Succession [spoilers]

RumHam

1 hour ago, Relic said:

I think i started a thread about this show when nobody was watching in season 1

Yup. There's a thread for season two also, but they get archived after nobody posts in them for a few months. I assume it saves a tiny amount of server memory but it's mildly annoying. 

The season 2 thread barely made three pages. It does help to archive dead and unpopular threads, alas. Is it so onerous to start a new one?

Really enjoyed diving back into the den of scum and villainy that is the Royce family and their minions in Waystar.  Particularly loved Roman's attempt to speak on his behalf as interim CEO, only to be so wishy-washy that Logan immediately tells his advisors that Roman's out of the job. Hilarious.

The one thing that is starting to get a bit tiresome for me is how ridiculously and aggressively hapless Greg is. Yeah, he's the key to why Kendall pulled his move because he decided to protect his own ass and kept some of the papers... but he just falls on his face at all times. He feels like he stepped out of The Office or Veep. It can lead to amazing levity, I admit, but for this particular episode he just seemed to get in the way for me.

Kind of loved the image of Logan watching airplanes taking off, revisited repeatedly this episode. 

1 hour ago, Ran said:

Is it so onerous to start a new one?

I said mildly! I just always forget and dig up the old thread only to realize I can't bump it. 

I agree about Greg, I can't wait for him to sit down with Logan though. Really hope they got Cromwell back as uncle Ewan this season too. I wonder why he cut Greg's mom off? 

3 hours ago, RumHam said:

I wonder why he cut Greg's mom off? 

She's a compulsive spender.

5 hours ago, Ran said:

The season 2 thread barely made three pages. It does help to archive dead and unpopular threads, alas. Is it so onerous to start a new one?

Really enjoyed diving back into the den of scum and villainy that is the Royce family and their minions in Waystar.  Particularly loved Roman's attempt to speak on his behalf as interim CEO, only to be so wishy-washy that Logan immediately tells his advisors that Roman's out of the job. Hilarious.

The one thing that is starting to get a bit tiresome for me is how ridiculously and aggressively hapless Greg is. Yeah, he's the key to why Kendall pulled his move because he decided to protect his own ass and kept some of the papers... but he just falls on his face at all times. He feels like he stepped out of The Office or Veep. It can lead to amazing levity, I admit, but for this particular episode he just seemed to get in the way for me.

Kind of loved the image of Logan watching airplanes taking off, revisited repeatedly this episode. 

I have to agree in this episode at least Greg was a little too much.

Also, I think Roman didn't really wanted the job, right now, and probably ever, though he'll never admit that.

34 minutes ago, Winterfell is Burning said:

She's a compulsive spender.

Ah, I thought she started spending like crazy because the company seemed to be at risk and she wanted to stock up on bullion and supplies. 

10 hours ago, Ran said:

It got a few chuckles from me because it was a creative way of incorporating current pandemic filming restrictions with the characters' predicament. Although I do worry if they'll be able to keep the show visually interesting throughout the season despite the restrictions. It would be sad if it became like any other show, where it's shot after shot of the characters' faces.

17 minutes ago, Cashless Society said:

It got a few chuckles from me because it was a creative way of incorporating current pandemic filming restrictions with the characters' predicament. Although I do worry if they'll be able to keep the show visually interesting throughout the season despite the restrictions. It would be sad if it became like any other show, where it's shot after shot of the characters' faces.

Yeah. I'm hopeful they'll figure it out, it's such a visually strong show.

Not a bad return, although I agree both on Greg and the visuals.

This episode almost had too much Logan in it. I think I prefer it when he is used more sparingly, allowing the tension to rise as the other characters plot and backstab. 

Also, I miss Marcia and Rhea! 

When watching the first episode, I was a little worried the show had lost half a step. The second one was back to absolutely fantastic. And the meanness between the heirs was really brought to a new level in this episode wasn't it.

My favorite part was probably Kendall yelling "You're not wanted" to Con and Roman commenting "like he hasn't heard enough of it in his life". Absolutely brutal.

I was kinda meh on this episode. Unlike previous seasons where the camera zooms, pull-ins/push-outs and swivels where extremely motivated by having many characters in large spaces, like boardrooms or gala events, giving a sort of fly on the wall effect, the same cannot be said when it's done with the characters being in claustrophobic spaces. It really came across as amateurish, like a film student who's just discovered these cool effects and now uses them at every opportunity claiming that this is "artistic expression" or whatever.

I wasn't interested in Kendall pleading his case to his siblings because 1) I already knew how this was going to end and 2) in just an extension of the conversation they already had in the pilot episode. I would have preferred the focus to be on Roman and Gerri scheming to make it impossible for Logan to easily oust them from their position when the time came, Shiv and Tom figuring out how to make Gerri look bad forcing Logan to reconsider, and more of Greg meeting with the different lawyers trying to see which option is best for him.

Kinda disappointed that the trojan horse was just a prank by Stewie. But if it really did mean something, my guess would be either Logan making Shiv the president or Greg's grandfather getting Greg independent legal representation.

Did the guy playing Sandy not want to do the show anymore? That scene in the car with him saying one word on speaker phone seemed like it could have been a clumsy attempt to write him out and have his daughter with the same name take over. 

48 minutes ago, RumHam said:

Did the guy playing Sandy not want to do the show anymore? That scene in the car with him saying one word on speaker phone seemed like it could have been a clumsy attempt to write him out and have his daughter with the same name take over. 

His character has syphilis, the MySpace of STDs.

7 hours ago, RumHam said:

The rumor that I've seen, when searching around, is that he didn't want to take any chances during the pandemic. He's 76, after all, and Mark Blum who played Bill Lockhart during the first two seasons died from Covid.

Not really Team Kendall. I hate everyone on this show but it was slightly annoying how not one of the kids joined his team. He wasn’t the best salesman though and once he mentioned being leader they all kinda tuned out which made sense. I think Kendall may have to really turn into a “killer” and not only destroy his dad but also at least one of his siblings. 
Tom is a huge wildcard this season. He’s gonna pull some shit. 

Renewed for season four. 

Archived