Trying to contact a specific person in the fandom. Help, please?

AnDarach

Hello!

I'm here on behalf of an autistic teen, Cían, who has a special interest in maps associated with ASoIaF/GoT. I'm trying to get in touch with someone who goes (or used to go) by the pseudonymn "Ser Mountain Goat," or at least they did in the broader fandom at some point. I tried to contact them through a web form associated with their interactive ASoIaF/GoT map but haven't received a reply. Since their .co.uk website is no longer functional, I have to wonder if the address even works anymore.

Is Ser Mountain Goat here? Actively? Does anyone know of a way I could connect with them? Though SMG's map is speculative and some of those speculations have since been proven incorrect, it remains Cían's favorite map by far and I'd love to help him fulfill his quest.

As an aside, does anyone here know of where I might get my hands on good, labeled digital maps of Oldtown or Lannisport? "Good" here is relative, and of course I would expect that any such maps would be speculative. The best of what's around is fine. I just figured there might be resources that don't pop right up on a Google image search.

Thanks so much in advance for your assistance!

Be well,

AnDarach

@AnDarach

Hi there. Ser Mountain Goat has not been around in ages, but I've sent a query out to some fellow fans who may have had more recent contact with him and may be able to get in touch with him.

Unfortunately, I know of no particularly detailed maps of Oldtown and Lannisport. But there are Other-in-law's fun pictorial maps, for Oldtown, Lannisport, and many other places and cities as found here.

1 hour ago, AnDarach said:

Is Ser Mountain Goat here? Actively? Does anyone know of a way I could connect with them? Though SMG's map is speculative and some of those speculations have since been proven incorrect, it remains Cían's favorite map by far and I'd love to help him fulfill his quest.

He's not posted much in recent years but @theMountainGoat is his username on here.

Did someone light up the goat signal?

I have not been around so much the last few years, but I still drop by to lurk every now and then. I can confirm that I am still alive and thanks to Ran and William for the shout outs, hello all.

Thanks for getting in touch @AnDarach and I'm glad Cían loves the map. It should be noted that I am not the original creator of that map and all credit for the art style should go to Tear. I remixed his original artwork to fix some of the problems with locations in Westeros and added the speculative areas of Essos (which of course were immediately proved wrong when the first official maps came out just a couple of months after I finished my map).

I didn't realise that my website was no longer functioning. I have not stopped by to check on it in some time. Probably something to do with a recent PHP upgrade on the host server. I should really find the time to do some maintenance.

I will send a Private Message to you and see if I can help with this quest you mentioned, thanks.

Archived