The tragedy of the starks

Daenerysthegreat

44 minutes ago, Jaenara Belarys said:

Dead kids are unfortunately the loose change of wars, especially feudal wars over a throne. Can't leave a rival claimant alive, can you? 

I just have a huge soft spot for Tommen even though yeah he is totally being set up to be a tragic victim just because he had the wrong parents.

9 hours ago, Daenerysthegreat said:

That jeyne westerling thing was a big mistake. Robb himself acknowledged it. 

No he didn't. 

It's tragic stuff. R+L=:( 

Sad Ned. Sadder Cat.  Saddest Jon. But Robbs somewhere in the sadness.

Not always, kid had a nice-ish childhood, remember those happy times?

4 hours ago, Hugorfonics said:

Robb would shout back, "Well, I'm Florian the Fool." Or Robb would say, "I'm the Young Dragon

Oh good times. Jon though, well his childhood was like, saddest,

That morning he called it first. "I'm Lord of Winterfell!" he cried, as he had a hundred times before. Only this time, this time, Robb had answered, "You can't be Lord of Winterfell, you're bastard-born. My lady mother says you can't ever be the Lord of Winterfell."

What a jerk. I mean his vindictive mom probably told him to say it. (blame it on the sadder)

Still how you gonna say that to your brother and not feel shame? He's so moppy. Half the family's a wreck, it does a number on this child Young Wolf. 

Robb knew something was wrong. "My mother …"

"She was … very kind," Jon told him.

Robb looked relieved

('Shoulda been you' was the "very kind" bit)

Oh sad-ish Robb, absorbing his families sorrow like some demented spongebob squarepants. And why? What does R+L=

"I will not father a bastard."

Tormund shook his shaggy head. "What fools you kneelers be. Why did you steal the girl if you don't want her?"

(Err, thanks for that Tormund)

Robb wants to be as honorable as father (whatever that means, let's say good)  but he doesn't want to have some emo ass snow as a kid, that shits tragic. So he marries the girl. And it costs him his life and kingdom.

1 hour ago, Jaenara Belarys said:

Dead kids are unfortunately the loose change of wars, especially feudal wars over a throne. Can't leave a rival claimant alive, can you? 

Well, in theory, you can leave them alive.  That's what Ned and Robert argued bitterly about.  King Robert even repented on his deathbed.

18 minutes ago, Mister Smikes said:

Well, in theory, you can leave them alive.  That's what Ned and Robert argued bitterly about.  King Robert even repented on his deathbed.

In theory. However, it's simply the reality that if you leave a rival claimant, especially a child who can be moulded then the threat needs to be dealt with. 

53 minutes ago, Lord Lannister said:

Ser Pounce will protect his king! :unsure:

Along with Boots and Lady Whiskers! The true Kingsguard! 

8) The eldest brother, already plagued with responsibilities since his father died, decides to send his best friend to treat with the best friends father. He sends the mother to treat with another king. 

9) The elder sister is repeatedly beaten by her lover, her mentor does nothing to help her. The younger sister is beaten by the man who captured her. She makes friends with a fat boy, a blacksmith, a thin boy and a little girl. However the man who captured her is killed by the elder sister's lover's men. They kill the thin boy while the little girl escapes. 

10) The beautiful boy is mocked by two weasel boys who are sent by his mother as his friends. He then meets a frog boy and a frog girl. They become friends quickly. He also discovers his magical powers. However the eldest brother's best friend betrays them and captures the beautiful boy, his brother and his best friends.

11) The eldest brother upon receiving the shocking news finds comfort in arms of a girl who he makes his wife. This leads to another family abandoning him due to his mistake. The mother goes to the camp of the other king, the other king dies but the mother finds a beautiful woman and takes her in as her own. She gets the news about the beautiful boy's death and frees the dwarf's evil brother in hopes that the dwarf will free her daughter. 

12) The younger sister is repeatedly beaten by a evil man in a gigantic castles.She makes a new friend and uses him to kill the evil man. She then bravely escapes the gigantic castles with her remaining friend, killing a man in the process. The beautiful boy awakens in the ruins of their home with his best friends, their friends are all gone, the castle is nit dead but broken, just like him. 

13) The grandfather of the lover returns to the palace. There he and the rest of them force the elder sister to marry the vile dwarf. Meanwhile the younger sister having escaped with her friends find a old friend and his gang. They capture the younger sister and her friends and she learns to her sorrow that her father's man is no longer on their side. 

14) The beautiful boy and his friends escape to the north, there they rescue the beautiful boy's half brother on the way. The eldest son and the mother leave to make peace with a family which scorned them. 

15) The younger sister escapes but runs to the man who killed her best friend. The man kidnaps her and plans to sell her to her mother and sister. The eldest brother and the mother are betrayed. The eldest son is stabbed by his own friend. The mother loses her mind at this. In the end they cut her hair, and her throat. 

16) The younger sister escapes her kidnapper and goes to the friend she made in the big castle. The eldest sister escapes the palace with help of a friend. The beautiful boy meets a man who is best friends with a man they called brother in another life. He then leaves and finds his mentor. The elder sister meets the treacherous aunt. The aunt tries to murder her but she is mercifully saved by her friend. Her friend tells her that she will have a kind husband but for that, her innocent cousin will have to die. 

The end

21 hours ago, Lord Lannister said:

Hey, little Tommen didn't do anything to anyone! Let him live! 

The Darrys definitely seem tragic and just can't get a break. Lost half their lands in the rebellion, and then got traded back and forth how many times during the five kings war? Seems like there has to be some sort of payoff there given how much detail has been put into describing Darry and it's decline.

The heroic deeds of Ser Willem Darry have earned the survivors of that House a reward. Legitimize the illegitimate Darrys and give lordship over the Riverlands.  Bring the Tullys down for their part in the rebellion. 

6 minutes ago, Moiraine Sedai said:

The heroic deeds of Ser Willem Darry have earned the survivors of that House a reward. Legitimize the illegitimate Darrys and give lordship over the Riverlands.  Bring the Tullys down for their part in the rebellion. 

The Darrys definitely deserve that, after all they've suffered. Plus, Hoster (and the rest of STAB) come off as a bunch of ambitious lords who wanted in on the Lannister-Martell-Targaryen trio. 

3 minutes ago, Moiraine Sedai said:

Just now, Jaenara Belarys said:

The Darrys definitely deserve that, after all they've suffered. Plus, Hoster (and the rest of STAB) come off as a bunch of ambitious lords who wanted in on the Lannister-Martell-Targaryen trio. 

I mean... the surviving Darrys are all either married to Freys or daugthers of Freys. I'm sure they'll be very grateful for any rewards for their undying loyalty. <_<

48 minutes ago, Moiraine Sedai said:

Ami gatehouse Frey could change her name to her mother's and be lady Darry and rules Riverrun wisely :)

5 hours ago, Lord Lannister said:

I mean... the surviving Darrys are all either married to Freys or daugthers of Freys. I'm sure they'll be very grateful for any rewards for their undying loyalty. <_<

An annulment, perhaps? 

5 hours ago, EggBlue said:

Ami gatehouse Frey could change her name to her mother's and be lady Darry and rules Riverrun wisely :)

How's that? It's not like she's going to be respected. 

11 minutes ago, Jaenara Belarys said:

How's that? It's not like she's going to be respected. 

that was meant to be sarcasm. of course a person who's called GATEHOUSE AMI isn't going to be respected. (I am seriously starting to think my english is terrible :( ) but Ami ( if she doesn't have brothers) is her mother's heir who herself is the oldest Darry sister left and therefore legitimate Lady Darry. so Ami could end up inheriting Darry lands.

Archived