NFL Week 8 Bungals King of the Jungles

l2 0 5 5

40 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

The answer is none. There are no good teams. Except now maybe the Chiefs?

I have to say that the Cavs being significantly better than the Browns midway through November was not on my 2021 bingo card.

38 minutes ago, briantw said:

I have to say that the Cavs being significantly better than the Browns midway through November was not on my 2021 bingo card.

The Vikes and Wolves being great one day then terrible the next was on mine.

2 hours ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

Point taken, especially that team that Big Papi sank in the ALCS, the Tigers really had some good players around Verlander back then.

So Baseball is not the best example but nevertheless the feelings of seeing him leave and be successful are the same for me currently wanting Stafford to win it this year or how I would've also still rooted for Megatron or Barry if they had  gotten out.

Yep. I was happy for Verlander and I will be happy for Stafford if he wins it, unless he knocks out the Cowboys in the process. Stafford is a good guy, met him for a meet and greet bowling thing for Pepsi one time. Spent about an hour at our lane just talking about general stuff. Not the most outgoing guy, the reps had to pull him away from us and make him mingle with other people. Seems like me in that way!

7 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

The answer is none. There are no good teams. Except now maybe the Chiefs?

The 6-4 Chiefs?

The Chiefs that barely beat the Jordan Love Packers?

Those Chiefs?

This is a weird year, with so much of the AFC being decent, but not great.  I'm not quite sold on KC being back, can't forget how completely Tennessee handled just a few weeks ago, and Buffalo before that.  Tennessee is really hard for me to trust, I don't love that hit-or-miss defense or the old-school offense.  The Bills are the team that looks most like a SB squad to me, although they've laid an egg or two so far as well. 

29 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

The Bills have a losing record verse playoff bound teams. They may be the most balanced team in the AFC, but they've been beating up on shit teams and that Jags loss was bad.

Seems like every contending team has at least one brutal, nonsensical loss on them.  

Buffalo has had a fairly weak schedule thus far.  But watching the Tennessee game I thought they were the better team and expect they'd win a rematch if they face them in the playoffs.  I didn't see the week 1 game against Pittsburgh, but I'm fairly confident they'd be all right with a rematch there as well, particularly with their qb woes only getting worse. 

Hard to say how a team like Buffalo lost to Jacksonville, but bad losses are everywhere this year.  The only teams that don't have a real WTF? game are GB (although losing by 35 to a decent Saints team ain't great) and LAR.  And who knows, maybe the Rams lose by 20 tonight. 

This ain't college football - almost every good team loses to a meh to bad team in the NFL, and always have. Hell, most of those great teams end up losing to a meh team in the playoffs. Even the best teams in the world do that. Ain't that big a deal, especially in a 17 game season with the amount of extra injuries everyone is going to have. 

1 hour ago, briantw said:

Seems like every contending team has at least one brutal, nonsensical loss on them.  

Not that they're really a contender but the Vikings don't have any bad losses, and can argue that if literally one thing when differently they could be 9-0. Flipside is if that went the other way they could be 1-8.

3 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Really glad that earlier I didn't say LA is one of the few teams I still have some faith in.

No but this is looking like a bad loss as discussed upthread. Down 20+ to a 3-5 team when you are the either 1 or 2 fav to win SB.

Archived