it, grinned. “We have always been the queen’s men,” announced Brown Ben Plumm. “Rejoining the Yunkai’i was just a plot.”

Tyrion plays with dragons ;-) He did that with Young Griff chatting over a game of cyvasse; he tells him to be a dragon and invade Westeros, but within cyvasse he shows him to keep his she-dragon close

“Perhaps I overstated. She may take pity on you when you come begging for her hand.” The dwarf shrugged. “Do you want to wager your throne upon a woman’s whim? Go to Westeros, though … ah, then you are a rebel, not a beggar. Bold, reckless, a true scion of House Targaryen, walking in the footsteps of Aegon the Conqueror. A dragon.

“I told you, I know our little queen. Let her hear that her brother Rhaegar’s murdered son is still alive, that this brave boy has raised the dragon standard of her forebears in Westeros once more, that he is fighting a desperate war to avenge his father and reclaim the Iron Throne for House Targaryen, hard-pressed on every side … and she will fly to your side as fast as wind and water can carry her. You are the last of her line, and this Mother of Dragons, this Breaker of Chains, is above all a rescuer. The girl who drowned the slaver cities in blood rather than leave strangers to their chains can scarcely abandon her own brother’s son in his hour of peril. And when she reaches Westeros, and meets you for the first time, you will meet as equals, man and woman, not queen and supplicant. How can she help but love you then, I ask you?” Smiling, he seized his dragon, flew it across the board. “I hope Your Grace will pardon me. Your king is trapped. Death in four.”

The prince stared at the playing board. “My dragon—”

“— is too far away to save you. You should have moved her to the center of the battle.” “But you said—” “I lied. Trust no one. And keep your dragon close.

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, asongofheresy said:

and Aerion's Lyseni bastards has no importance to the plot. 

One of those bastards could be Illyrio Mopatis' parent. This explains why Illyrio got involved into Varys' business and married with Serra, who possibly was Varys' sister and a Blackfyre thru their father - Maelys the Monstrous.

4 minutes ago, Megorova said:

One of those bastards could be Illyrio Mopatis' parent. This explains why Illyrio got involved into Varys' business and married with Serra, who possibly was Varys' sister and a Blackfyre thru their father - Maelys the Monstrous.

My opinion, though I do think yours is plausible with our evidence, is that Varys and Serra are indeed brother and sister, but they were born from the Brightflame line since Varys is said to have been born in Lys. Illyrio, IMO is the one who is a Blackfyre. 

12 minutes ago, Jaenara Belarys said:

since Varys is said to have been born in Lys.

That's what Pycelle said. Doesn't mean that he was right.

In my opinion the Silvertongue (one of the Ninepenny Kings, a "friend" of Maelys Blackfyre) sold all three of Jenny's children to the slavers (I wrote about this in Swan Song, part 9) - Serra and Varys were both sold to a Lyseni slaver, and Melisandre because of her red hair was bought by a slaver from Volantis, who was intending to sell her into the Red Temple, because she was "kissed by fire"- blessed by R'hllor.

Varys and Serra were bought by a Lyseni slaver because of their Valyrian looks. That slaver was intending for both of them to be used as a pleasure slaves. Though Varys had showed that he could be more than just a piece of meat, and thus he was bought by a troupe of mummers. Or he was not sold into a brothel because he turned out uncooperative and thus unsuitable for that kind of "work".

12 minutes ago, Jaenara Belarys said:

Illyrio, IMO is the one who is a Blackfyre. 

If Illyrio was a Blackfyre, then the Golden Company under his leadership would have invaded the 7K in 80's. They wouldn't have waited until now. And the fact that they were inactive in the West for the past 40 years, is an evidence that after Maelys' death, they didn't had a Blackfyre who would have led them and for whom they would have seized the Iron Throne. They wouldn't have done it for Serra - because she was a female. And they wouldn't have done it for Varys - because he is not a man. Though now they (the Golden Company) are doing it for fAegon, because he is a Blackfyre by blood (thru his father - Barristan Selmy, I wrote about this in Swan Song, part 10).

If Illyrio is a Blackfyre, then why wasn't he with the Golden Company? Why he was doing all this? -> "Impoverished and despised in Pentos, Varys made an agreement with a poor sellsword, Illyrio Mopatis. Varys would steal objects from lesser thieves and Illyrio would get the objects back for their original owners for a small fee." Why would a Blackfyre-HEIR do any of that? If he was a Blackfyre, then he would have been the ruler of the Golden Company, and he would have been rich.

So Illyrio being a Blackfyre doesn't make sense.

44 minutes ago, Megorova said:

I actually see Serra as a descendant of Saera Targaryen, but wouldn't like to comment on Varys for now. 

Archived