Jump to content

Dating thread - NEVER EVER GETTING BACK TOGETHER edition


Chataya de Fleury
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 1/20/2022 at 3:30 AM, Chataya de Fleury said:

Do; and the direct question can still be delicate, such as “I feel that we’ve really deepened our friendship, and I’m wondering if you feel that as well. How do you feel?”

This is of course where I usually get them into bed, but YMMV.

If you can get them up and running, as they say. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yay, I've found the pandemic variation that is somehow the worst imaginable dating profile: "polyamorous, unvaccinated, adventurous freedom lover."

(I'm home which is a lost cause anyway - I've never gone on even a decent first date with anyone from my home country. Though this guy isn't local.)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Datepalm said:

Yay, I've found the pandemic variation that is somehow the worst imaginable dating profile: "polyamorous, unvaccinated, adventurous freedom lover."

(I'm home which is a lost cause anyway - I've never gone on even a decent first date with anyone from my home country. Though this guy isn't local.)

So their name is Deathwish Insufferablepants?

Edited by Mlle. Zabzie
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Mlle. Zabzie said:

So their name is Deathwish Insufferablepants?

Finding what I imagine are awkward, gaslighty ways to spread COVID since 2021.

He is into "Philosophy, spirituality and exploring the art of shibari".

Edited by Datepalm
Link to comment
Share on other sites

In other words, he's watched 50 shades of grey, and now he is searching for his Dakota Johnson, after his wife told him to get fucked, when he showed up with a rope from the hardware store one day. A human tragedy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

In other words, he's watched 50 shades of grey, and now he is searching for his Dakota Johnson, after his wife told him to get fucked, when he showed up with a rope from the hardware store one day. A human tragedy.

I mean, I live in the Bay Area at least some of the time - completely writing off anyone into kink and/or poly really narrows the pool. It's not entirely my cup of tea but no judgement. But the combination with the proudly unvaccinated that makes this one tragicomic. And ick.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

At least he's honest?  I'm sure there are a lot of guys* who just lie to women that they're vaccinated.  It's not like you need to bring your vaxx card to go to a restaurant in 95% of the US. 

*Women too I suppose, although I would also guess not as many, since women anti-vaxxers are usually more willing to talk about it. 

Edited by Maithanet
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Datepalm said:

Yay, I've found the pandemic variation that is somehow the worst imaginable dating profile: "polyamorous, unvaccinated, adventurous freedom lover."

That’s a power combo, with the shibari in the mix - “I want to comingle with lots of people, take no practical steps towards my own safety, and I want to tie you up and breath on you”.  If someone doesn’t believe in science enough to get vaxxed, probably wouldn’t trust them with the science of body mechanics.  Relationship anarchy - more like respiratory anarchy!

All of my poly people have been in pretty tight quarantine pods this whole time, and the kinky people are requiring vaccination status/day-of negative tests for parties.  It is nice he is honest about it, but he’d have zero chance dating/playing with the risk-aware communities I know.  Not that there aren’t the odd hippie/right wing loons that are in these spaces…but most of them seem to have valued the community over political/pseudo-science stances.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, VigoTheCarpathian said:

That’s a power combo, with the shibari in the mix - “I want to comingle with lots of people, take no practical steps towards my own safety, and I want to tie you up and breath on you”.  If someone doesn’t believe in science enough to get vaxxed, probably wouldn’t trust them with the science of body mechanics.  Relationship anarchy - more like respiratory anarchy!

All of my poly people have been in pretty tight quarantine pods this whole time, and the kinky people are requiring vaccination status/day-of negative tests for parties.  It is nice he is honest about it, but he’d have zero chance dating/playing with the risk-aware communities I know.  Not that there aren’t the odd hippie/right wing loons that are in these spaces…but most of them seem to have valued the community over political/pseudo-science stances.

In other words: getting laid > avoiding vaccination.

10 minutes ago, Chataya de Fleury said:

Don’t give me philosophy or spirituality, or I’ll fall asleep before I can get tied up.

:P

What if you get tied up first, before your date goes off on spirituality. I mean, I can see Jehova's witnesses or Mormon(t)s (sorry, had to recycle that typo joke from upthread) being somewhat more appealing/convincing that way.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Maithanet said:

At least he's honest?  I'm sure there are a lot of guys* who just lie to women that they're vaccinated.  It's not like you need to bring your vaxx card to go to a restaurant in 95% of the US. 

*Women too I suppose, although I would also guess not as many, since women anti-vaxxers are usually more willing to talk about it. 

A guy who’s been hitting me up hadn’t gotten vaccinated and booked an appointment so I would consider meeting up after he was fully inoculated. I think a lot of people are having to choose getting laid

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/17/2022 at 7:17 PM, Chataya de Fleury said:

It is encouraging that a 47 year old is getting sufficient attention. And all my posted pics are no makeup. And no one whom I’ve met in person has seen me with makeup. 

You're just waiting to drop Shock and Awe on the poor fools, aren't you?  

Chats is an attractive woman, categorically.  But made up, well dressed, fully armed, and operational Chats is a galactic menace.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Update. Donatello and I are going stronger than ever. The conversation is becoming deeper and more open on any topic. I met two of his friends for the first time yesterday and I got a typical drunken "do love him [Donatello], he is a good guy" from one of them. Yesterday he blurted out in conversation "we'll do that when we [insert important relationship milestone that we are nowhere close to, but he apparently thought about]". I wish we could see each other more often, but logistics are hard. I hope I can introduce him to one or more of my friends soon too.

So ... I don't identify with the current thread title.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Update. Donatello and I are going stronger than ever. The conversation is becoming deeper and more open on any topic. I met two of his friends for the first time yesterday and I got a typical drunken "do love him [Donatello], he is a good guy" from one of them. Yesterday he blurted out in conversation "we'll do that when we [insert important relationship milestone that we are nowhere close to, but he apparently thought about]". I wish we could see each other more often, but logistics are hard. I hope I can introduce him to one or more of my friends soon too.

So ... I don't identify with the current thread title.

Let us all fervently hope that no one ever has to identify with this thread title :P 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...