Football: Forever blowing bubbles...or more?

A Horse Named Stranger

Ok, update on my earlier rant post.

Stricter restrictions are coming. But starting next week apparenty, thus I should be fine. 

What happens in January is another queston. I suspect I might not see Haaland scoring a couple of goals against us in the Cup. But that's a problem for the Horse of of 2022. 

Watching our goal, De Gea is down for literally two-and-a-half seconds and then the ball is in the back of the net. He's not injured, there is nothing at all wrong with him. He's just trying to stop the game, but all he's done is made himself look a bit of a tit. Again. The soapy cunt.

De Gea obviously was hurt- having your foot stepped on like that is fucking painful, and depending on how it landed, may well have been enough to send him down. He might have been playing for a free kick but it's equally likely that he wasn't.

But none of that is a reason not to give the goal. He wasn't fouled by an Arsenal player, there was no time to stop the game, the ref hadn't blown.

I'm pleased for Fred that he got that assist coz he played well at the weekend but he'd been giving a disasterclass till then. We should win from here: Arsenal without Saka aren't much of a threat, though we're perfectly capable of shooting ourselves in the foot again.

I'm quite glad that Arteta insists on starting Aubameyang despite him being like the twentieth-best forward in the Premier League nowadays, but even still that was a pretty good performance. Carrick did two things in his three games that really helped us: got Rashford and Sancho much more comitted to taking players on specifically to draw defences out of shape and then playing into the space, a simple thing such a dribbler-heavy team should have been doing better already, and getting McTominay to take on breaking duties alone and letting Fred more loose to be the box-to-boxer. It did McTominay no favours, but if you ask both to share the DM duties you're just limiting both, whereas this way he got the best out of Fred just when we needed it, even after today's awful start from him.

15 hours ago, Consigliere said:

Welcome win.

Carrick did as well as could be expected in his 3 games. United have confirmed that he will be leaving the club with immediate effect.

Don't think he did himself any harm for getting a new job. 

2 minutes ago, Raja said:

Extremely annoyed at losing that game.

Yeah, United were there for the taking. I guess that's one of the downsides of such a young team - shitting themselves when going in front at Old Trafford.

If our senior players could actually start doing something, we might have a chance at top four.

Archived