If Daenerys had married Quentyn and won Dorne's support what would Aegon do?

Odej

3 minutes ago, Hugorfonics said:

It won't be a simple letter.  If all goes to plan then the two dornish knights that accompanied Quentyn will be the ones to tell Doran that Quentyn died on his own accord, and that he has to invade Pentos on behalf of Dany.

do you think they'll do as Barristan said? they lost their prince , their friend and their maester for nothing but a war against Pentos. they already blame Dany's rejection for Quentyn's reckless act and Barristan's " she never laughed , you don't know her" won't buy their love or loyalty.  and even them as respectable that they are wouldn't be enough for Doran to look over this death.

I think they'll reach Dorne hearing about Aegon son of Elia invading Westeros and they don't bother much to honor their promises to Barristan . they'll leave Dany , Barry and Tattered prince alone in their war against Pentos

10 minutes ago, Hugorfonics said:

Doran shouldn't wild out.

it's not about what Doran should or should not do. it's about what this character might do in given situation.

10 minutes ago, Hugorfonics said:

He thought his brothers scheme stupid and when he died, because Oberyn tweaked the scheme, he shrugged it off as an inevitability, I expect him to shrug this death off too, as they're kinda similar 

he didn't exactly shrug it off. his health's deterioration is proof of that. he's been through too much to shrug this last thing off. first, his sister , niece , nephew and uncle brutally died . yet , he still had his brother , his wife , his children and his hopes for future vengeance.  then his brother died unnecessarily and this time he didn't have his wife either . yet , he could cling on his new plan and protecting his children and nieces . and even his beloved daughter and nieces all betrayed him. he will not forget or forgive his loyal innocent son's death.

3 hours ago, EggBlue said:

do you think they'll do as Barristan said?

Yeah, a knights oath means something. Plus before Quentyn died he told Tatters that even if he dies Doran will honor their agreement, then they notarized it with their princely seals.

Barristan's " she never laughed , you don't know her"

(Lol Barris memory, she totally laughed in his face)

I think they'll reach Dorne hearing about Aegon son of Elia invading Westeros and they don't bother much to honor their promises to Barristan . they'll leave Dany , Barry and Tattered prince alone in their war against Pentos

It'll be interesting when they hear about Aegon for sure, but still, those two have seen dragons and only a fool would bet against them

he didn't exactly shrug it off. his health's deterioration is proof of that. he's been through too much to shrug this last thing off. first, his sister , niece , nephew and uncle brutally died . yet , he still had his brother , his wife , his children and his hopes for future vengeance.  then his brother died unnecessarily and this time he didn't have his wife either . yet , he could cling on his new plan and protecting his children and nieces . and even his beloved daughter and nieces all betrayed him. he will not forget or forgive his loyal innocent son's death.

There's nothing to forgive though. Like Quentyns uncle before him, he was not murdered. 

He has every reason to be sad and angry, but only at himself. For being an absent father and expecting his son to accomplish an impossibility.

30 minutes ago, Hugorfonics said:

(Lol Barris memory, she totally laughed in his face)

:D 

30 minutes ago, Hugorfonics said:

He has every reason to be sad and angry, but only at himself. For being an absent father and expecting his son to accomplish an impossibility.

it's always easier and more common for people to put the blame elsewhere . especially when the guilt is so hurtful. as far as I've noticed, in these series the characters' behaviors , fears , reactions and decisions feel somewhat real;  even though the story , plots and events couldn't be further from realistic. 

14 minutes ago, EggBlue said:

:D 

it's always easier and more common for people to put the blame elsewhere . especially when the guilt is so hurtful. as far as I've noticed, in these series the characters' behaviors , fears , reactions and decisions feel somewhat real;  even though the story , plots and events couldn't be further from realistic. 

There's only so much blame to go around though, he knows he sent Quentyn, a boy he hardly knows, down the dragons gullet. Like, what's the surprise? 

His wife could have told him this would happen, if she hadn't left him already for these poor fathering type shenanigans 

Lady Nym was no less deadly, though she kept her knives well hidden. "Only royal blood can wash out my father's murder."

"Oberyn died during single combat, fighting in a matter that was none of his concern. I do not call that murder."

It'd be interesting if Doran goes ape over Quentyn though, especially because it's in such contrast to the Red Viper who Doran was kind of a father too (a much older brother/guardian)

But I'm pretty convinced that Doran, Tatters and Barristans govt (hopefully with Dany) will join together before striking at Westeros 

9 hours ago, Hugorfonics said:

But I'm pretty convinced that Doran, Tatters and Barristans govt (hopefully with Dany) will join together before striking at Westeros 

I highly doubt Dany and Dorne will form an alliance, for all the reasons @EggBlue has already mentioned.

Daenerys refused Quentyn's proposal of marriage and by extension an alliance with Dorne. This complicates things even with Quentyn alive. Adding to that Quentyn's death by one of Daenerys' dragons and Doran has no reason to feel good towards her even if the true story of his son's death reaches him.

Daenerys is missing in the Dothraki Sea, many believe she is dead and before that she showed Quentyn and his companions that she had no intention of going to Westeros anytime soon. This will probably change in the next book, but that's the information Quentyn's companions will probably have when they go back to Westeros with Quentyn's bones. Aegon is in Westeros, is closely related to the Martells (assuming he is real), is male so for most Westeros he has a better claim than Daenerys and Arianne, Doran's heiress, is going to meet him and it seems he is going propose to her.

"But Daenerys has dragons."

Dorne has resisted dragons before. Aegon the Conqueror failed to conquer Dorne with them and Balerion, Meraxes and Vaghar were much bigger than Daenerys' dragons. The Dornishmen brought down Rhaenys' dragon and even after Aegon fell on them in fury Dorne did not surrender. They are a stubborn people with a proud history of independence and resistance against the Targaryen.

I believe when Dany finally arrive in Westeros Aegon will be sitting on the throne with Arianne as his queen.

11 hours ago, EggBlue said:

:unsure: we clearly are not on the same page here

:(

One more try? 

"The rest you'll have in Dorne," Quentyn insisted. "My father is a man of honor. If I put my seal to an agreement, he will fulfill its terms. You have my word on that."

That's a believable sentence. Two princes seals should mean something for an honorable Prince like Doran

Archived