Best thing you have seen on the internet today.

LynnS

2 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

Good grief. I thought, isn’t that Mark Hamill? And later, Weird Al? 

That was wonderful and bizarre. Wonderfully bizarre!

Basically every single person in it is part of the LA alt comedy scene; it's a veritable who's-who of US network and cable TV sitcom stars. Plus Mark Hamill, Weird Al, Ringo Starr, and Harrison's son. 

14 minutes ago, Fez said:

Basically every single person in it is part of the LA alt comedy scene; it's a veritable who's-who of US network and cable TV sitcom stars. Plus Mark Hamill, Weird Al, Ringo Starr, and Harrison's son. 

I wasn’t sure if that was Ringo or a double!

Number One Trilly! Also, saw the reports that the Beatles were all set to make a LOTR movie, but the Tolkien estate would not do it. It might have been good like the Yellow Submarine. Paul as Frodo…could’ve worked? John wanted to be gollum, Ringo wanted to be Sam; and George wanted to be Gandalf. That casting would have been strange and probably funnier than it should have been.  One day, it could be done anyway!

1 hour ago, HoodedCrow said:

Number One Trilly! Also, saw the reports that the Beatles were all set to make a LOTR movie, but the Tolkien estate would not do it. It might have been good like the Yellow Submarine. Paul as Frodo…could’ve worked? John wanted to be gollum, Ringo wanted to be Sam; and George wanted to be Gandalf. That casting would have been strange and probably funnier than it should have been.  One day, it could be done anyway!

Now I hate this reality. Bring on the multiverse, I say. I want to see the trainwreck!

https://slate.com/human-interest/2021/12/victorian-christmas-cards-history-goodall-company.html

The examples of the Victorian Christmas cards make it worth scrolling through, even if one isn't that interested in the history of our Christmas traditions -- which for reasons I have been since a kid. :dunno:  From the first viewing of such illos in those very old magazines in Greatgrandmother's basement Victorian era popular art fascinated me.  It was always just somehow off kilter from the expected, at least the expected as I knew it then.

I know there's a discussion to be had in terms of Punk GOATS (Black Flag, Dead Kennedys, Iggy, Sex Pistols, The Clash, or whoever you feel deserves to be there). But I think the discussion is finally settled.

Archived