UK Politics - BoJo Kool-Aid vs Project Fear Cocktail of Terror

A wilding

2 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

Imagine how much you have to hate yourself to eat there. I wish he charged triple. 

If I ever become rich enough to spunk thirty-seven grand to let a guy in a v-neck t-shirt dribble urine-infused rock salt down his arm and onto my dinner, one thing I won't be doing is spunking thirty-seven grand to let a guy in a v-neck t-shirt dribble urine-infused rock salt down his arm and onto my dinner.

12 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

So fireworks on Halloween are a thing now? Seriously, fuck these fucking things. The sooner they are banned the better. Puppy is terrified. 

They started here couple days ago, not many yet thankfully. Got a 3 year old and two rabbits.

58 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

So fireworks on Halloween are a thing now? Seriously, fuck these fucking things. The sooner they are banned the better. Puppy is terrified. 

On the Saturdays either side of Halloween, as well as Halloween itself, or any dry night around the 31st.  And, hey, why not just keep going until some vague date near the 5th November?  :bang:

Hate the blummin' things.  I'd happily ban all sales to individuals.

Hope everyone's animals are OK.  Our bunnies are quite robust (for rabbits) and I still worry every Fireworks Night.

9 hours ago, Spockydog said:

You can bet your gold-flecked turds floating in the bog that she'll be claiming it on expenses.

Fair play to the little salty dude, though. He comes from really humble beginnings and is making a whole bunch of rich and famous idiots look like the prize fucking turnips they are for allowing themselves to be fleeced in this manner.

I have to say that the bouncing the salt of the elbow thing is not entirely without practical benefit, it does ensure a broader and more even distribution of salt over the meal...and the rest of the table, and the floor.

16 hours ago, Derfel Cadarn said:

They started here couple days ago, not many yet thankfully. Got a 3 year old and two rabbits.

There were quite a lot last night. What I don't understand is most of my neighbours have dogs and cats. Why are they letting these things off whilst their animals are being traumatized? Bizarre.

Luckily, puppy's fear of them was surprisingly short-lived. At one point, she was out in the garden, sitting down, watching them going off all around. She is weird dog.

22 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

LOL at these morons. Can't wait to see how they plan to implement this.

They don't. Going off past performance by this government, the bill itself will contain no such measures, even while the Conservative front bench insist that it does. 

17 hours ago, Spockydog said:

Should ban the sale of fireworks above a certain Db level.
Plenty of silent options available

22 hours ago, Spockydog said:

You can bet your gold-flecked turds floating in the bog that she'll be claiming it on expenses.

Fair play to the little salty dude, though. He comes from really humble beginnings and is making a whole bunch of rich and famous idiots look like the prize fucking turnips they are for allowing themselves to be fleeced in this manner.

This seems relevant: 

1 hour ago, mormont said:

They don't. Going off past performance by this government, the bill itself will contain no such measures, even while the Conservative front bench insist that it does. 

They might as well announce that they've found a magical new way to turn base metals into purest green. 

18 hours ago, Spockydog said:

Seems like it. I heard them for a good 30 minutes last night.

The last few years I've seen fireworks in my area going on for a few day at least during the Christmas season. 2020 it seemed there was always somebody somewhere setting them off the entire Christmas week. Sometimes near, sometimes further away. Pets were horrified. 

2 hours ago, Maltaran said:

Someone set a couple off here an hour ago. Seriously, who sets off fireworks in the daytime?

When I moved to my old flat in Glasgow 21 years ago, it was actually worse as fireworks were easier to buy.

It was like a warzone, day and night. Not as bad now

Archived