Heresy 239: Reflections

Black Crow

1 hour ago, LynnS said:

Yah I don't know how much weight to give it.  You realize that you were the only person to recognize a blood moon  in the books!  Apparently, according to the article I quoted; no such thing has shown up in the books.  What follows the blood moon eclipse is the 'longest night'...  This really makes me chuckle when I think about it.  

I’d love to take credit, but I don’t think that was me.

1 hour ago, LynnS said:

Yah I don't know how much weight to give it.  You realize that you were the only person to recognize a blood moon  in the books!  Apparently, according to the article I quoted; no such thing has shown up in the books.  What follows the blood moon eclipse is the 'longest night'...  This really makes me chuckle when I think about it.  

The most terrifying moment of the day came during Ser Gregor's second joust, when his lance rode up and struck a young knight from the Vale under the gorget with such force that it drove through his throat, killing him instantly. The youth fell not ten feet from where Sansa was seated. The point of Ser Gregor's lance had snapped off in his neck, and his life's blood flowed out in slow pulses, each weaker than the one before. His armor was shiny new; a bright streak of fire ran down his outstretched arm, as the steel caught the light. Then the sun went behind a cloud, and it was gone. His cloak was blue, the color of the sky on a clear summer's day, trimmed with a border of crescent moons, but as his blood seeped into it, the cloth darkened and the moons turned red, one by one.

This is Ser Hugh's death in Sansa II - GoT

Apparently, it's just an upgrade and Ran says that he thinks they'll have it back to where it was today. 

Here's what all he said: 

The forum will look more like it did prior to the upgrade, once Linda and I have time to sort out issues. Right now the skin we use defaulted to standard colors and it's a bit of a two-man job to quickly change things back, and we started the upgrade later than intended.

11 minutes ago, Melifeather said:

Has anyone really taken notice of the new decorations around these here parts? A very wintery scene is showing as wallpaper and we all have seven pointed stars. Is this a hint that Winds is coming soon?

The site got an upgrade, and I kinda like how it's look :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, LynnS said:

Wow! Interesting!.

I googled "blood moon"  and it turns out that there is a Wikipedia page about a "Blood moon prophecy". In 2014 a couple of preachers predicted that a tetrad of lunar eclipses (real events) marked the end of times based on verses in Revelations, Acts and Book of Joel

These two fragments caught my attention. From Acts:

19 And I will shew wonders in heaven above, and signs in the earth beneath; blood, and fire, and vapour of smoke:

20 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and notable day of the Lord come:

12 I watched as he opened the sixth seal. There was a great earthquake. The sun turned black like sackcloth made of goat hair, the whole moon turned blood red, 13 and the stars in the sky fell to earth, as figs drop from a fig tree when shaken by a strong wind. 14 The heavens receded like a scroll being rolled up, and every mountain and island was removed from its place.

15 Then the kings of the earth, the princes, the generals, the rich, the mighty, and everyone else, both slave and free, hid in caves and among the rocks of the mountains. 16 They called to the mountains and the rocks, “Fall on us and hide us[f] from the face of him who sits on the throne and from the wrath of the Lamb! 17 For the great day of their[g] wrath has come, and who can withstand it?”

The second one is from Revelations

Blood&Fire, blood moons, fallen stars and caves

I haven't read this interview with Bryan Cogman before:

Bryan Cogman UTA gala interview: transcribed! | Watchers on the Wall | A Game of Thrones Community for Breaking News, Casting, and Commentary

Dan: It’s already starting, but it feels like this year especially, you’re going to be outpacing the novels. How are you managing to balance the obligation to book fans while also creating wholly new stories? And particularly with George Martin being a writer and a producer on the show, how does that work? Have there been disagreements about the direction, and what do you do when the parents fight?

Bryan: Wow! That’s a lot. You know, it’s a tricky thing. I think for the longest time, we were going season by season, hoping we could get that done, and then as we got to planning seasons 3 and 4, we realized, “Oh, I think we’re actually gonna be able to do this whole thing!” And we sat down with George in Santa Fe, in his home, and he sort of walked us through his Big Picture plan for the whole saga. So we have that! But ultimately, they’re two different mediums. The needs of a fifth season of a TV show are vastly different from the needs of a fifth book in a series, so… decisions are made for creative reasons, for budgetary reasons, for all kinds of reasons.

Dan: So you’re saying there’s never been a moment where George has said, “There’s no way you can do that.”

Bryan: Well he’s never expressly said “Don’t do this!” He’s not in the writers room when we break down the season. He reads the outline and gives us thoughts, we go back and forth and we ask him questions, he asks us questions. It’s been a great collaboration. He understands the show universe is the show universe, and the book universe is the book universe. I’ve said this before, but… If you read comics, if you read DC comics, there’s Earth 1, there’s Earth 2, and the way I reconcile it, as a fan of the books — as one of the biggest fans of the books — there’s Westeros 1 and Westeros 2, and they’re alternate universes; some things are the same, some things are different. And if we jump the shark in season 7, the Tyrion with no nose might enter a time warp and come into the show. And do battle with the Tyrion that has a nose.

38 minutes ago, LynnS said:

If you read comics, if you read DC comics, there’s Earth 1, there’s Earth 2, and the way I reconcile it, as a fan of the books — as one of the biggest fans of the books — there’s Westeros 1 and Westeros 2, and they’re alternate universes; some things are the same, some things are different. 

I think a better analogy to DC comics would be Earth 1 and Bizzaro Earth.  You know the Bizzaro earth, where everything is run by complete morons.

Yep. I doubt that whatever they did with a 'broad outline' after season 5, will tell us much about what GRRM is doing with it.  At the most we can say the white dragon will be captured and or killed by someone and since they didn't bother with Victarion as a character; they gave that one to the Night King.  

I think we can say that Jon will die and be resurrected; but those details weren't divulged.  So he seems to come back on his own without explanation. 

Wasn't the third big reveal related to Hodor?  That whole thing was cornball right down to the cave actually having a back door.

The rest is mince.

1 hour ago, LynnS said:

Yep. I doubt that whatever they did with a 'broad outline' after season 5, will tell us much about what GRRM is doing with it.  At the most we can say the white dragon will be captured and or killed by someone and since they didn't bother with Victarion as a character; they gave that one to the Night King.  

I think we can say that Jon will die and be resurrected; but those details weren't divulged.  So he seems to come back on his own without explanation. 

Wasn't the third big reveal related to Hodor?  That whole thing was cornball right down to the cave actually having a back door.

The rest is mince.

I'm thinking Hodor's door holding will be quite different in the books. I'm thinking something along the lines of holding back a more magical door, perhaps finally preventing Bran from skinchanging into him? Or maybe another entity tries to skinchange into Hodor? He is physically powerful and he's been "ridden" before so he could be seen as something to exploit.

Just now, Melifeather said:

I'm thinking Hodor's door holding will be quite different in the books. I'm thinking something along the lines of holding back a more magical door, perhaps finally preventing Bran from skinchanging into him? Or maybe another entity tries to skinchange into Hodor? He is physically powerful and he's been "ridden" before so he could be seen as something desirable to exploit.

8 minutes ago, Melifeather said:

I'm thinking Hodor's door holding will be quite different in the books. I'm thinking something along the lines of holding back a more magical door, perhaps finally preventing Bran from skinchanging into him? Or maybe another entity tries to skinchange into Hodor? He is physically powerful and he's been "ridden" before so he could be seen as something to exploit.

That would be interesting.  Hodor himself as the 'back door'.

Archived