The tragedy of the starks

Daenerysthegreat

1 hour ago, EggBlue said:

that was meant to be sarcasm. of course a person who's called GATEHOUSE AMI isn't going to be respected. (I am seriously starting to think my english is terrible :( ) but Ami ( if she doesn't have brothers) is her mother's heir who herself is the oldest Darry sister left and therefore legitimate Lady Darry. so Ami could end up inheriting Darry lands.

Sometimes sarcasm doesn't translate well to text. I got the joke, but yeah all Ami has going for her really is being the daughter of the oldest surviving Darry child. Her marriage to Lancel is a sham and looks as if it's falling apart. Her dubious reputation aside, she and the other survivors of House Darry all have ties to the Freys. Hence my own joke of a victorious House Targaryen "rewarding" the Freys for their loyalty. 

20 hours ago, EggBlue said:

Ami gatehouse Frey could change her name to her mother's and be lady Darry and rules Riverrun wisely :)

I will forgive whatever Ami might have done in the past if she gives her complete loyalty to Dany and help in whatever way she can.  Lady Darry will be her title. 

14 minutes ago, Moiraine Sedai said:

I will forgive whatever Ami might have done in the past if she gives her complete loyalty to Dany and help in whatever way she can.  Lady Darry will be her title. 

That sounds great. She will pledge her loyalty to Dany and accept being lady paramount of the riverlands. Her child can marry edmure's. Though she will have to accept egg's reforms being reinstated

1 hour ago, Moiraine Sedai said:

yeah I agree, but actually I'm not even sure if there's anything to forgive. Ami didn't pick up a knife at the Red Wedding killing people nor made an alliance with the Lannisters . even her father wasn't one of the orchestrators of the Red Wedding. poor Ami's only sinful act was being a bit horny and sleeping with some knights which is of course not acceptable in Westeros but it's perfectly fine in 21st century mindset. 

1 hour ago, EggBlue said:

yeah I agree, but actually I'm not even sure if there's anything to forgive. Ami didn't pick up a knife at the Red Wedding killing people nor made an alliance with the Lannisters . even her father wasn't one of the orchestrators of the Red Wedding. poor Ami's only sinful act was being a bit horny and sleeping with some knights which is of course not acceptable in Westeros but it's perfectly fine in 21st century mindset. 

So true. Ami was a victim of her time. But also of a double standard. Lysa was even less discrete and was not criticized. Hosted was feared. Walder was not. Hoster would have punished any person who made fun of Lysa. Walder is a more reasonable man than Hoster. Walder is less cruel than his evil lord.

3 hours ago, Moiraine Sedai said:

So true. Ami was a victim of her time. But also of a double standard. Lysa was even less discrete and was not criticized. Hosted was feared. Walder was not. Hoster would have punished any person who made fun of Lysa. Walder is a more reasonable man than Hoster. Walder is less cruel than his evil lord.

Why do you hate Hoster? Also, Ami is literally an irrelevant granddaughter to a man who has like 500 progeny by now. Lysa Tully is literally the daughter of the Lord Paramount of the Trident and has like two other siblings. Walder literally does not give a fuck about Ami before she is betrothed to Lancel.

32 minutes ago, Brynden"Bloodraven" Rivers said:

Why do you hate Hoster? Also, Ami is literally an irrelevant granddaughter to a man who has like 500 progeny by now. Lysa Tully is literally the daughter of the Lord Paramount of the Trident and has like two other siblings. Walder literally does not give a fuck about Ami before she is betrothed to Lancel.

She seems to hate anyone that sided against the Targaryens.

I take issue more with Hoster's treatment of Lysa over the tansy tea scandal than his actions during the rebellion. 

On 10/18/2021 at 9:33 AM, Daenerysthegreat said:

It's not the full one this is just the first story. 

Jon Snow I've not included since he is a black brother and technically not a member of any family. 

Robb stark is tragic but not that tragic to enter the list. 

And why :D,  it's not funny. 

This is a tragedy.  It's not comedy.  Robb and Jon are tragic because their choices ended up hurting a lot of people.  We know about Robb betraying old Walder Frey.  Jon's love for his sister pushed him to betray his crow brothers at the watch.  The division it caused will make the watch weaker.  

11 minutes ago, Rondo said:

The division it caused will make the watch weaker.  

Not just weaken, but possibly destroy it. Jon made the wildlings submit to him to cross his wall, he is effectively their king, and a few crows tried to/ did murder him right after the wildings promised to fight by his side. castle black is gonna be a massacre. Shireen very well may die, especially if val has any say. most of the good crows were sent away by Jon already at least, so hopefully ed, grenn and pip survive. maybe satin and Arron and emrick survive by defending Jons body. I don't know. some above will probably have to die or it wont mean enough.

On 10/18/2021 at 8:57 AM, Daenerysthegreat said:

I just realized that the starks entire fate till now has been one big tragedy. Ill tell only the first book. I'll cover the rest later. 

1) A beautiful boy, dreams of becoming a knight. After becoming a knight he would protect the smallfolk and the innocent. He would win tourneys and crown his sisters queen of love and beauty. He would protect his king. His dreams seem to be coming true when the king arrives to take him and his family to the Royal Palace. But he suffers a fall and is horribly crippled, he can never become a knight now. 

2) The mother is kind and good but her sons fall leaves her in great distress. Her beautiful boy is dying and she can do nothing about it. Then a villain tries to murder her boy with her in the room. The attemped killing does get her out of the shock and she goes to warn her husband and her daughters despite her son having still not woken up. 

3) The elder sister and the younger sister both are happy with going to the Royal Palace. But the elder sister and younger sister and the elder sister's lover get into a fight. The younger sister's best friend is killed horribly. The elder sister loses her beloved pet, dear to her heart. 

4) The mother goes to the palace, there her childhood friend tells her that the evil dwarf attempted to kill her son. She then leaves the palace for home but on the way meets the evil dwarf. She captures him and takes him to her sister, the aunt. The vile dwarf uses treachery and gets her own man to turn against her. The vile dwarf then escapes justice. The aunt also abandons the mother. 

5) The elder sister and the younger sisters dreams are coming true in the palace, They can each do what they have always wanted to do. But their fathers adult matters force him to send them away. The elder sister tries to go to her mentor, her lover's mother, for help but is instead sent away to a tower by her mentor. Their father is arrested by the mentor and the lover. 

6) The younger sister escapes but is forced to kill a boy in order to survive. The younger sister is then forced to live on the cruel streets with cruel people. The elder sister pleads for her fathers life to her lover. Her mentor agrees but her lover murders her father. The younger sister also sees that and is captured by a man and put alongside evil people. The elder sister is then horribly beaten by her lover. 

7) The mother is devasted by the news. She and the brother win a battle against the vile dwarf's brother but it is too late, the father is already dead. The mothers plea for peace is denied and there is further conflict. The beautiful boy feels abandoned at the loss of his mother and his father. Everyone has left him. 

What do you guys think

You could look at it that way.  It is the tragedy of humans being presented in smaller, easily understood drama.  The Starks brought about their own downfall.  Catelyn, Jon, and Robb failed the people they were leading and ruling.  The ones who took them out had understandable reasons for killing them. 

On 10/18/2021 at 8:57 AM, Daenerysthegreat said:

I just realized that the starks entire fate till now has been one big tragedy. Ill tell only the first book. I'll cover the rest later. 

1) A beautiful boy, dreams of becoming a knight. After becoming a knight he would protect the smallfolk and the innocent. He would win tourneys and crown his sisters queen of love and beauty. He would protect his king. His dreams seem to be coming true when the king arrives to take him and his family to the Royal Palace. But he suffers a fall and is horribly crippled, he can never become a knight now. 

2) The mother is kind and good but her sons fall leaves her in great distress. Her beautiful boy is dying and she can do nothing about it. Then a villain tries to murder her boy with her in the room. The attemped killing does get her out of the shock and she goes to warn her husband and her daughters despite her son having still not woken up. 

3) The elder sister and the younger sister both are happy with going to the Royal Palace. But the elder sister and younger sister and the elder sister's lover get into a fight. The younger sister's best friend is killed horribly. The elder sister loses her beloved pet, dear to her heart. 

4) The mother goes to the palace, there her childhood friend tells her that the evil dwarf attempted to kill her son. She then leaves the palace for home but on the way meets the evil dwarf. She captures him and takes him to her sister, the aunt. The vile dwarf uses treachery and gets her own man to turn against her. The vile dwarf then escapes justice. The aunt also abandons the mother. 

5) The elder sister and the younger sisters dreams are coming true in the palace, They can each do what they have always wanted to do. But their fathers adult matters force him to send them away. The elder sister tries to go to her mentor, her lover's mother, for help but is instead sent away to a tower by her mentor. Their father is arrested by the mentor and the lover. 

6) The younger sister escapes but is forced to kill a boy in order to survive. The younger sister is then forced to live on the cruel streets with cruel people. The elder sister pleads for her fathers life to her lover. Her mentor agrees but her lover murders her father. The younger sister also sees that and is captured by a man and put alongside evil people. The elder sister is then horribly beaten by her lover. 

7) The mother is devasted by the news. She and the brother win a battle against the vile dwarf's brother but it is too late, the father is already dead. The mothers plea for peace is denied and there is further conflict. The beautiful boy feels abandoned at the loss of his mother and his father. Everyone has left him. 

What do you guys think

You might include Rickard and Brandon Stark.  They had ambitions to compete with the Targaryens for power.  It took 15 years but it also brought down their own fam.  Karma. 

On 10/18/2021 at 5:33 PM, Moiraine Sedai said:

So, before you all start playing violins for the Starks. Every family has suffered. The Targaryens have suffered the most. House Targaryen is down to one member of the family, Daenerys.  

The great house of Darry are gone.  Baelish killed Dontos.  Walder’s sons are being killed by outlaws.  Davos lost sons. The Starks have suffered less, given all the bad decisions of that family. Only Robb, Cat, and Ned have been confirmed dead. There are still too many Starks still alive.  George needs to trim and weed that patch. There’s too many of the wolves left alive. 

There’s no Olympic contest in suffering

Starks and Targaryens have a huge amount in common, not least their suffering at the hands of Tywin Lannister.

On 10/18/2021 at 4:18 PM, EggBlue said:

well duh!:D in fact all the Stark siblings' lives are tragic stories including the ones you missed out here( Robb , Jon and Rickon) and the generation before( Ned, Benjen , Lyanna and Brandon) 

Brandon Stark has always been such an awful person tbh. The black sheep of the Starks.

17 hours ago, Brynden"Bloodraven" Rivers said:

Hoster attacked the Goodbrooks and burned their village during the rebellion. 

3 minutes ago, Moiraine Sedai said:

Hoster attacked the Goodbrooks and burned their village during the rebellion. 

Tywin and Aerys have done much worse. They literally destroyed Duskendale because their lord rebelled against Aerys. Tywin annihilated all the small folk of Tarbeck and Reynes just because the Reynes didn’t pay their debts.

Archived