NFL Week 8 Bungals King of the Jungles

l2 0 5 5

Welp, it's time for the Niners to give up on the season and start Lance.  Ironic thing is this game wasn't even remotely Garoppolo's fault, but getting trounced by Colt McCoy means you suck (even with the fumbles).

Well some of its a function of the scheduling matchups this week. But it seems like an inordinate amount of winning record teams lost this week.

SF, Cowboys, Bengals, Bills, Saints, Vegas, Green Bay and later you can add either the Titans or Rams.

I'm thinking a lot of bettors missed their picks this week.

How do you explain Dallas this week? Well their defensive warts that have been hidden by turnovers all year finally showed up. Too many big plays given up every damn week and when Diggs isn't getting an int he is mediocre.

I really thought that after halftime they were gonna pull it out but then that damn punt block / turnover just deflated the entire team.

In the end it's a loss, they were bound to have a flat game, now lets see how they respond.

Oh and man, Parsons looks really good.

44 minutes ago, Lord Patrek said:

This is supposedly the section that has tickets reserved for the visiting team. 

I like the joke that the Packers dropped the ball because they haven’t had to worry about getting tickets for their QB1’s family for two decades.

5 hours ago, dbunting said:

How do you explain Dallas this week? Well their defensive warts that have been hidden by turnovers all year finally showed up. Too many big plays given up every damn week and when Diggs isn't getting an int he is mediocre.

That's the kind of funny thing about Diggs.  Most great cornerbacks don't get thrown on that much.  Both Revis and Asomugha had at least one year where they didn't have enough targets for advanced metrics to get an accurate picture of how good they were.  Obviously a lot depends on scheme, if you have a stud cornerback and you match them up on their WR1 all game and give no help, then the ball is going to come.  But if you play mostly zone, it's very realistic that your CB1 could have zero targets in a game. 

But that is not what is happening with Diggs at all.  He has great ball skills and good instincts, but guys are getting open on him.  As a result, he gets more and more opportunities to make a pick, but if he's not making picks he's not a very good cb. 

Wild week, that's for sure.  I just knew the Vikings were going to lose that game, though I was impressed that they did a fake punt with the lead.  Then they were stopped again and just put on the brakes and couldn't stop anything on defense.  Their OT performance was embarrassing.

And just like history has shown us, as soon as OBJ isn't on the field the Browns are a better team.  It'll be interesting if a team picks up off waivers/free agency.

31 minutes ago, aceluby said:

Wild week, that's for sure.  I just knew the Vikings were going to lose that game, though I was impressed that they did a fake punt with the lead.  Then they were stopped again and just put on the brakes and couldn't stop anything on defense.  Their OT performance was embarrassing.

It’s becoming infuriating. We’re 2-5 in these one score games, each of which we’ve had at least a TD lead in, and every time we pull ahead the team stops being aggressive on offense. I have no idea why they play so scared with the lead when they should be pouring it on with all these weapons.

Archived