The next Winds of Winter predictions thread

Nathan Stark

On 10/14/2021 at 1:48 PM, Nathan Stark said:

I too hope to see what happens with Jeyne Westerling. I agree that she will try to avenge Robb and Raynald, but maybe Raynald never died at the Twins? I don't think they ever found a body. Unfortunately, I think Lady Stoneheart will have Jeyne killed along with the rest of her family, treacherous and noble alike.

This is what I see happening. Jaime is going to be forced into action when Cersei orders the wildfire stash to be lit.

On 10/14/2021 at 11:09 PM, WhatAnArtist! said:

It might be that she wants to do that, but I'm not sure how she'd go about that unless she joined up with the BwB, but knowing Stoneheart, it's entirely possible that she'd just hang Jeyne as being a Westerling collaborator (a false assumption but a logical one). Other than her somehow working with the BwB, there's no way Jeyne could do anything. With the surrender of Riverrun, the last point of resistance disappeared.

Why would Stoneheart have Jeyne killed? Was it because of Robb's decision to marry her that fucked up the North so much?

8 hours ago, SeanBeanedMeUp said:

Why would Stoneheart have Jeyne killed? Was it because of Robb's decision to marry her that fucked up the North so much?

Jeyne's mother, Sybell Spicer, was conspiring with Tywin Lannister. She engineered Robb and Jeyne's meeting. It would be fairly logical - though incorrect - for Stoneheart to conclude that Jeyne was also part of the conspiracy.

3 minutes ago, WhatAnArtist! said:

Jeyne's mother, Sybell Spicer, was conspiring with Tywin Lannister. She engineered Robb and Jeyne's meeting. It would be fairly logical - though incorrect - for Stoneheart to conclude that Jeyne was also part of the conspiracy.

Logical for a regular human who isn't a fire wight, but for a hate and revenge driven thing such as LS? Logical thinking? Doubt it. 

2 hours ago, Jaenara Belarys said:

Logical for a regular human who isn't a fire wight, but for a hate and revenge driven thing such as LS? Logical thinking? Doubt it. 

In this case, the opposite is true - Stoneheart exists only to wreak vengeance on those she thinks wronged her and her family, and this will make her jump to the conclusion that Jeyne was involved with the conspiracy, based purely on the fact that she's the daughter of the woman who was confirmed to be plotting with Tywin. 

3 minutes ago, WhatAnArtist! said:

In this case, the opposite is true - Stoneheart exists only to wreak vengeance on those she thinks wronged her and her family, and this will make her jump to the conclusion that Jeyne was involved with the conspiracy, based purely on the fact that she's the daughter of the woman who was confirmed to be plotting with Tywin. 

True......I suppose you're correct. 

5 hours ago, WhatAnArtist! said:

How would Stoneheart know though?

On 10/27/2021 at 2:14 AM, Daeron the Daring said:

He certainly does have one. 

That's what I think. In fact, I think Euron believes he can draw multiple krakens to the surface.

On 10/27/2021 at 1:48 AM, SeanBeanedMeUp said:

Partly this, and partly because Lady Stoneheart no longer distinguishes friend from foe. She was going to hang Brienne. Jeyne Westerling doesn't mean as mych to LS as her former bodyguard does.

On 10/27/2021 at 3:50 PM, SeanBeanedMeUp said:

How would Stoneheart know though?

She could have found out using spies. The BwB is very likely using camp followers to spy on the Lannister and Frey encampments. And Tom o' Sevens is at Riverrun as well, for some reason. Lady Stoneheart has ways of gathering information.

On 10/29/2021 at 12:47 PM, Nathan Stark said:

Partly this, and partly because Lady Stoneheart no longer distinguishes friend from foe. She was going to hang Brienne. Jeyne Westerling doesn't mean as mych to LS as her former bodyguard does.

She could have found out using spies. The BwB is very likely using camp followers to spy on the Lannister and Frey encampments. And Tom o' Sevens is at Riverrun as well, for some reason. Lady Stoneheart has ways of gathering information.

Raynald died (he never showed up to the Westerlings) so maybe the Westerlings are trying to spite the Lannisters by playing to their tune whilst secretly trying to disobey them (like not having Robb's baby aborted)? But then again if they're keeping it a secret I suppose Stoneheart wouldn't know it.

It would be very tragic if Jeyne shows up to the Brotherhood wanting to exact vengeance on the Freys only to be killed by Stoneheart.

About Jeyne Westerling, I agree that LSH will have her hanged. Her uncle gets a castle and becomes a lord. Her brother gets a wedding with a Lannister. Ok a bastard Lannister but she can be legitimised and get a good dawry. The whole family survives despite Lannisters wiping out those vassals who betrayed them. That means (in her mind) that Jeyne is a traitor. 

• 2 months later...
On 10/29/2021 at 10:47 PM, Nathan Stark said:

That's what I think. In fact, I think Euron believes he can draw multiple krakens to the surface.

I specifically was refering to the beast that was spotted near Claw Isle (I think). Just about 2 months or less before Euron made his appearance at the Iron Islands. Coincidence? I think not? Symbolism? Nope. That beast is attached to someone, and that someone is Euron. I guess. Y'know, in a Davey Jones style or something. 

Your predictions seem logical for the world of Westeros and beyond. The interesting part of DWD is how it began to beckon the other parts of the world. There was more about the rest of the world other than King's Landing and the immediate 7 kingdoms.

Sansa is the character that has the least changed arc. If she and Tyrion team up, they would turn Cersei's spiders. Tyrion killing children makes him no better than his sister, and it is a twisted irony since he was already accused of murdering Joffrey.

Remember Dorne is in an uproar cause of the wild mercenary. Myrcella isn't dead though she is maimed like her father. Word of that could be enough to destroy Cersei's mind since she's going through withdrawals from alcohol while at the Septa's hands. Davos might go back to high-risk smuggling.  Sarella aka Alleras is still at the Citadel. I predict we find out more of Dorne's magic and poision. 

Dany is spotting. There's probably another midwife with the Khals that recognizes that. They will remember her son was prophesized to be the stallion that mounts the world. And of course, dragons.

Jaime could ignore the desperate plea from his sister-love. That would be the show of changed behavior, turning his back on her. I predict he returns for their children. The Lannister arc has been similar to the old Targaryen behavior.  

Jon may be dead dead. He could rise as a night's king like in the old tales Nan told. 

While most of us like the R+L = J, Lenore (who is not who she says she is) and Jon Connington have the real story, and there is young Griff. He could be an imposter, Elia's child, someone else's child, or the twin from the Tower of Joy. Triplets would hit people over the head with "the dragon has three heads". :D

Jon Connington and the Gold Company shouldn't be dismissed.  Will Lady Stoneheart remember him?  

Brienne is probably dead. The word she spoke won't be revealed until Lady Stoneheart needs to hear it. It probably functions like a spell.  

Personally, I'm scared to predict learning more about Blood magic, Shadow magic, Doom and Greyscale because I want to know that stuff. 

• 1 month later...
On 11/6/2021 at 2:55 AM, SeanBeanedMeUp said:

Raynald died (he never showed up to the Westerlings) so maybe the Westerlings are trying to spite the Lannisters by playing to their tune whilst secretly trying to disobey them (like not having Robb's baby aborted)? But then again if they're keeping it a secret I suppose Stoneheart wouldn't know it.

It would be very tragic if Jeyne shows up to the Brotherhood wanting to exact vengeance on the Freys only to be killed by Stoneheart.

As far as the readers are too believed, Raynald is death. But GRRM has shown multiple times he isn't opposed to let a supposed Death character re-appear alive (It happened twice with Davos even). 

So for all we know Raynald is still alive and the Hooded Man, trying to take revenge on the Boltons and their allies for what happened at the Red Wedding. 

I think Loras is going to end up joining Aegon after Mace Tyrell gets crushed at Storm's End. It wouldn't be the first time he's sworn himself to some young, new upstart and with his father in captivity it would make sense for him to serve for his father's sake. I was planning on writing an essay about it, but I'm too lazy. I will say that there's a lot of foreshadowing in AFFC about it, particularly in the scenes with Jaime and Loras and how one of the Kingsguard is "Rolland Darklyn" who was the youngest to  take the office and died within an hour of donning the cloak. Rolly Duckfield is Aegon's KG and shares the same name initials. There's other foreshadowing tidbits, but I'll just leave it at that for now. 

Archived