Who Could We See Come Back as Ice Wights or maybe even White Walkers in ADOS?

When the Others invade Westeros, we are going to see a lot of previously dead characters come back as undead to invade Westeros. Who do you think could come back as Ice Wights in ADOS or maybe even TWOW?For me, the coolest Ice Wights would be Renly in his green armor to come back and haunt Loras and maybe even fight him near KL, a rotting corpse of Tywin to lead some wights against Tyrion, UnGreyRobb to kill Walder Frey and Rhaegar Targaryen back from the grave in his black armor to come after Cersei or Varys. 

I guess Jojen can't come back because Bran ate him.  Hodor is still up for grabs.  Varamyr's prologue chapter seems to foreshadow some kind of consequence when a human that has been warged turns into an ice wight, which bodes ill for Hodor.

The thought occurs to me that Cregan Karstark is destined to be an Ice Wight, though I'm not sure I want to explain that train of thought.

There's this whole Fire Wight thing going on in the South, but I guess we're not considering that. But you did mention RobbWind, and I would expect RobbWind to be in the FireWight category.

7 minutes ago, Mister Smikes said:

I guess Jojen can't come back because Bran ate him.  Hodor is still up for grabs.  Varamyr's prologue chapter seems to foreshadow some kind of consequence when a human that has been warged turns into an ice wight, which bodes ill for Hodor.

The thought occurs to me that Cregan Karstark is destined to be an Ice Wight, though I'm not sure I want to explain that train of thought.

There's this whole Fire Wight thing going on in the South, but I guess we're not considering that. But you did mention RobbWind, and I would expect RobbWind to be in the FireWight category.

How would RobbWind be in the FireWight category and who would resurrect him? That would be pretty cool.

13 minutes ago, Brynden"Bloodraven" Rivers said:

How would RobbWind be in the FireWight category and who would resurrect him? That would be pretty cool.

Well, according to Lem, Stoneheart wants her son back (and failing that, to kill Freys and Lannisters).  We already saw UnBeric, a Fire Wight, raise Stoneheart.  The next logical step is for Stoneheart, a fire wight, to raise the RobbWind mummy.  She could either do it herself, or order Thoros to do it.  I don't think the real Catelyn would want this, but Stoneheart is not human.

14 hours ago, Brynden"Bloodraven" Rivers said:

When the Others invade Westeros, we are going to see a lot of previously dead characters come back as undead to invade Westeros. Who do you think could come back as Ice Wights in ADOS or maybe even TWOW?For me, the coolest Ice Wights would be Renly in his green armor to come back and haunt Loras and maybe even fight him near KL, a rotting corpse of Tywin to lead some wights against Tyrion, UnGreyRobb to kill Walder Frey and Rhaegar Targaryen back from the grave in his black armor to come after Cersei or Varys. 

Jon Snow and the frozen bodies of the Kings of Winter.  The KoW will attack the Boltons from within. Jon will haunt them from outside the walls while calling for Arya. 

I hope no one (not an Arya pun). We've already had Small Paul and this is the kind of thing that loses its impact fast. A shambling half shattered Dolorous Ed (just for instance) complaining about the wind whistling through his exposed ribs might bring a smile for a moment or two, but just like anyone else working in the (never say 'zombie') realm of walking corpses Martin has to keep things from getting comical. As soon as we laugh at a zombie the spell is broken and it all becomes schlock. 

15 hours ago, Mister Smikes said:

Well, according to Lem, Stoneheart wants her son back (and failing that, to kill Freys and Lannisters).  We already saw UnBeric, a Fire Wight, raise Stoneheart.  The next logical step is for Stoneheart, a fire wight, to raise the RobbWind mummy.  She could either do it herself, or order Thoros to do it.  I don't think the real Catelyn would want this, but Stoneheart is not human.

RobbWind would be awesome. You just see him with a wolf head killing Freys left and right but I feel that would a violation of Robb's body. I don't think Robb actually wanted to come back to life. He accepted his death during the chapter.

28 minutes ago, Aejohn the Conqueroo said:

I hope no one (not an Arya pun). We've already had Small Paul and this is the kind of thing that loses its impact fast. A shambling half shattered Dolorous Ed (just for instance) complaining about the wind whistling through his exposed ribs might bring a smile for a moment or two, but just like anyone else working in the (never say 'zombie') realm of walking corpses Martin has to keep things from getting comical. As soon as we laugh at a zombie the spell is broken and it all becomes schlock. 

I don't think this will be funny in any sort of way. The wights of the dead will come back to haunt the protagonists of their failures and maybe even kill some of the protagonists. For example, the wight of Viserys Targaryen coming back to haunt Daenerys for failing to protect him.

33 minutes ago, Brynden"Bloodraven" Rivers said:

I don't think this will be funny in any sort of way. The wights of the dead will come back to haunt the protagonists of their failures and maybe even kill some of the protagonists. For example, the wight of Viserys Targaryen coming back to haunt Daenerys for failing to protect him.

Yeah but this happens in dreams already. We know Dany has doubts and we know that she has mixed feelings about her unmourned brother's death at her much mourned husband's hands. Do you see an UnViserys actually credibly threatening the life of Dany? Maybe 'funny' isn't the right word, but it would be a tedious scene that we can all see the end of without it even beginning because whatever end Martin's got in mind for Dany, we can be confident that it isn't getting killed by her brother's angry corpse.  

21 hours ago, Mister Smikes said:

I guess Jojen can't come back because Bran ate him. 

Can someone explain the Jojenpaste Theory? It sounds ridiculous, but I've developed a curiosity on it.  

My opinions: Quite a few people at Hardhome. Some of the NW's men. Maybe Stannis and his army if they have to turn around after taking Winterfell to defend against the AotD. 

• 4 weeks later...

Besides all the dead Stark kings and lords in the crypts of Winterfell?

I'd say Tywin Lannister.

He's buried at Casterly Rock and that's where Cersei (and likely Jaime, if he survives) will be in A Dream of Spring. It ulimately depends on how sentient he is but there's a reckoning coming.

Another one I'd talk about would be Rhaegar Targaryen or Elia Martell. Queen Rhaella?

On 10/24/2021 at 8:55 PM, Brynden"Bloodraven" Rivers said:

First to come back as a wight will be Jon Snow. 

I've been expecting some sort of glimpse of Cotter Pyke or other brothers sent to aid the Wildlings during a skirmish at the Wall.  A quick glimpse is all we need to know what happened at Hardhome.

If/When the dead Starks in the crypts rise, it will be interesting to see Lyanna or Brandon.  Other more recent deaths/more recognizable wights could include Little Walder, anyone who falls during the battle between Stannis and the Boltons, the spearwives with Mance, Roose if Ramsey kills him, same with Fat Walda and their baby.

There's others the further south you go.  The idea of a wight Joffrey is somewhat terrifying.  Robert could be a candidate, as well.  Tywin and Renly, too.  Ned's bones are still missing, but could people fight a wight and know it's him or would there be a hint simply for us readers about a headless skeleton wight in grey?

On 10/25/2021 at 8:37 PM, Jaenara Belarys said:

Can someone explain the Jojenpaste Theory? It sounds ridiculous, but I've developed a curiosity on it.  

Noticed this far too late. The short version is the paste Bran's given in his last chapter of Dance to eat from the weirwood tree, that he thought tastes of blood, was Jojen who was killed as a sacrifice of some sorts(or sacrificed himself) to help enhance Bran's visions.

On 10/24/2021 at 8:55 PM, Brynden"Bloodraven" Rivers said:

The frozen kings of winter, Tywin, Rhaegar, Renly had to have gone past their thaw by date.  Certainly Jon Snow and many others who are corpses in the north will be coming back as ice wights. 

15 hours ago, Lord Lannister said:

Noticed this far too late. The short version is the paste Bran's given in his last chapter of Dance to eat from the weirwood tree, that he thought tastes of blood, was Jojen who was killed as a sacrifice of some sorts(or sacrificed himself) to help enhance Bran's visions.

Ah, so the usual batch of crackpot? (Thanks for the explanation).

Archived