U.S. Politics / bounced checks and negative balances

DireWolfSpirit

53 minutes ago, Fury Resurrected said:

Ellison is tainted, but Minnesota AG Kieth Ellison would have brought charges immediately. That dude will swing a hammer. He’s also an abuser apparently, though.

I know Keith, not closely, but professionally and have spent a reasonable amount of time around him. I was not surprised by Al being a perv, and likewise, I was not surprised to see he was accused of abuse. But that said the evidence is super weak.  

4 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

I know Keith, not closely, but professionally and have spent a reasonable amount of time around him. I was not surprised by Al being a perv, and likewise, I was not surprised to see he was accused of abuse. But that said the evidence is super weak.  

As someone who has been the victim of similar situations, what evidence does anyone expect victims to have?

3 hours ago, Fury Resurrected said:

As someone who has been the victim of similar situations, what evidence does anyone expect victims to have?

Keith has two accusations against him. One is from before he was in Congress and the other is from a few years ago. I'm assuming you're referencing the latter. In that case the alleged victim and her son both claimed they had video evidence, but refused to provide it and would not cooperate with an investigation conducted by the DFL. 

29 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

Think she’ll switch parties?

Doubtful, but it's clear that she doesn't care about getting reelected. 2024 is a long ways off, but I feel confident in saying she will not be in the Senate in 2025. 

It's rather staggering that she seems to not even be trying to be a Senator. It may be the lowest priority in her life right now. What a fraud.

1 hour ago, ants said:

Not sure if this has been posted:

https://www.salon.com/2021/10/14/kyrsten-sinema-ditches-senate-negotiations-for-fundraising-trip-to-europe/

she’s not even trying to pretend she’s a Dem anymore, is she?

Did you read the article?:

participated in a fundraiser for the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee, her spokesman told The New York Times.

5 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

I hate Gerrymandering regardless of who is doing it.

Sure. But unilateral disarmament, like Democrats have done in too many other states, is beyond fucking stupid. 

4 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Doubtful, but it's clear that she doesn't care about getting reelected. 2024 is a long ways off, but I feel confident in saying she will not be in the Senate in 2025. 

It's rather staggering that she seems to not even be trying to be a Senator. It may be the lowest priority in her life right now. What a fraud.

If it comes at the right time, one term as a Senator is more than enough. I'm sure the corporate backers mentioned in the article will provide for her should she no longer be a Senator in 2025.

Archived