Leviathan Falls (Spoiler thread for preview chapters)

Gaston de Foix

I read the prologue and I think I'm going have to stop and re-read a bunch of books, because I am confused.

Spoiler

Does the prologue take place before Cortazar kills Duarte or does Duarte actually survive it? 

I thought Trejo died with the Tempest when Bobbie blew it up.

8 hours ago, Corvinus85 said:

I read the prologue and I think I'm going have to stop and re-read a bunch of books, because I am confused.

Hide contents

Does the prologue take place before Cortazar kills Duarte or does Duarte actually survive it? 

I thought Trejo died with the Tempest when Bobbie blew it up.

Spoiler

Duarte kills Cortazar after Holden convinces Theresa that Cortazar is going to kill her.  Though he's already succumbed to a coma sort of state when he blows (almost literally) Cortazar away.  Trejo was off the Tempest at that point.  He went back to Laconia to take over there almost immediately after Duarte first went into that state.

On 12/6/2021 at 3:27 AM, Relic said:

Struggling with this one, for some reason i can't put my finger on. 

In the same boat. Been a bit of a slog to get through. I've only gotten up to chapter 24.

Don't think this actually counts as a spoiler but will tag anyway

Spoiler

The cat and mouse between the Roci crew and Tanaka is getting tiresome.

37 minutes ago, Consigliere said:

In the same boat. Been a bit of a slog to get through. I've only gotten up to chapter 24.

Don't think this actually counts as a spoiler but will tag anyway

Hide contents

The cat and mouse between the Roci crew and Tanaka is getting tiresome.

I’d recommend you keep going. The second half picks up the pace and has a payoff for your spoiler text. 

8 minutes ago, unJon said:

I’d recommend you keep going. The second half picks up the pace and has a payoff for your spoiler text. 

I was expecting as much. The book has thus far sorta reminded me of A Shadow in Summer or The Dragon's Path - both start off slow and are a bit of a slog to get through but both start to come together around the halfway point so I expected the second half of Leviathan Falls to be much stronger than the first.

Archived