NFL Week 8 Bungals King of the Jungles

l2 0 5 5

I said back on draft night that Cincy were thinking with their johnsons instead of their heads when drafting Chase over Sewell.

I'm here to eat crow. 

A world with Cincy flying so high and my beloved Steelers floating to the bottom of the Mon River...

And yes, I hope the title of this thread is the kiss of death. Enjoy @Nictarion @Mexal

39 minutes ago, l2 0 5 5 said:

I said back on draft night that Cincy were thinking with their johnsons instead of their heads when drafting Chase over Sewell.

I'm here to eat crow. 

A world with Cincy flying so high and my beloved Steelers floating to the bottom of the Mon River...

And yes, I hope the title of this thread is the kiss of death. Enjoy @Nictarion @Mexal

I will say that way back when the week 2 thread was made and I poked fun at Aaron Rodgers... that thread subtitle did not age well.  I hope for the sake of our local Bengals fans that your thread title ages better!  :lol: 

"There's not a booster with a big enough blank check."  :lol:   Love it.

"Anybody asking Sean Payton stuff like that?  Anybody asking Andy Reid stuff like that?"

I really like Grumpy Tomlin I think!

1 hour ago, l2 0 5 5 said:

I'm here to eat crow. 

We got the Jets this week. Should be interesting to see if there is a let down though with Burrow, Chase and this defense, hard to see how that'll happen.

Thing that everyone missed on draft day that wanted us to draft Sewell over Chase was we had Jonah Williams who we picked 11th overall the year before, Reilly Reiff who we signed to play RT and really poor separation from our WRs. Drafting Sewell really wouldn't have solved our guard issues or separation issues and we could get a guard in the 2nd, which we did. I'm not sure many people thought Chase would be this good, this fast, but he's exactly the player we saw at LSU and that's exciting.

10 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Really don't get why the Dolphins are doing this, but this is why bad franchises with shit owners tend to be consistently trash.

If you can get him cheap... and if the legal troubles get cleared up... and if he isn't suspended too long... 

Well then you have yourself a steal.

31 minutes ago, Rhom said:

If you can get him cheap... and if the legal troubles get cleared up... and if he isn't suspended too long... 

Well then you have yourself a steal.

It's simply not worth the PR hit. It would be one thing to sign him if he was cut and suspended for a year, but to trade what I assume is multiple first round picks demonstrates that you're willing to offer real value to a guy who has over 20 accusers of improper behavior to sexual assault. I'd expect employees to walk out over that.

11 minutes ago, Rhom said:

NFL's investigation into Washington Football Team won't be released...

I think the only proper follow up to that initial headline is "Unless you called Roger Goodell mean names."

They're never going to willingly release anything. To do so would probably expose the NFL to more negative PR than Weinstein and Miramax got.

3 hours ago, Rhom said:

NFL's investigation into Washington Football Team won't be released...

I think the only proper follow up to that initial headline is "Unless you called Roger Goodell mean names."

This is just a repeat of how The Ginger Hammer treated all the Spygate stuff up in New England, where he instructed the investigators to just destroy all the binders and videotape and so on of the Steelers and Ravens' playbooks, practices, etc. and declare the investigation finished.

Find out bad stuff, hand out some slaps on the wrist to your bosses, declare justice served, move on, nothing to see here.

Roger Goodell is just a shield for the owners.

8 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Roger Goodell is just a shield for the owners.

To be fair that's like priority one, two and three of every sports league commissioner. In this instance his job is to brazenly lie to protect Snyder, and what that should probably tell us is Snyder is tight with enough owners to block Rog's next contract. If more than 2/3rds of the owners wanted him gone, Snyder would be gone. 

16 hours ago, Lord Patrek said:

Just because it's been a while since I could say this:

How 'bout them Cowboys!?! :box:

GRRM, eat your heart out! :P

Of course, by posting this I'm probably jinxing the whole thing. . . :unsure:

Yes you are! Now they will lose by 30 tonight

On 10/27/2021 at 9:02 AM, Tywin et al. said:

It's simply not worth the PR hit. It would be one thing to sign him if he was cut and suspended for a year, but to trade what I assume is multiple first round picks demonstrates that you're willing to offer real value to a guy who has over 20 accusers of improper behavior to sexual assault. I'd expect employees to walk out over that.

They're never going to willingly release anything. To do so would probably expose the NFL to more negative PR than Weinstein and Miramax got.

True.  But they opened the door themselves when for whatever reason they leaked the Gruden emails.

4 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

True.  But they opened the door themselves when for whatever reason they leaked the Gruden emails.

If you think this is about Gruden you're missing the point. Allen is who the hit was on.

1 minute ago, Cas Stark said:

I am missing the point.  Gruden is the one who is out of a job and in disgrace. 

Gruden is a B player in this game. Allen was an executive head at WFT for a decade, the last few years leading the team, and Snyder is trying to pin all the bad shit on him. That's why he's on all the emails that leaked. 

Archived