UK Politics - BoJo Kool-Aid vs Project Fear Cocktail of Terror

A wilding

A lot of us have learned too, that if we want our personal donations to go to exactly the people and causes the money's intended to go to, to do it personally, not through an organization.  Look at the corruption the Red Cross fer pete's sake, was guilty of with Hurricane Katrina relief!  For a single instance.  People gave us, personally, over the weeks, nearly $25,000 because they knew we knew who to hand it to, personally, so it would get spread right into the communities, and done honestly.  And it was.  People are doing this now, again, for Haiti.  I will say it is humbling and scary to be that trusted by so many -- donors and recipients alike.

3 hours ago, Zorral said:

A lot of us have learned too, that if we want our personal donations to go to exactly the people and causes the money's intended to go to, to do it personally, not through an organization.  Look at the corruption the Red Cross fer pete's sake, was guilty of with Hurricane Katrina relief!  For a single instance.  People gave us, personally, over the weeks, nearly $25,000 because they knew we knew who to hand it to, personally, so it would get spread right into the communities, and done honestly.  And it was.  People are doing this now, again, for Haiti.  I will say it is humbling and scary to be that trusted by so many -- donors and recipients alike.

:(

I was at an international seminar in Omaha when Katrina hit and all of us put some money together and sent it to the Red Cross. Now 16 years later I am hearing that international sympathy and good will may have gone to waste? 

On a different topic, interesting: https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/evie-toombes-showjumper-with-spina-bifida-wins-millions-after-suing-gp-over-her-birth-h66cns30g

Evie Toombes: showjumper with spina bifida wins millions after suing GP over her birth

A showjumper with a spinal defect who said that she should never have been born has made legal history as a court ruled that she can claim millions in damages.

In a case that will have lasting implications for family doctors, Evie Toombes sued her mother’s GP over claims that if he had advised her properly, she would have postponed getting pregnant and her daughter would not have been born with spina bifida.

3 hours ago, Zorral said:

A lot of us have learned too, that if we want our personal donations to go to exactly the people and causes the money's intended to go to, to do it personally, not through an organization.

That’s an impractical venture for most people to try to engage in.

Again in terms of large-scale problems there’s only so much an individual could be expected to accomplish.

7 hours ago, Zorral said:

An enormous amount of what the wrong wing groups "donate" to are also scams of one sort and another, starting with taxes. 

There is a problem in general with most people not having a full grasp on the parameters of what the charity they’re actually does. 

Though I should reiterate I don’t think most of the causes conservatives donate to are bad; plenty are useful faucets of the community.

11 hours ago, The Anti-Targ said:

Now 16 years later I am hearing that international sympathy and good will may have gone to waste? 

https://www.nytimes.com/2006/03/24/us/nationalspecial/red-cross-sifting-internal-charges-over-katrina-aid.html

https://www.propublica.org/article/the-red-cross-secret-disaster

https://www.nbcnews.com/id/wbna10640252

https://www.baltimoresun.com/news/bs-xpm-2006-03-24-0603240330-story.html

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/4851428.stm

Just for starters. Nor was the Red Cross ever actually held accountable, or even made to provide restitution.  It was just like what happened with millions and billions of dollars in cash in Iraq, etc.  Just evaporated into the opaque atmosphere.  Heck of a job Brownie!

Richard Burgon is an absolute moron so this isn’t very surprising, but it’s amazing that anyone in Labour can still be making the same mistakes Corbyn used to in situations like this. 

JUST SAY THE BAD THING IS BAD!! That’s all that’s needed, no need to go ‘mmm yeah but America’ when people ask you these questions. Genocide is bad, say it’s bad.. move on.

Ladies and gentlemen, the Secretary of State for Justice:

You can bet that as soon as those words left his mouth, he knew he'd fucked up. I mean, we all know he's one of the worst they've got, an absolute waste of skin, but what an utterly absurd thing to say. The police don't investigate things retrospectively? WTF is this shit, Minority Report?

And shame on Marr. Again. For letting these cunts spout their lies and bullshit without challenge.

Patel isn't just dumb, she is plain evil.

Sorta persson how puts on a dominatrix outfit with combat boots to stomp on puppies for sexual gratification sorta evil. I don't think she does that, but it wouldn't surprise if she did.

19 hours ago, Derfel Cadarn said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-59539589

Michael Gove’s been up to his old tricks.

Not sure why a report’s beijg sent to the Met - they don’t deal with crimes that have already occurred apparently 

Fingers crossed Gove is first to lose his passport under the government's latest popularity drive. Or, I don't know, maybe the whole policy was cooked up as an elaborate way for BJ to revenge himself on Gove for the treachery in the leadership contest. 

29 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

It'd be funny though. 

Michael Eggbert Gove, you have been found guilty of hard partying. Do you have anything to say?

"Ooooooooh, please don't take my passport, Your Honour. The Grooverider has a residency in Ibiza this summer. I just bought some arseless chaps."

Andrew Neil threatens to sue Jennifer Arcuri after tweet about Epstein

Andrew Neil says he has launched legal action against Jennifer Arcuri, the US businesswoman and former lover of Boris Johnson, after she made claims about the veteran journalist’s inclusion in a contact book owned by the deceased paedophile Jeffrey Epstein.

In a public spat that started with a disagreement over the effectiveness of Covid-19 vaccines, Arcuri tagged the former BBC presenter in a now-deleted tweet that read: “Citation for @afneil: Not only is he a paid for pharma puppet but here he is on the pedo elite train. Everyone knows what happened on that plane.” Alongside were the hashtags #itsOver and #ticktock, a picture of Neil arm in arm with a woman, and a screengrab from Epstein’s address book purportedly showing Neil’s name.

Neil wrote in response: “I have clicked to follow you. Please DM your address/contact details so my lawyers can serve legal papers against you for this clear libel and defamation. I’ve instructed the papers to be drawn up now. All those tweeting support for and spreading her tweet will also be served.”

To this, Arcuri responded: “You really are threatened by me @afneil. Thank you for confirming. Now the world sees exactly what you are.”

Neil, who was chairman of GB News until he resigned this summer, replied to Arcuri again, writing: “I will not engage in a public Twitter spat with you, though every subsequent tweet you make just makes it worse. Please just DM your address to me so we can begin the necessary legal action against you. Thank you.”

There is no way he sues. Not in a million years.

Archived