Dating thread - happily ever after edition

:)

ETA - things are going really well.

Sadly, I had to cancel my Palm Beach vacation, due to work obligations, but it’s really for the best. I moved the dates of that to around my birthday. 

Firm is buying plane tickets and getting the resort package settled today for the “end of the year” vacation.

ETA: destination: 10 days in Aruba!!!

Edited by Chataya de Fleury

2 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

I have so, so many questions, though the first has to be aliens/monsters, WTF?

Amen. And some of it truly has to be fake. I had to look up “vore”.

I’ve been with a lot of people, many of them with varied and specific fetishes, and this is never something that I’ve run across.

Edited by Chataya de Fleury

34 minutes ago, Chataya de Fleury said:

I’ve been with a lot of people, many of them with varied and specific fetishes, and this is never something that I’ve run across.

Scat threw me off, as did a few other terms as well. I think it would be a lot more interesting if it was just stripped down (:leer:) to the questions relating to dominance in the bedroom. 

1 hour ago, Tywin et al. said:

Scat threw me off, as did a few other terms as well. I think it would be a lot more interesting if it was just stripped down (:leer:) to the questions relating to dominance in the bedroom. 

They are mixed in there on the categories, submission/dominance, etc. - but fetishes don’t map directly onto bedroom preferences.  

This seems more of a “list of random fetish-y things people search for online or have thought about” rather than what people actually practice.  Or at least I hope so, as there are some egregiously illegal dots in that mix.  And there are many that are also not on that list that are much more common in practice and fantasy (i.e., shibari, group sex)

I must admit, I was familar with most terms. Louding was the exception, still not sure what that is. And I am not sure, I want to want to know.

12 hours ago, Chataya de Fleury said:

Omnivore, carnivore. Anyway,  I am not cannibal I am just vore, is probably a great sentence and a failsafe way to end a first date for good, if you are desperate to get out.

11 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Scat threw me off, as did a few other terms as well.

Ok, I'll make the obligatory 2 girls one Ty joke.

So that the joke's not entirely on ty, I'll share a small story. When I was 18 or so, my back-then girlfriend sent me a link to gross me out for the lolz. scat girls com or some shit like that. Two takeaways, one she succeeded and two, I learnt and never forgot the meaning of the word scat in sexual context.

also amusing: the extremities of both authoritarian leftists and extreme libertarian rightists report no fetishes, as per the trendline in the graphs. assuming no lack of candor, the explanation is likely that stalinists as they become more ideologically puritanical (zhdanovists as left puritans), they tend to prefer vanilla encounters, whereas objectivists are just incels.

Edited by sologdin

18 minutes ago, sologdin said:

also amusing: the extremities of both authoritarian leftists and extreme libertarian rightists report no fetishes, as per the trendline in the graphs. assuming no lack of candor, the explanation is likely that stalinists as they become more ideologically puritanical (zhdanovists as left puritans), they tend to prefer vanilla encounters, whereas objectivists are just incels.

The more ideologically puritanical you are, you probably have more tendency view/judge/filter kinky shit through that lens - so like religion, could see sex ending up as an expression of political beliefs, instead of as it’s own thing.  And/or you just have less mental bandwidth to resolve the two things.  Hard agree about objectivists - the high-dollar sex doll market probably could have been predicted as an outcome of Atlas Shrugged.

43 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

*insert random joke that regular German sex makes everyone else's kinky sex look tame*

See above: could we assume a very large Venn diagram overlap between Germany, nihilism and kink? :)

Edited by VigoTheCarpathian
Forgot about the objectivists

17 hours ago, SpaceChampion said:

this is a thing that exists and I must share:

The highest correlation here was only 0.12, so the amount of variance explained in terms of these particular sexual fetishes by one's position on this political chart is only 1.44% at the most. So nobody should suggest any particular activity to a partner just by knowing their politics and think that'll give them some advantage. :)

10 minutes ago, Ormond said:

so the amount of variance explained in terms of these particular sexual fetishes by one's position on this political chart is only 1.44% at the most.

Yeah that's a really low r-squared.

I'm not going to judge what consenting adults do in their own bedrooms.  And most of the things on that chart have nothing to do with political preferences.  You could as easily map out sexual peccadillos vs whether people prefer apples or oranges.

53 minutes ago, sologdin said:

That could be it.  Or they're both humourless cultists.  Been reading about cults lately and humour is discouraged because it invites criticism and self-reflection.

Edited by SpaceChampion