Best thing you have seen on the internet today.

LynnS

11 minutes ago, Zorral said:

"Archaeology
A Hungry Badger Dug Up a Stash of Ancient Roman Coins From a Cave in Spain and Archaeologists Are Amazed (the Badger Less So)
A historic blizzard also played a role in the find."

https://news.artnet.com/art-world/badger-discovers-roman-coins-2058585

The coins date from the 3rd through the 5th centuries, probably buried somewhat later, during the 'barbarian' invasions of Iberia, the tipping point out of late antiquity to early 'dark ages' medieval eras.

They didn't even get a comment from the badger about what he was gonna use the money on. Journalists these days...

17 minutes ago, lacuna said:

They didn't even get a comment from the badger about what he was gonna use the money on. Journalists these days...

Mashed potatoes!

I realise only Brits of about my age will get that.

Looking at the view count, I'm probably the last one on the planet to find out about this (again), but what the hell, might as well share it: Tenacious D did the Time Warp from Rocky Horror as an ad for the 2020 election:

4 hours ago, Spockydog said:

Love this guy. Never fails to make me smile. 

He’s great! And that’s not a green screen he’s dancing in front of, but the real thing. He did a wonderful dance when he got fully vaccinated!

ps right now I think it’s colder in Toronto than it is in the Yukon.

1 hour ago, SpaceChampion said:

What the hell is Wordle and is there a vaccine for it??

Just look it up and click on the web site. It’s terribly addictive, but if you stick to the official web site only one puzzle is given each day. Apparently all the apps that are trying to hone in on the popularity of the game will give you endless puzzles, but you can get sucked way down deep if you do that!

A five letter word is given and you have six chances to figure out what it is.

Archived