International Events VIII: Been living under a rock so long

TheLastWolf

8 hours ago, Zorral said:

If there's anything that should be an international concern, it's beer supply!  Is there anywhere that beer isn't essential?

Somewhat missing the point, tho.

Producing bottles is consuming quite a bit of energy. So brewers recycling old bottles is at least cutting some of the energy costs.

4 hours ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

Somewhat missing the point, tho.

Producing bottles is consuming quite a bit of energy. So brewers recycling old bottles is at least cutting some of the energy costs.

They should start up a contract with the milkmen.

Deliver a 6-pack twice a week; collect the empties next time. Milkman's coming anyway, so...

Local diary can pair up with local brewery, large national dairy can pair up with large national brewery.
This actually feels like it could be a €million idea - but suspect bureaucrats wouldn't like beer being left on the doorstep like that :(

1 hour ago, Which Tyler said:

Deliver a 6-pack twice a week; collect the empties next time. Milkman's coming anyway, so...

Local diary can pair up with local brewery, large national dairy can pair up with large national brewery.
This actually feels like it could be a €million idea - but suspect bureaucrats wouldn't like beer being left on the doorstep like that :(

Huh? Why not? They do that here for ages. Only for beer of course, nobody wants that vile white stuff.

1 minute ago, kiko said:

Huh? Why not? They do that here for ages. Only for beer of course, nobody wants that vile white stuff.

I'm just imagining "but what if an U18 opens the door first in the mornings - that's selling to a minor!"

If there's a good idea to be had, someone in government will find a way to ban it

10 hours ago, Which Tyler said:

I'm just imagining "but what if an U18 opens the door first in the mornings - that's selling to a minor!"

If there's a good idea to be had, someone in government will find a way to ban it

As I said. It's standard here. Lots of people are doing it. Should have an app for it, then the beer manufacturers would rake in billions.

On 6/10/2022 at 10:47 AM, Which Tyler said:

I'm just old enough and from a rural enough area to remember when most people got their milk (and orange juice) delivered on a morning and had to leave their bottles out for recollection. I also remember that a lot of kids would be very light fingered with the bottles of milk left on anyone's doorstep if they weren't awake early enough to bring it in before kids were walking to school. I can imagine that would be just as bad or worse with beer, though I am sure it wouldn't be too difficult for it to be left somewhere more secure like a storage container that the deliverer has access to.

The lesson: Kids are terrible. 

I think he refers to delivery services. And for drinks (beer, juice, soda etc.) those things have been around for ages.

You call, they deliver a box of whatever you order. Ofc, they won't leave stuff at your door step. 

Altho, I admit the punks taking over Sylt was in a different category. 

Archived