Football: Make us dream, Paulo

Raja

3 minutes ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

And wasteful Chelsea's donating a point to Burnley's relegation battle fund. Mighty generous. Havertz, Odoi and Barkley could/should've made it 2-0 easily. Now it's 1-1. Pope MOTM.

There could have been three or four goals TBH, but Burnley fought hard and came up with a pretty goal late in the game. They earned that point, much to my chagrin. 

13 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

There could have been three or four goals TBH, but Burnley fought hard and came up with a pretty goal late in the game. They earned that point, much to my chagrin. 

Well that's what happens when a good-but-limited manager meets a great manager. 

You kinda have to feel for Farke.

He got them back into the EPL twice. Norwich (wisely) decided, they wanted to build for the future and use most of their new found riches rather into infrastructure than into players. So their first EPL adventure resulted in the inevitable relegation. Farke himself said, that the promotion two years ago came too early, and that it would've taken a miracle to stay up. They rewon promotion immediately. Again parting with key players (Buendia was sold to Villa and Skipp returned to Spurs after his loan). They were again one of the top picks to drop, altho Farke himself they were better suited for the fight to stay up this year, than they were two years ago. Ultimately you could see the quality wasn't there afterall. Now Farke gets sacked after finally getting their first win of the season against Brentford.

The timing makes sense with the international break giving the new manager two weeks to prepare for the next game. Still harsh on Farke. I don't think another manager will be able to keep them in the EPL, and Farke was doing a reasonably good job within the constraints of the club. 

On 11/6/2021 at 11:17 PM, A Horse Named Stranger said:

ran decided to add some phallic symbol. Nothing to see. And yes, it's going up, not down - unlike Norwich.

The notifications are green and it's a...choice. I wonder if I can edit that.

On 11/6/2021 at 11:02 PM, polishgenius said:

Norwich reckon Dean Smith is gonna get the boot soon and they'd prefer to get a new manager sorted before Aston Villa come into competition for some of the same names. 

I dunno this seems an odd way of making decisions unless we think they are 100 percent going for the same person.

I still think, they have an agreement with one manager, which they will announce tomorrow. He then has the international break to get to know and work with the players. The international break and the maximum time to prepare for the next opponent, that's why they sacked him now. 

After that first half of Liverpool v West Ham, I am a bit confused about the officiating.

Surely referees have been protecting keepers from that sort of double-teaming over the past couple of decades?  Even when there is no foul whatsoever, contact with a keeper is usually whistled.

Similarly, the follow-through foul on Henderson - cleating a player in the knee after getting the ball is consistently a red card offense today, right?  But no call whatsoever; it was like being transported back to 1986.

Archived