NFL Week 8 Bungals King of the Jungles

l2 0 5 5

3 minutes ago, dbunting said:

No but this is looking like a bad loss as discussed upthread. Down 20+ to a 3-5 team when you are the either 1 or 2 fav to win SB.

I just think when you remove the truly bad teams there isn't much separation between teams we view as being middle of the pack and the teams with good records. Nobody in either conference is all that strong week to week. 

5 minutes ago, Rhom said:

Niners move to 4-5.  That’s not great… but with the craziness in the NFL; SF is not out of this thing.

See you in two weeks!!! Shame, I'm going to be in Cali on that day, maybe I should have planned my trip to end in San Fran rather than LA. 

7 minutes ago, Lord Patrek said:

Crazy to think that they might still get a wildcard spot.

I do hate that extra wildcard.  There was a beautiful symmetry to the way the playoffs were structured.  Also not a fan of the 17th game; don’t like the odd number.

I listened to Peyton and Eli for the first quarter, but main broadcast the rest of the way.  I just heard a clip of Draymond Green from the third quarter…

Talking about his legendary trash talk, Eli asks him “How would you talk smack to Peyton?”

”I’d tell him; ‘Even though you’re supposed to be so good… the Colts cut you.’”

Crickets…

:rofl: 

18 hours ago, Maithanet said:

Hard to say how a team like Buffalo lost to Jacksonville, but bad losses are everywhere this year.  The only teams that don't have a real WTF? game are GB (although losing by 35 to a decent Saints team ain't great) and LAR.  And who knows, maybe the Rams lose by 20 tonight. 

Hehe.

Stafford looks pretty much the same as he did in Detroit. When he had legit receivers, playing against the mediocre and bad teams he tore it up, 5000 yards etc. But against good teams he came back to earth.

Now that I have said this he will play great the rest of the season against top teams.

And it's a team sport still, the Rams will still need their defensive pro bowlers like Ramsey and Donaldson to carry them through on occasion if they are going to be a legit deep playoff contender.

Sighs.......this is why we play the games and they are decided on the turf regardless of whatever is printed.

9 minutes ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

And it's a team sport still, the Rams will still need their defensive pro bowlers like Ramsey and Donaldson to carry them through on occasion if they are going to be a legit deep playoff contender.

Yep! But I do feel that home field advantage is really important for the Rams. I don't see them going to the Super Bowl if the road leading there passes through Green Bay in January.

3 hours ago, Lord Patrek said:

Yep! But I do feel that home field advantage is really important for the Rams. I don't see them going to the Super Bowl if the road leading there passes through Green Bay in January.

I dunno.  Lambeau has not been the great equalizer in recent years for Green Bay.  Several teams have gone in there and beaten them in the playoffs.

50 minutes ago, Lord Patrek said:

Other than Tampa Bay last year and the Niners in 2014, Lambeau Field has been pretty good for the Packers in the playoffs over the last decade or so.

They also lost to the Giants in 2011.  So that's three home playoff losses in the last ten years.  That ain't great.

32 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

And a few years before that Moss gave those disgusting cheeseheads the business.

Personally I'd much rather have homefield run through a dome than risk the elements in traditionally cold places.

Well, yeah, if you play in a dome or in a warm environment. I'm pretty sure the Bills would like to secure home field advantage to force other teams to play in winter conditions.

16 minutes ago, Lord Patrek said:

Well, yeah, if you play in a dome or in a warm environment. I'm pretty sure the Bills would like to secure home field advantage to force other teams to play in winter conditions.

Sure, but that also exposes you to more problems as well and it curtails the type of offense you can build. Given the modern passing rules, I'd rather be a home dome team and gamble that it will be unlikely that I'd have to play many playoff games on the road in winter conditions. 

3 hours ago, Lord Patrek said:

This is why if there is a college football playoff expansion I hope that teams get home games in one round. Make some of those teams travel to the north for a December game and see the speed get equalized. Granted it would be Columbus every year since Michigan can't win a damn game that matters...sigh

4 hours ago, Maithanet said:

They also lost to the Giants in 2011.  So that's three home playoff losses in the last ten years.  That ain't great.

And the current Packers management ain't what it used to be.  This is the team that burnt a first rounder on a backup QB last year when they had one of the five greatest QBs ever in the final years of his prime.

It'd be one thing if that QB looked like a future star, but we saw Jordan Love a week ago and he looked like absolute dog shit.  They lit a first round pick on fire when they were competing for a Super Bowl, which is just unforgiveable. 

8 minutes ago, briantw said:

And the current Packers management ain't what it used to be.  This is the team that burnt a first rounder on a backup QB last year when they had one of the five greatest QBs ever in the final years of his prime.

Eh, that's debatable. In 2017 he got hurt after a slow start, in 2018 he was okay and the team stunk and in 2019 they had a good record, but it was another season where he was just okay. 2020 was the aberration, and this year again he looks more like he did 17-19 than he did in 2016 or 20. He's still really good, but he's far off pace from his peak years. That he still doesn't turn the ball over or make many costly mistakes is what is keeping him as a top tier QB, but the guy I've feared for most of the last decade just isn't there anymore night in and out.

ETA: The mistake wasn't drafting his potential replacement, it's that the guy they took appears to be thoroughly unimpressive.

Archived