Succession [spoilers]

RumHam

I havent seen much mention of this but the opening credits of this show are among the very best ever made, imho. The creepy home movie shots of the kids, the way Logan is portrayed in the clips... they just set up the show so very very well. And the music, of course, is fantastic 

I was sure as soon as Sandy was asking for veto power over any Roy CEO that he was faking being unwell-- thought this was a gambit to get them to deal assuming Sandy would be dead soon and that provision moot.  Was really liking the idea that both Sandy and Logan were faking it.  

Fuck, these people are all so horrible lol.  

I do love the Roman / Gerri friendship, I think they are the only characters that actually give a shit about each other.

One of the funniest episodes for sure. Felt kinda bad for Shiv. She did pretty well to make that deal (even if it was self serving) and Logan just yells at her and pats Romans head :lol:

Kendall is completely alone now. His ego is uncontainable this season. Will anyone switch to his side soon?

1 hour ago, Mark Antony said:

One of the funniest episodes for sure. Felt kinda bad for Shiv. She did pretty well to make that deal (even if it was self serving) and Logan just yells at her and pats Romans head :lol:

Kendall is completely alone now. His ego is uncontainable this season. Will anyone switch to his side soon?

Someone has to, otherwise there's really no story for the last 4 episodes, and nothing for him to do in the series.

8 hours ago, Ran said:

he's a greedy and completely self-interested idiot if he's willing to try and sue over his inheritance as if he deserves a penny of it.

This is ... a surprise?  From the beginning, with his phone calls home in season 1, we had that.  All of them, no exceptions (except for the little children -- and the dead rabbit) are scum.

I hasten to add -- actually they are all worse than scum, and these are the ones deciding how our lives run to very great degree.  Just beginning with choosing whom sits titularly in the chairs of power in places like the White House.  This was made totally clear last night.  These people are not in the least comic -- they are horrors and monsters. It's not coincidence they brought the shoggoth to D.C.  And! next week boyz 'n gurlxz!  we go to D.C. where Ken Doll attempts something or other.

"If he can do people, he can do rabbits!" That poor bunny. And ...child care person who has to call a doctor and try to convince him to tend to the rabbit because Kendall refuses to accept how things work / that some rules apply to everything. 

Didn't Greg already get cut off from his grandpa last season? I seem to recall he was only expecting a couple million or whatever and was doomed to be "poor rich" I don't see how he has a case against Greenpeace for accepting the money. 

"Do you need me to hold the scepter?" 

Evan already threatened last season. To me, the main reason Greg simply didn't left the company immediately is that on some level he knew granpa would use that inheritance against him for the rest of his life, and then cut off anyway if he did something that displeased him, which, Greg being Greg, it's inevitable.

6 hours ago, RumHam said:

Didn't Greg already get cut off from his grandpa last season? I seem to recall he was only expecting a couple million or whatever and was doomed to be "poor rich" I don't see how he has a case against Greenpeace for accepting the money. 

"Do you need me to hold the scepter?" 

Ewan made the threat to cut Greg out in season 2, but Logan convinced Greg that it was just a bluff and that Ewan didn't have the balls to actually do it. We're never given any conformation if Ewan actually did it, up until now however.

On 11/15/2021 at 11:37 AM, Mark Antony said:

Right unless the show is just let’s watch Kendall get humiliated over and over then he kinda needs a win soon 

I think he's destined to be the cheese standing alone.  If he was somewhat competent maybe it'd be different.  Of course, the only time he was actually competent, when Logan was out of commission and Kendall prevented the death spiral by bringing Stewie and Sandy onboard, he was punished by Logan.  

Greg would have went with him I think if he didn't threaten him with the DOJ stuff.  Of course if he's facing the DOJ shit anyway with the Raisin situation changing maybe he'll go with Kendall?  I think the top candidates to switch sides are Shiv, Greg, and Marcia. 

2 hours ago, 1066 Larry said:

I think he's destined to be the cheese standing alone.  If he was somewhat competent maybe it'd be different.  Of course, the only time he was actually competent, when Logan was out of commission and Kendall prevented the death spiral by bringing Stewie and Sandy onboard, he was punished by Logan.  . 

Funny enough that’s exactly what happened with Logan and Shiv last episode 

Kendall’s drop the mic moment last season is destined to be his highest high and even that was impulsive and poorly thought through as per usual. He is not particularly bright nor mentally stable, he will always make the worst possible choice while believing he is the smartest man in the room, coming off only slightly more coherent than pissmad Logan. He couldn’t even make a convincing pitch to Tom, a drowning man with nothing left to lose. 

19 minutes ago, Morpheus said:

He couldn’t even make a convincing pitch to Tom, a drowning man with nothing left to lose. 

True, but Shiv can get Tom over the finish line, and Kendall’s cookie dough desperation will make him a soft negotiator.

There’s so much cringe in this show I’m not sure why I watch it, maybe it’s the possibility of all these assholes racked over their train wreck, I don’t know.

Yeah, Kendall is a floundering wreck. He's supposed to be taking various medications, yeah? Because he comes off like someone entirely off his meds. I do feel like the constant downward slope of his trajectory may be overplaying the show's hand regarding his part of the storyline, if we're to realistically believe he'll be able to turn it around at the last minute and come out with, if not a win, at least a draw. (Unless, of course, the ultimate trajectory of his spiral is an untimely death by suicide. Then, sure, the beating he has taken as a character makes sense.)

Roman and Logan crowning a bona fide fascist as the Republican candidate will hopefully come back to bite them.  

Pretty sure Roman is right and Logan is sleeping with Kerry, his personal assistant or whatever she is. Bold move after having to pay out a mess to the wife to keep her from divorcing him after his past indiscretion an episode or two ago.

Macfayden has been really knocking it out of the park as Tom.  Always great to see Stephen Root on the screen, as well.

I loved to see Stephen Root because he's just playing Jimmy James.

I'm pretty sure the fascist guy isn't going to be the next president, and when he does lose (probably to the Sanders guy) then Logan will turn on Roman and blame him for.

Kendall continues to be pathetic, but I still think someone will turn to his side.

5 hours ago, Winterfell is Burning said:

Kendall continues to be pathetic, but I still think someone will turn to his side.

Pretty much has to be Shiv right? Not wanting to help elevate that neo-nazi to the presidency. That dude is terrifying by the way. Like Trump if he was younger and more coherent and could maybe not vocalize every horrible thought that comes into his head. 

I loved Greg taking a stand "please don't make Connor the president"  I'm glad they explained the basis for his suit against Greenpeace, even if it seems incredibly thin. I think I missed why those young republicans were hoisting him on their shoulders? 

Edit: Forgot to say that Roman has been horrible this season. He had a moment after the kidnapping where he was pretty sympathetic but now that he's the favorite son he's just the worst again. Maybe worse than ever. 

5 minutes ago, RumHam said:

I think I missed why those young republicans were hoisting him on their shoulders? 

One of them yelled "Fuck Greenpeace!", so I think that was the reason.

Agree that Shiv is probably the one who'll turn to Kendall.

What do we make of the Caroline marriage to the .... what did Logan call him? The seat-sniffer? Everyone brought it up but it's unclear if we're going to see the characters attend the wedding or otherwise interact with their mother.

Just now, Ran said:

One of them yelled "Fuck Greenpeace!", so I think that was the reason.

Agree that Shiv is probably the one who'll turn to Kendall.

What do we make of the Caroline marriage to the .... what did Logan call him? The seat-sniffer? Everyone brought it up but it's unclear if we're going to see the characters attend the wedding or otherwise interact with their mother.

Man they were really impressed with someone filing a frivolous lawsuit against Greenpeace I guess. 

I had the impression they weren't invited? That "brexit pervert" had an invitation but they did not. Weird situation but then their mom is super weird. 

I love how they'll just mention things like "the brexit pervert" or "the seat sniffer" and leave them there for us to imagine wtf. 

Archived