NFL Week 8 Bungals King of the Jungles

l2 0 5 5

15 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

McVay is 7-3 against Carroll, including one playoff game. Personally I've always thought Carroll is a bit overrated as a coach 

Interesting.  So McVay's success suggests the three have a rock-paper-scissors dynamic.

And I've always hated Carroll, dating back to his stint as Niners DC.  Always thought he came off as a giant douche.  Naturally, I've always thought he's overrated as well.

13 minutes ago, DMC said:

Interesting.  So McVay's success suggests the three have a rock-paper-scissors dynamic.

Basically. It seems like each owns one and gets owned by the other, but it's worth noting that the games seem to be close for the most part. It's hard to explain why this is though. On paper I'd think the Niners are clearly the best of the three teams when controlling for injuries. 

And I've always hated Carroll, dating back to his stint as Niners DC.  Always thought he came off as a giant douche.  Naturally, I've always thought he's overrated as well.

I don't really see him as douche, and I'd probably like playing for him over most active coaches. I just don't think he does anything exceptionally well. His championships at both levels only happened when he had an overwhelming talent advantage. Take that away and his schemes on both sides of the ball are just mediocre. 

4 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

it's worth noting that the games seem to be close for the most part.

This is certainly true of Carroll-Shanahan.  It's become a cliche, but really record doesn't matter when it comes to Niner-Seahawk games.  The Niners' dominance of the Rams last month though was notable.

59 minutes ago, DMC said:

This is certainly true of Carroll-Shanahan.  It's become a cliche, but really record doesn't matter when it comes to Niner-Seahawk games.  The Niners' dominance of the Rams last month though was notable.

It was surprisingly one sided, but IIRC that was the Rams first game without Woods, and he may actually be their most important skill player even if Kupp is going nuts this year.

What a weird year. Looking at the standings right now and only one team has been eliminated from the playoffs. The 1-10-1 Lions are still technically alive right now. Bonkers.

3 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

They drove down the whole damn field and didn't pass it once.  Wow, they stopped them at the ten!!  What do you want, a participation trophy?

Really, Diane?

The Bills were like straight up in goal-line once they hit the RedZone.

Eta: This has been the most perfect game ever!!!

1 minute ago, Maithanet said:

They drove down the whole damn field and didn't pass it once.  Wow, they stopped them at the ten!!  What do you want, a participation trophy?

I think we need to accept that the Bills just aren't nearly as good as we thought going into the season. Their early season metrics were great, but it was mostly against shit teams, and since beating the Chiefs they've been a pretty average team. It blows my mind that people still think Allen could be the MVP this year.

2 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

What's frustrating is Allen is outplaying Jones badly.  Its the entire rest of the team that isn't getting it done.

Outplaying? Jones hasn't played at all! Don't you see? That's Belichick's genius! He's finally removed passing from the equation!

1 minute ago, Babblebauble said:

Outplaying? Jones hasn't played at all! Don't you see? That's Belichick's genius! He's finally removed passing from the equation!

Right, Jones had done nothing and Allen had been a positive.

12 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

Watching the goal posts shake from the wind prior to the kick... That's not a good sign.

Yeah, that should be the point when you decide kicking is worthless tonight. 

12 minutes ago, Babblebauble said:

Jones has as many rushing attempts as he does passing attempts (3). Wild. 

Archived