NFL Week 8 Bungals King of the Jungles

l2 0 5 5

52 minutes ago, dbunting said:

The problem isn't money or fame it's the person or their mental make up. Some people refuse to believe they are impaired and ask for help. They can be stumbling blind drunk and still in their mind be ok to drive. No amount of resources short of a babysitter can change that.

It's also just simple cognitive development. The last part of the brain to fully develop happens to be the part that governs decision making, among other things, and for the average person that takes about 25 years. This is probably more about being young and dumb than rich and famous. 

He was allegedly driving 156 mph.  That is insane even if sober in the day time.  Once when I was young and stupid I cranked the car up to about 118 on a country road and it was scary even then, at the age when nothing is scary.  On occasion today I will end up cruising along at 90's before I realize how fast I'mgoing.   But, 156?  While drunk? At night?

He's going to jail and this is almost nothing like the Donte Stallworth situation.

I can't believe folks aren't going in on this.

Aaron Rodgers really, really fucked up and should be punished way more than he is. Apparently he considered himself 'immune' by taking unproved and unauthorized alternate treatments (likely horse dewormer), tried to get that treated as unvaccinated, and then just...didn't bother with all the protocols.

And now he has covid. 

Aaron Rodgers has covid and according to multiple sources, he is unvaccinated. This despite the fact he told reporters in August that he was "immunized". Apparently he has been wearing a mask while inside team facilities but he hasn't been on the sidelines or while talking to reporters. So clearly the Packers knew. https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/11/03/aaron-rodgers-was-secretly-unvaccinated/

He will be out this week and will be unable to return a week from Saturday at the earliest. I think he needs to be suspended if he been violating protocols. Florio has more on it. https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/11/03/matt-lafleur-packers-have-followed-all-covid-protocols/

1 hour ago, Cas Stark said:

He was allegedly driving 156 mph.  That is insane even if sober in the day time.  Once when I was young and stupid I cranked the car up to about 118 on a country road and it was scary even then, at the age when nothing is scary.  On occasion today I will end up cruising along at 90's before I realize how fast I'mgoing.   But, 156?  While drunk? At night?

He's going to jail and this is almost nothing like the Donte Stallworth situation.

Definitely nothing like Stallworth.  Driving at double the BAC limit, driving 156 MPH, and with a loaded gun in the vehicle.

He done.

1 hour ago, Cas Stark said:

I once got close to that speed in my early 20's. The scary part wasn't so much going that fast, but what I did to slow down. Stupidly I lightly tapped the breaks rather than coasting out and wheel shook violently. For a second I was terrified that the car was going to jerk causing it to roll. I probably would have died given that it was in the middle of nowhere and it's possible no one would have found the car for hours. Never did anything dumb like that ever again.

36 minutes ago, Trebla said:

Aaron Rodgers has covid and according to multiple sources, he is unvaccinated. This despite the fact he told reporters in August that he was "immunized". Apparently he has been wearing a mask while inside team facilities but he hasn't been on the sidelines or while talking to reporters. So clearly the Packers knew. https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/11/03/aaron-rodgers-was-secretly-unvaccinated/

He will be out this week and will be unable to return a week from Saturday at the earliest. I think he needs to be suspended if he been violating protocols. Florio has more on it. https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/11/03/matt-lafleur-packers-have-followed-all-covid-protocols/

For such a smart guy Rodgers does seem to have a case of internet brain rot. He's said things over the years that kind of making view him as a smarter, better at masking it version of Kyrie. 

And I agree he should get suspended after he's eligible to return.

1 minute ago, Lord Patrek said:

Now that all this has gone public, I think that the NFL will have no choice but to suspend Rodgers. A fine would simply be a slap on the wrist.

HAHAHHA

HAHA

Heh

Yeah, the NFL is going to suspend the MVP QB of a team that is leading the NFC. 

Well, they've been taking covid more seriously than I ever thought they would. And Rodgers did violate protocols.

I'm a Green Bay fan, so the fan in me doesn't want him to get suspended. But if you let that go, then what constitutes grounds for suspending a player that violates covid protocols??

10 minutes ago, Lord Patrek said:

Well, they've been taking covid more seriously than I ever thought they would. And Rodgers did violate protocols.

I'm a Green Bay fan, so the fan in me doesn't want him to get suspended. But if you let that go, then what constitutes grounds for suspending a player that violates covid protocols??

Whatever they want! If you're a shitty player on a shitty team, sure you'll get suspended. If you're someone like Rodgers? Pfft, rules don't apply.

5 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

You could argue this is worse than what Ol’ Tommy Watermelons did considering this time we know the QB is guilty.

Maybe! Except this has almost nothing to do with competitiveness, and everything to do with safety - and people care fuckall about shit like that.

I mean, sure, it's worse than a player beating a woman or something, but comparing it to deflating balls? Not even close

1 hour ago, Kalsandra said:

Maybe! Except this has almost nothing to do with competitiveness, and everything to do with safety - and people care fuckall about shit like that.

I mean, sure, it's worse than a player beating a woman or something, but comparing it to deflating balls? Not even close

Almost nothing? That lyin' cheesehead cost us a showdown between arguably the two most talented QBs ever. Burn him at the stake!

1 hour ago, Kalsandra said:

Whatever they want! If you're a shitty player on a shitty team, sure you'll get suspended. If you're someone like Rodgers? Pfft, rules don't apply.

Kind of like how last year when the Ravens had a covid outbreak the NFL moved heaven and earth to accommodate them, but when it happened to several other teams they were basically told to fuck off and play through it.

16 minutes ago, briantw said:

Kind of like how last year when the Ravens had a covid outbreak the NFL moved heaven and earth to accommodate them, but when it happened to several other teams they were basically told to fuck off and play through it.

Yep, pretty much.

How the hell did the Bengals lose to that Jets team?  

24 minutes ago, DMC said:

So anyone got a hot take on where Beckham ends up?

Niners might claim him on waivers.  If he clears, my guess is Packers.  They desperately need a WR2.

Archived