US Politics - Hot takes from my cold dead hands

Larry of the Lawn

5 minutes ago, JEORDHl said:

You know it's true.

Pretty good. The only piece missing is his emotional bond to the town he worked and had relatives in that compelled him to go defend a used car lot with lethal force. Whomst among us hasn't done the same? Whomst??

3 minutes ago, Week said:

Pretty good. The only piece missing is his emotional bond to the town he worked and had relatives in that compelled him to go defend a used car lot with lethal force. Whomst among us hasn't done the same? Whomst??

shocked_mime-face.gif

CBO report out does not include additional revenue generated by tax enforcement (estimated at ~$200B) AND, even excluding that, increases the deficit by ~1/4 of the 2017 tax cut. The tax cut which did ... nothing for the economy or really anyone other than wealthy special interests. None of the promised growth or economic activity came to be.

26 minutes ago, Week said:

Why didn’t those a lot Koreans just mind their business during the LA riots? Standing in front of stores that weren’t even their own. 

13 minutes ago, Varysblackfyre321 said:

Why didn’t those a lot Koreans just mind their business during the LA riots? Standing in front of stores that weren’t even their own. 

What a disappointing response. Lazy in its trolling. I expected a frame-by-frame refutation of the satire of an actor. I implore you to touch some grass. Maybe smoke some grass. 

ETA- I will not respond until there is a frame-by-frame response to the video above. Please also change the language that he uses to suit your argument and change the meaning. That one is a real hoot.

2 minutes ago, DMC said:

Kevin McCarthy has been whining for about an hour and a half now holding up the House vote.

But if the reports of him being heckled why he's doing this are true, you love to see it.. 

"Nobody elected Joe Biden to be FDR," McCarthy says in his floor speech. "I did!" one Democrat pipes up. "Me too!" says another.

4 hours ago, Week said:

CBO report out does not include additional revenue generated by tax enforcement (estimated at ~$200B) AND, even excluding that, increases the deficit by ~1/4 of the 2017 tax cut. The tax cut which did ... nothing for the economy or really anyone other than wealthy special interests. None of the promised growth or economic activity came to be.

But is that enough to sway the Senate moderates?

1 hour ago, DMC said:

Kevin McCarthy has been whining for about an hour and a half now holding up the House vote.

An hour later, he's still yammering, and it looks like one of the Republicans behind him is falling asleep now and then. At what point do his own colleagues start going:

1 hour ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

But if the reports of him being heckled why he's doing this are true, you love to see it.. 

"Nobody elected Joe Biden to be FDR," McCarthy says in his floor speech. "I did!" one Democrat pipes up. "Me too!" says another.

Omigod...it's better than I thought...

11 hours ago, Week said:

used car lot

Ah this isn’t a response to you specifically but I see this sentiment way too much. Also think it’s a bit weird how people so casually brush off the destruction of something some people rely to give them money to do things like get food and pay rent or if they’re the owner have staked their entire lives in. 

Archived