Succession [spoilers]

RumHam

2 minutes ago, Mark Antony said:

I can’t be the only who thinks Greg isn’t punching above his weight at all. Kinda roll my eyes every time someone says that on the show. Comfry is good looking for sure but not out of Greg’s league or anything imo

Yeah, it's a little much. And Greg kind of just accepts it, while not letting it stop him, which is funny. The only thing I can guess is that maybe they're thinking not just looks, but also educational and socio-economic factors. She probably earns pretty well in her job (admittedly, his sinecure and promotion from Tom seems to earn him something low six figures if he was able to buy that overpriced Rolex) , and no doubt has some sort of liberal arts degree while it's unclear Greg has even gone to college (I think).

But yeah, it's a stretch.

20 minutes ago, Mark Antony said:

I can’t be the only who thinks Greg isn’t punching above his weight at all. Kinda roll my eyes every time someone says that on the show. Comfry is good looking for sure but not out of Greg’s league or anything imo

True but the point is as soon as he’s told him being with Confrey will help him up rhe dating ladder, he starts looking a few rungs up

I wouldn't be surprised if Kendall is dead next episode.  Between the drowning imagery all season, and then the dinner with Logan saying "this life isn't for everyone" (or something to that effect), and Kendall saying he won't even speak at Logan's memorial service, all seemed very ominous.  

Also can't believe I didn't notice that Kendall named his kid Iverson until this episode, which is just very on point.  

I was dying laughing at the dick pick and the fallout.  Roman's face when Logan left the room was priceless.

1 hour ago, 1066 Larry said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Kendall is dead next episode.  Between the drowning imagery all season, and then the dinner with Logan saying "this life isn't for everyone" (or something to that effect), and Kendall saying he won't even speak at Logan's memorial service, all seemed very ominous.  

Also can't believe I didn't notice that Kendall named his kid Iverson until this episode, which is just very on point.  

I was dying laughing at the dick pick and the fallout.  Roman's face when Logan left the room was priceless.

I’m getting over a bad non-covid cough - the dick scene almost killed me.

My wife suggedted Kendall died but at the time I thought was too low key. In hindsight, that woukd fit. Slips away quietly.

Another option that presents itself... bombshell comes when Kendall (not drowned) goes on that podcast and he owns up about the accident, the drowned kid... and the fact that his father completely covered it up. Kind of a symbolic suicide as he throws himself and his father to the lions.

But... against that, where does that leave Kendall's story next year? I don't know. 

1 hour ago, Ran said:

Another option that presents itself... bombshell comes when Kendall (not drowned) goes on that podcast and he owns up about the accident, the drowned kid... and the fact that his father completely covered it up. Kind of a symbolic suicide as he throws himself and his father to the lions.

But... against that, where does that leave Kendall's story next year? I don't know. 

Ha, would be kind of funny if he did that an then he and Logan are forced to hole up together in a non-extradition country and sort out their differences until the lawyers straighten shit out.

I never thought they meant his appearance, when saying Greg was trying to punch above his weight by dating Comfrey, or wanting to.  They meant he was literally nothing; no money, no skills, no title, no position, just a semi relative riding along on the coattails of his relatives' Big Money and Status.  Coz, you know those people's own appearances are pretty poor sauce, even w/o factoring in their utter lack of taste or idea how to dress.  If they didn't have money nobody would ever contact any of them, even on Tinder.  :lol:

Comfry is certainly well above Greg's league, but I see the confusion, because, as is often the case in Hollywood, they have good looking people play people who aren't really supposed to be, or at least as much- see also Tom being well below Shiv's league, despite of course MM being handsome enough to play Mr. Darcy to Keira Knightley.

1 hour ago, Ran said:

That would seem to be the only card he has left, if he's still playing the game or not. Either he does truly feel remorse in the role he played in that man's death and even with his role in all the "evil" WaystarRoy has unleashed on the world, or he just goes nuclear to take Logan down with him. There really is no path left to him. Unless...

Somebody else in the Roy inner-circle finally steps forward to provide the much needed additional evidence in the Cruise Ship Scandal. Somebody who may have been shit on one time too many by the Roys in this past episode: the butt-monkey husband or the victim-blamed interim CEO? If this turns out to happen, I'd say it's an even bet as to which it is.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks it's silly that everyone is telling Greg that Comfry is out of his league. She's pretty attractive, but Greg is by no means an ugly man. Part of me just views it as everyone in the family simply being mean to Greg, since he's in a lot of ways the family punching bag, for being socially awkward.

By far the best directed episode of the season, it's got all the hallmarks of the visual style associated with the show.

Logan, again, somehow finding a way to intimidate an ongoing boardmeeting that he's not supposed to attend; it's a good thing Sandi is keeping an official record of this. Hope it comes back sometime next season.

Can anybody explain to me how Connor marrying Willa makes him bulletproof?

Greg questioning Comfry's intellectual depth?:blink: Has there ever been a moment where Greg has actually displayed intellectual depth? This comment was as self-unaware as Logan being disgusted at an older woman having a fling with a younger man.

Given the suspicious donuts that were delivered to Kendall’s apartment in Episode 2 that everyone assumed may have been poisoned, and now Logan using Kendall’s son as a food taster on the suspicion that Kendall may be poisoning him; I wouldn't be surprised if Kendall’s method of suicide (if it actually happens) is by poisoning. Speaking of Kendall’s kids, it's hilarious how they're still using the same actors to play them as they've aged considerably faster than the passage of time within the show timeline.

Loved Logan's response to Kendall saying that he's better than Logan. Some people might say that part of the conversation was too on the nose and unnecessary, but I would argue that it is given how a lot of the people on TeamKendall really seemed to buy into his whole BS about reforming Waystar's misogynistic culture.

I don't think Roman convincing Logan that  Matsson is a serious person was a smart move given how he describes himself as a person who gets easily disappointed in people he gets invested in. Imagine the things this Elon Musk expy would get up to if he ends up being disappointed with Waystar Royco?

So, clearly the theme for this season has been the disintegration of the Roy Siblings right?

13 hours ago, kairparavel said:

Re: Greg, Logan, and Kendall

I forget the episode but Logan had Greg keeping an eye on Kendall so 'he doesn't end up dead at the bottom of [...] pool.'

This was during Tom's bachelor party after Kendall relapsed, right?

On 12/8/2021 at 4:48 AM, Zorral said:

I never thought they meant his appearance, when saying Greg was trying to punch above his weight by dating Comfrey, or wanting to.  They meant he was literally nothing; no money, no skills, no title, no position, just a semi relative riding along on the coattails of his relatives' Big Money and Status. 

Yes, I think this is very clearly the implication. It's not about looks.

6 hours ago, Mark Antony said:

rich single guy in NYC with a good job related to billionaires. 

Greg is not a billionaire like those to whom he's distantly related -- even Tom is married to a billionaire -- and he's been disinherited. :lol:  Not in that league at all.  He's not even managing the money like Gerri, etc., i.e. he's not even one of those, like the accountants for rich people, who move in rich circles via their work for those who actually made and possess the money. But yes, he does ride on other people's money. 

But how wealthy can Comfry be if she's working this terrible public relations job for some rich asshole? She's not even the head PR person. I dunno I took it as a looks thing and they're just not going to cast an actual unattractive person because they usually don't like to do that.

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/HollywoodHomely

Ya, Hollywood Homely is a thing.  But look at the jerkwaddies of Succession -- they are pretty weak sauce in the looks department, all of them.  Creepy Roman -- pencil neck, chinless Kendall  -- baby poo sloppy ass pants Shiv -- good grief.  Greg's far and away better looking than they are.  Nor does this viewer see Comfrey as even particularly pretty. 

It's the same as shaggoth and the ilks blustering they'd never committed sexual assault on various of the women who came forward about being assaulted by them: "She's way too ugly, too fat, too old, etc. etc. I could never have found her attractive." They don't see themselves, of course, as ugly, fat, old, unattractive to their victims. 

These people live in such a bubble, that we see them further removed from reality all the time that isn't their own bubble reality.  And millions of other human beings (not to mention bunnies)  suffer for that --  speaking only within the context of the 'fiction' of the show. :lol:

Did Greg rat out the siblings to Logan? 

eta: I suppose Kerry or Marcia could have picked up on it, but my money is on Greg.  On Tom.  Also, Greg being on Lackey Slack was hilarious.

Kendall confessing about the car accident to Shiv and Roman when they were at their most isolated from Logan was some good writing.  That entire scene out in the parking lot was amazing.

The dialogue on this show is so good.  

And congrats to Connor and Willa!

"The verdict is love, your Honor!"

Archived