U.S. Politics / bounced checks and negative balances

DireWolfSpirit

Agreed, VBF's argument is absolutely gross and insulting to residents of my state.

I don't appreciate the playing games with semantics and timelines to justify murder.

Eta: the argument, which relies on a deception, is not even remotely clever.

8 minutes ago, The Great Unwashed said:

This is ridiculous - eyewitnesses state that Rittenhouse was AIMING the weapon at people before he was ever “assaulted”. 

I imagine the testimony about that will be among the things examined in the case, whether it can be corroborated and whether it can be shown to have any connection to what happened afterward.

Even if true that he brandished at someone during the night (though, IIRC, the prosecution has not charged him with brandishing, so they may not think they have enough to prove that), it does not follow that Rosenbaum went after him because of that. We don't really know what happened.

As I recall when I last looked at things, the guess I had is that the reason Rosenbaum chased and grappled with Rittenhouse had to do with the fact that video footage showed him setting fire to a trash bin on the street, right around the time Rittenhouse was carrying a fire extinguisher around on that same street.

ETA: Found my post here using reporting from the NY Times and Koerri Elijah (who was there and had followed Rittenhouse up the street when he took off with a fire extinguisher). I forgot that Rosenbaum had been involved in the attempt to push a burning trash bin near a gas station, and maybe he was just generally pissed at the people putting out the fires.

Archived