SearcheRR: Yet another search of ice and fire

zionius

Thank you, being able to click through to the full text is a useful feature that A search of ice and fire (which has been invaluable to me) doesn't have.

The text of the short stories (Princess and the Queen and Rogue Prince) would be nice to have in a search too.

2 hours ago, chrisdaw said:

Thank you, being able to click through to the full text is a useful feature that A search of ice and fire (which has been invaluable to me) doesn't have.

The text of the short stories (Princess and the Queen and Rogue Prince) would be nice to have in a search too.

It's only a few words different from F&B, I guess unnecessary to most people. 

I do plan to add something like "version compare", I have more than 50 text versions of the 8 ASOIAF books so far.

2 minutes ago, zionius said:

It's only a few words different from F&B, I guess unnecessary to most people. 

I do plan to add something like "version compare", I have more than 50 text versions of the 8 ASOIAF books so far.

Maybe I'm misremembering, but I thought there was full different passages.

1 minute ago, chrisdaw said:

Maybe I'm misremembering, but I thought there was full different passages.

F&B corrects dozens of issues in the two novellas and has 50%+ new content. The novellas only has less than 50 words unfound in F&B (the phrase "rogue prince", Alicent deflowered by Daemon, and one or two more things).

11 hours ago, zionius said:

F&B corrects dozens of issues in the two novellas and has 50%+ new content. The novellas only has less than 50 words unfound in F&B (the phrase "rogue prince", Alicent deflowered by Daemon, and one or two more things).

Daemon was never called the Rogue Prince in FaB? That seems like a huge oversight. 

20 hours ago, The Bard of Banefort said:

Daemon was never called the Rogue Prince in FaB? That seems like a huge oversight.

I don't think it's an oversight, it's more due to the publishing history of The Rogue Prince. When GRRM wrote about the reign of Viserys I, Daemon naturally featured heavily, it wasn't all about him, though. But in 2014 GRRM wanted to contribute to the Gardener anthology Rogues, so he took that material and trimmed it to focuse more on Daemon and also added a few references to the Rogue Prince. 

Compared with asearchoficeandfire.com

Pros:

iincludes appendices and F&B, uses the latest text version, shows paragraph location, shows more contexts (10 paragraphs), ignores apostrophe in search terms

Cons:

can't do exact match with quote marks, doesn't have POV/location/book scope limiter(I could make one but then it won't be a general purpose searcher)

Archived