NFL Week 8 Bungals King of the Jungles

l2 0 5 5

5 minutes ago, briantw said:

Niners might claim him on waivers.

Saw them mentioned in ESPN's list of potential destination.  Niners are 12th on the waiver wire.  Seahawks are in front of them..

20 minutes ago, DMC said:

Saw them mentioned in ESPN's list of potential destination.  Niners are 12th on the waiver wire.  Seahawks are in front of them..

Is he really a fit on the Seahawks though?  They already have two well established receivers.  

I would think Green Bay or Kansas City would be far more likely give that both have a glaring need for a second receiver.

1 minute ago, briantw said:

Is he really a fit on the Seahawks though?  They already have two well established receivers.  

I dunno, they were listed in the ESPN article (the other four were the Raiders, Saints, Panthers, and Packers).  Plus it's the Seahawks and I hate them so of course they're gonna get him.  

The Saints tried to trade for him but couldn't reach a deal, so if he slips to them, it's safe to assume they'll claim him.  But I don't think he'll get that far. 

It is pretty amazing how far his career has fallen since his first couple years.  He was a top 3 WR in his first three years in the league (1,300+ yards and 10+ touchdowns every year).  Since then...5 years of injuries, drama and mediocre production. 

1 minute ago, Maithanet said:

The Saints tried to trade for him but couldn't reach a deal, so if he slips to them, it's safe to assume they'll claim him.  But I don't think he'll get that far. 

It is pretty amazing how far his career has fallen since his first couple years.  He was a top 3 WR in his first three years in the league (1,300+ yards and 10+ touchdowns every year).  Since then...5 years of injuries, drama and mediocre production. 

Pretty sure the Saints deal fell through because Odell didn’t want to go there, so they’d probably be looking at another Michael Thomas situation if they claimed him.

7 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

So if a terrible team picks him up, are his only options to sign anyway or not play this year?  Because the odds are good that whoever claims him is not going to be who he wants to play for. 

He could be a malcontent, which is something most bad teams probably don’t want to deal with. 

We just saw what he did with the Browns, using his dad to post a video attacking Mayfield and then having a bunch of his high profile athlete friends like LeBron start posting #freeOBJ on Twitter.  Bad teams especially wouldn’t want to deal with that shit.

But the middling teams will get first crack at the WW before the actually good teams.  For example, NO is currently in a WC spot and could certainly use a new #1 WR, even if it's just a rental.  Likewise the entire AFC west is bunched up around .500, so any of those teams could take a stab at it.  Is he going to want to play for Vegas?  I don't know.

8 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Yeah, I don’t see a bad team signing him either. Isn’t it universally believed that whoever picks him up on the WW is going to cut him after the season? There’s no more guaranteed money left on his contract.  

Probably depends how well he plays for his new team.

17 minutes ago, briantw said:

Probably depends how well he plays for his new team.

I can only see him still being with the team if he balls out, and then he’s going to demand a new contract which I would be reluctant to give him.

Archived