NFL Week 8 Bungals King of the Jungles

l2 0 5 5

So if you muff a punt on the 12 and your team mate covers the ball on the -8, is down by contact and then rolls out the back of the end zone, you get to start 8 yards ahead of the 12.  Does that seem right to you?

10 hours ago, Lord Patrek said:

Well, well, well. . . They sit out Dak and the Cowboys win the game! :cheers:

Sitting pretty at the top of the NFC East. Weakest division in football, but still! ;) 

Yeppers, I had no faith last night, that is one they normally lose. Yes the East is weak, but they are beating non division foes also. Road wins against SD and Minn.

Also, they are saying Derrick Henry might be out for the year, that would be a big blow.

Rams trade a second and third rounder for von Miller.  That's a pretty nice haul for Denver on a guy that is his age.  Nonetheless, Denver's sb run demonstrated how much a second veteran pass rusher can help the #1 guy.  Now it's Miller playing second fiddle, and that will be hard stop.

1 minute ago, dbunting said:

Henry Ruggs involved in DUI with a fatality, being charged as such.

If convicted, that's a minimum two year, maximum twenty year prison sentence in Nevada, and not eligible for probation.  If he's convicted and doesn't plead down or something, he will serve at least two years.

39 minutes ago, briantw said:

If convicted, that's a minimum two year, maximum twenty year prison sentence in Nevada, and not eligible for probation.  If he's convicted and doesn't plead down or something, he will serve at least two years.

Had to go back to check and damn, Donte Stallworth only served 24 days (plus a ton of other side stuff) for DUI manslaughter. Pays to commit crimes in FL, I guess.

3 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Had to go back to check and damn, Donte Stallworth only served 24 days (plus a ton of other side stuff) for DUI manslaughter. Pays to commit crimes in FL, I guess.

So the difference in Stallworth's case was that, while he was intoxicated, a pedestrian stepped out in front of his car.  That was a major factor in the sentence he got, I'd imagine.  He was impaired, but even unimpaired he may not have been able to avoid what happened.

Ruggs rear-ended a vehicle, and thus was from a legal standpoint entirely at fault, so if he's impaired chances are he's pretty well fucked. 

1 hour ago, Nictarion said:

So apparently OBJ’s father put out a video on IG showing a bunch of clips of Baker missing throws to him. I can’t imagine how awkward that locker room must be right now…

The Browns are a shit show right now.  But hey, still .500, so basically the second best Browns team of the past two to three decades.  Baker's injury has really made his future in the NFL murky, though.  I was all in on Baker heading into this season, but it's tough to say what's going to happen going forward.  This was the year he needed to prove he was worth a big contract, and thanks to his shoulder injury we're no clearer on that issue than we were two months ago.

Maybe they just say fuck it and trade for Rodgers or Wilson this spring.  I expect one if not both to be available, and the Browns have a team built to win now and their main limitation at the moment is their QB play.  It'd be one thing if Baker had established himself as a top ten guy before the injury, but he was merely on the cusp of doing so.

13 minutes ago, briantw said:

So the difference in Stallworth's case was that, while he was intoxicated, a pedestrian stepped out in front of his car.  That was a major factor in the sentence he got, I'd imagine.  He was impaired, but even unimpaired he may not have been able to avoid what happened.

Ruggs rear-ended a vehicle, and thus was from a legal standpoint entirely at fault, so if he's impaired chances are he's pretty well fucked. 

Not only was Ruggs driving impaired, he reportedly was driving his Corvette at an insanely high speed when he hit her. Apparently the 23 year old victim burned to death while trapped in her vehicle. Just absolutely awful. I hope they come down hard on him. 

21 minutes ago, briantw said:

There certainly are differences in the cases, but differences in state laws are what's important. Interestingly FL has harsher mandatory minimums and Stallworth would have qualified for them. Perhaps the law changed since then.

8 minutes ago, Nictarion said:

Not only was Ruggs driving impaired, he reportedly was driving his Corvette at an insanely high speed when he hit her. Apparently the 23 year old victim burned to death while trapped in her vehicle. Just absolutely awful. I hope they come down hard on him. 

He's received a second felony charge, so at best it's three years in jail, but it's unlikely he'll get both minimums. I suspect he's going to be in jail for a long time and his career is likely over.

I still don't get why any of these pro-athletes ever find themselves in these situations. If I owned/ran a team I'd have several drivers on call at all times for players, coaches and front office officials. 

5 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

I still don't get why any of these pro-athletes ever find themselves in these situations. If I owned/ran a team I'd have several drivers on call at all times for players, coaches and front office officials. 

I believe the NFLPA has a deal set up with Uber for just this purpose, and that most NFL teams have a 24 hour service set up for players. There’s really no excuse. 

8 minutes ago, Quijote Light said:

I believe the NFLPA has a deal set up with Uber for just this purpose, and that most NFL teams have a 24 hour service set up for players. There’s really no excuse. 

That's smart if true, but even above and beyond that I'd want a private detail. These teams all have cleaners on their payrolls anyways, and you wouldn't want your star player to get into an Uber all coked out or some shit. 

The problem isn't money or fame it's the person or their mental make up. Some people refuse to believe they are impaired and ask for help. They can be stumbling blind drunk and still in their mind be ok to drive. No amount of resources short of a babysitter can change that.

Archived