Is Jon really who people think he is?

Falcon2909

On 10/23/2021 at 10:55 PM, Falcon2909 said:

If Jon Snow is truly Rhaegar's bastard son, then why doesn't he have dragon dreams, dreams about fire or flying? He only dreams about winterfell, weirwoods and the crypts and warging. Plus, he doesn't have a single physical targaryen feature. 

As you say, If.  If he is Rhaegar's son.  I do not think he is.  Robert, Jaime, and Cersei, were all intimately familiar with the Targaryens.  They saw Jon at Winterfell.  None of them noticed any physical similarities to the Targaryens.  None.  

I do not think he is the child of Wylla as many believe.  He could really be the child of Ned and Ashara.  

1 hour ago, Rondo said:

I do not think he is the child of Wylla as many believe.  He could really be the child of Ned and Ashara.  

More like only one person, that I've seen. <_<

1 hour ago, Rondo said:

As you say, If.  If he is Rhaegar's son.  I do not think he is.  Robert, Jaime, and Cersei, were all intimately familiar with the Targaryens.  They saw Jon at Winterfell.  None of them noticed any physical similarities to the Targaryens.  None.  

Cersei and Jaime, maybe. Robert.....I don't recall anything about him staying at court long enough to be familiar with Rhaegar's feature. Besides, it could be a small feature....ears, build, nose, little features on the face and personality. 

1 hour ago, Rondo said:

No all the Targaryens had their famous physical appearence: silver hair and purple eyes. When Targaryens married people from others Houses their childdren used had mixted appearance.

Aemon Targaryen, silver hair and purple eyes, married with Jocelyn Baratheon and their daughter Rhaenys had black hair.

Rhaenyra Targaryen, silver hair and purple eyes, but her first three children had brown hair and brown eyes.

Daeron Targaryen, silver hair and purple eyes, married Mariah Martell and their son Baelor had dark hair and dark eyes.

Aegon IV, silver hair and purple eyes, his son with his mistress Barba Bracken, Aegor Rivers, had black hair.

Rhaegar Targaryen, silver hair and purple eyes, married Elia Martell and their daughter Rhaenys looked more like a Martell.

Jon looks like Ned just like Arya, Arya also looks like Lyanna and Lyanna was Ned sister. Jon being Rhaegar and Lyanna's son doesn't mean he must look like a typical Targaryen, he could simply looks like his mother over his father.

9 hours ago, EggBlue said:

yes that is partly hatred of the nature of bastardhood but his very initial problem was with Ned and his shame.. so the way I see it his feelings could largely be resolved by knowing his parents and the status his real father had in mind for him.

Yes, emotional issues don't usually stay neatly segregated. In theory, hatred of bastardhood could be separate from Ned and his shame but, of course, the feelings tend to run together. If Jon finds out that Ned was protecting him then it might lead him to rethink all of it. A change in one deep emotion tends to have far reaching repercussions for most people.

Archived